Value of: Konecny to Minnesota

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
1 for 1 type for Rossi or Faber + cap dump. Or Walstedt + pick + cap dump.
Price is high cause personally I’d re-sign him, he’s a true Flyer and should be here for long long time
Think those asks are too much. Maybe not Rossi but an extension would have to be worked out for Konecny

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I will easily give up a 1st but he’s not worth two 1st round picks at all .
Rentals routinely get moved for a first plus with top guys like to getting a young roster player as well. Minnie has the assets to get it done with two pieces but he absolutely commands that kind of value.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Rentals routinely get moved for a first plus with top guys like to getting a young roster player as well. Minnie has the assets to get it done with two pieces but he absolutely commands that kind of value.
No he wouldn’t. Fiala who wasn’t a rental got a 1st and b prospect at that time. He’s not better than fiala. Wild aren’t giving up any top prospects in any trade. Our gm hasn’t even given up a 1st ever. They can just sign a winger for 1-2 years which is the plan

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
No he wouldn’t. Fiala who wasn’t a rental got a 1st and b prospect at that time. He’s not better than fiala. Wild aren’t giving up any top prospects in any trade. Our gm hasn’t even given up a 1st ever. They can just sign a winger for 1-2 years which is the plan
Have you ever gotten a single thing right? Fiala wasn’t a rental?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Rossi + Haight + 2nd. 13+ prospect or something. I don’t think the Flyers will trade him, but if they did I would be looking at the Fiala trade as a comp. Flyers certainly aren’t getting 13 + another 1

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If Yurov isn’t on the table, then you’re not in the game on Konecny. The Flyers have to sell to fans trading their most important and popular player after his best season. The return is going to include another team’s most important asset(s). If you’re unwilling to go there, then it’s a hard stop. So it’s not the Flyers trying again, it’s you guys who asked.
If you ask for a player like Yurov, you likely dont get a 1st as eell.

Hes s rental

Meier get a 1st and a high prospect. He w sd sn RFA
Same with LA signing Fuska after trade their 1st and top prospect

Both had an idea on resigning.

Vanpc got contract 1st+ b prospect for horvat

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Hes s rental

There’s a cost to getting a player for an entire year. That’s not a rental. You’re not willing to meet it, and that’s fine. I don’t think the two teams are good trading partners because they have the same needs.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022

Hes s rental

No matter what, Yurov isn’t getting traded by wild. So no

There’s a cost to getting a player for an entire year. That’s not a rental. You’re not willing to meet it, and that’s fine. I don’t think the two teams are good trading partners because they have the same needs.
A player with a year left is literally considered to be a rental in any league. You can’t say a player with year left isn’t a rental as that would be a lie

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Did I say that? Re-read what I said. I said he was an rfa, but
He was a rental , he needed a deal. He had no contract. UFA or RFA makes no difference to the acquiring team. They had to pay him and he had to agree to stay.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No matter what, Yurov isn’t getting traded by wild. So no

A player with a year left is literally considered to be a rental in any league. You can’t say a player with year left isn’t a rental as that would be a lie
A player that you trade for during the season after having had evaluated your roster needs knowing he is likely to walk is a rental. If you trade for a player during the offseason, it’s by and large with the idea that they can fit long term.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
A player that you trade for during the season after having had evaluated your roster needs knowing he is likely to walk is a rental. If you trade for a player during the offseason, it’s by and large with the idea that they can fit long term.
That’s so factually incorrect, and lie also. Teams trade for players in the offseason with a year left all the time especially contenders knowing it could or will be 1year rental.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
There’s thoughts around the Philly that TK already has an extension waiting for his name on it.

It’s going to take a massive overpayment for Briere to consider trading him, I’d imagine.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Fiala deal was 19 + a former 2nd round pick many valued as a mid-late first. I don’t see the reason to throw Heidt in.
I think he's trying to work around when the other guy said no Russian yurov could approximate the stone deal or kusneysov the fiala deal but I doubt anyone outside of Minnesota has a grasp on thier pool well enough to find value that fits what both teams would find interesting

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
For The Habs, assuming he'd resign, I'd give up 2 1sts ( WPG and some combo of the HABS/CGY/FLA pick in 2025) + Harris/Struble + Mesar
For a guy who averages in points equals Slaf's this year? No thanks.

I trust Hughes to draft two players that will produce more. Plus Mesar and Slaf are very close and I'm not sure I'd ship Mesar away without seeing how that friendship looks on ice.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala is a pretty good trade comp. 1st+Lambos/Khusnutdinov/Hunt/Peart/etc. Something like that. It's fun for fans to say "if you want Konecny it takes Yurov+ or two 1sts", but that's just fans being fans, there's nothing about that that's rooted in reality.

They're either going to extend him or it's going to come down to trading him for a 1st+B piece. That's how it works with guys who have one year left until UFA.

Yes, this is what happened with Fiala, and he got a 1st and a B prospect. There's no reason Konecny would get significantly more.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That’s so factually incorrect, and lie also. Teams trade for players in the offseason with a year left all the time especially contenders knowing it could or will be 1year rental.

Just because it could, doesn't mean that it is. When you make the deal, no one's stopping you from trading the player again, or signing them. And we also hear about teams who don't move players and become 'own rentals' which by the very definition of both words, is impossible to exist, but does some people in media are lazy and wanted a new buzzword, doing so because it's decisions ultimately made in the moments that they have to be.

For the 2024 draft, 5 1st round picks were traded for players whose rights expired the following July 1, 2 were traded for players who would be or were RFA (one of which was acquired for a deadline rental), 1 was traded a player who had multiple years on his contract, 1 more was conditional for a similar player, by a team who was not making the playoffs last year and knew it, based on the team performance this year (didn't make the playoffs either). 1 last one was also conditional based on how other conditions played out and was used as a one-year salary dump by a team who did not make the playoffs last year or this year, and has no conditions to next year, while acquiring another one from another team. Half (and for singular reasons, a plurality), were traded for pure trade deadline rentals, and half were made under various other circumstances.

The point is every draft pick is valued differently based on how a GM identifies their needs, whether it's their own pick, or someone else's, at a given time. The costs are the costs, the decisions are the decisions, and the reasons are the reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad