Value of: Kotkaniemi extension

What will the Hurricanes sign Kotkaniemi for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yikes i didn’t realize some habs fans are still trying to convince people that Carolina didn’t screw them over.

Bergevin literally got fired and you guys are still trying to defend him after he basically gave up 3rd overall + for a 3rd line C.

Oh well, i guess the standings speak for themselves.

The mistake wasn’t letting Kohtkaniemi go at that money. He wasn’t worth anywhere near that contract and not qualifying him at that price the year after walked him to UFA. The blunder was throwing away the first received in the offersheet for Dvorak.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Yikes i didn’t realize some habs fans are still trying to convince people that Carolina didn’t screw them over.

Bergevin literally got fired and you guys are still trying to defend him after he basically gave up 3rd overall + for a 3rd line C.

yea cause having KK instead of Dvorak and The Habs would be near the top of the league, what a bunch of nonsense.

6.1 for him was insane and The Habs had no choice but to let him go. Habs haters and Canes fans can laugh all the like but the facts are the facts, he is now on a really good team and he is putting up 3 line numbers at best.

Reactions: viceroy

TheUglyTruth

Dec 30, 2021
Please tell me everyone on this thread knows that Montreal keeps their pick this year if it’s top ten and Arizona gets Carolina’s which basically means we got Dvorak for two 2nds ???

which pretty much means the habs won this deal as it stands!

Reactions: Habs Icing

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Please tell me everyone on this thread knows that Montreal keeps their pick this year if it’s top ten and Arizona gets Carolina’s which basically means we got Dvorak for two 2nds ???

Of course they know but for the haters its more fun to mock with made up facts than the real ones.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Do you have a reading comprehension issue?
I literally wrote that none of the team involved in the situation were winners. How does that tantamount to defending Bergevin or saying that the habs didn't get screwed over?

Reactions: viceroy and byrath

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Do you have a reading comprehension issue?
I literally wrote that none of the team involved in the situation were winners. How does that tantamount to defending Bergevin or saying that the habs didn't get screwed over?
Isn’t there some switch of picks thing with Arizona depending on the Habs not being bottom 10?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Isn’t there some switch of picks thing with Arizona depending on the Habs not being bottom 10?

Yes.
At this point, it's pretty much guaranteed that Arizona will receive Carolina's first-round pick instead of the habs first.

Reactions: Fatass

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Watch Carolina be absolute mad lads and take him to 85% cutback arbitration. They'd probably have a strong case too.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I was thinking of trades. Dvorak to Carolina would've made more sense, no? Costs less assets and cash, saves those things for TDA.

Kotkaniemi has no impact on next season’s payroll at this time. The Canes can just cut bait if it’s not working out. The same is not true of Dvorak, who ended up costing Montreal more in raw assets. For that reason, I don’t like Dvorak’s fit with how Carolina is built. Committing to him as a 2C, because of his term, may be okay for a team like Montreal, but for a club that sees itself as a legit cup contender, he’s underwhelming. Of course, a 4C at that price tag past 21-22 is terribly inefficient.

Reactions: Tryamw and zeeto

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006

then by that logic Carolina basically got JK for a 2nd and a 3rd, which means they did pretty good too

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
They would have to qualify him first at 6.1 so I doubt that very much. Car will cut bait and he will be a UFA in July.

The QO is not required for club elected arbitration. However, the team would lose walk away rights and choice of term. For those reasons, that outcome is likely, if the two sides can’t come to an agreement prior to the QO deadline.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Carolina is tops in the NHL in win %. The Habs are second to last in the same category. And you gave away the draft pick to get Dvorak, who isn’t exactly lighting it up in Montreal.
:nod:
KK: 13 points in 29 games
Dvorak: 12 points in 27 games

Do you want me to tell you the cap hit of each player?

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Carolina is tops in the NHL in win %. The Habs are second to last in the same category. And you gave away the draft pick to get Dvorak, who isn’t exactly lighting it up in Montreal.
:nod:

Dvorak has better numbers and makes way less and is signed longer and doesn't fall down every second shift. I don't see the down side.

Last edited:
Reactions: _habsfan9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad