Value of: Konecny to Minnesota

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
That's nice, but Minnesota isn't targeting Michkov at this time.
I get the joke, but I don't understand how you think you can just acquire a team's best player and productive 1st line winger with intangibles and not even be willing to give up a high end prospect not even on the roster.

If the Flyers PP wasn't as abysmal as it has been, TK would be a 90 point winger. To the previous poster, I'd counter the Flyers would prefer a more recently drafted 1st rounder who's stock has risen than 2 future 1sts, so Yurov would be the ask. And rightfully so.

I do think TK can be had, and a Yurov type prospect plus a 1st would get it done if he's willing to re-sign. We'll talk picks if he's not, but most likely if they trade TK, it'll be a team he's willing to go to to maximize the package.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
I get the joke, but I don't understand how you think you can just acquire a team's best player and productive 1st line winger with intangibles and not even be willing to give up a high end prospect not even on the roster.

If the Flyers PP wasn't as abysmal as it has been, TK would be a 90 point winger. To the previous poster, I'd counter the Flyers would prefer a more recently drafted 1st rounder who's stock has risen than 2 future 1sts, so Yurov would be the ask. And rightfully so.

I do think TK can be had, and a Yurov type prospect plus a 1st would get it done if he's willing to re-sign. We'll talk picks if he's not, but most likely if they trade TK, it'll be a team he's willing to go to to maximize the package.
Yurov isn’t getting traded. Minnesota under bill guerin has never ever traded a top prospect or 1st round pick, so no. Minnesota has a Russian player in kaprizov also so try again

13 and kush I'm assuming yurov is off the table
Russian players are off the tables all together. If Minnesota moves up in the lottery they will just draft a top prospect

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's nice, but Minnesota isn't targeting Michkov at this time.

Yurov isn’t getting traded. Minnesota under bill guerin has never ever traded a top prospect or 1st round pick, so no. Minnesota has a Russian player in kaprizov also so try again

Russian players are off the tables all together. If Minnesota moves up in the lottery they will just draft a top prospect
If Yurov isn’t on the table, then you’re not in the game on Konecny. The Flyers have to sell to fans trading their most important and popular player after his best season. The return is going to include another team’s most important asset(s). If you’re unwilling to go there, then it’s a hard stop. So it’s not the Flyers trying again, it’s you guys who asked.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If Yurov isn’t on the table, then you’re not in the game on Konecny. The Flyers have to sell to fans trading their most important and popular player after his best season. The return is going to include another team’s most important asset(s). If you’re unwilling to go there, then it’s a hard stop. So it’s not the Flyers trying again, it’s you guys who asked.
Would you trade Konecny to move up in draft?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Top prospects like Yurov don’t get traded for a guy with 1 year left on his deal. Just as surely you would not trade Michkov for Kaprizov with 1 year left. They go for other young players with term (see: Gauthier for Drysdale).

Minnesota has plenty of assets to offer. 1st (#13) this year, 2025 1st, Ohgren, etc etc. Supposedly Rossi might be traded as well since Russo has brought it up like 3 or 4 times leading into the summer.

If the ask includes Yurov (lol at adding a 1st), that’s a hard stop and have a nice day for most Minnesota fans.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
For The Habs, assuming he'd resign, I'd give up 2 1sts ( WPG and some combo of the HABS/CGY/FLA pick in 2025) + Harris/Struble + Mesar

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Would you trade Konecny to move up in draft?
They’d only do that in this draft if was top 2 or 3.

Top prospects like Yurov don’t get traded for a guy with 1 year left on his deal. Just as surely you would not trade Michkov for Kaprizov with 1 year left. They go for other young players with term (see: Gauthier for Drysdale).

Minnesota has plenty of assets to offer. 1st (#13) this year, 2025 1st, Ohgren, etc etc. Supposedly Rossi might be traded as well since Russo has brought it up like 3 or 4 times leading into the summer.

If the ask includes Yurov (lol at adding a 1st), that’s a hard stop and have a nice day for most Minnesota fans.
That’s fine. I wouldn’t trade Yurov either. Having lost Gauthier, they would only make a trade like this to recoup that player within the organization, plus more as they need to save face with it. Ohgren and Rossi are not those players.

Reactions: BernieParent

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
They’d only do that in this draft if was top 2 or 3.

That’s fine. I wouldn’t trade Yurov either. Having lost Gauthier, they would only make a trade like this to recoup that player within the organization, plus more as they need to save face with it. Ohgren and Rossi are not those players.
You don’t even get Rossi or ohgren for a rental. Hf has this thing where they think a rental is worth more than they should be and are then surprised when they aren’t

pooch

May 30, 2017
You don’t even get Rossi or ohgren for a rental. Hf has this thing where they think a rental is worth more than they should be and are then surprised when they aren’t
Did you miss the part of the OP when he said "Dead cap drops significantly when he would need a new contract"

That implies he'd be willing to extend there before the trade happens.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Okay well Minnesota has money to sign a large free agent anyway . No rental no matter what gets top A prospects

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Did you miss the part of the OP when he said "Dead cap drops significantly when he would need a new contract"

That implies he'd be willing to extend there before the trade happens.
You literally can’t do that anymore at all. You can’t do a sign and trade. Wild couldn’t with fiala. Sign and trade is illegal now. You can keep him then because wild could easily move up on the lottery and Minnesota isn’t trading their A prospects specifically their Russians.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
1 for 1 type for Rossi or Faber + cap dump. Or Walstedt + pick + cap dump.
Price is high cause personally I’d re-sign him, he’s a true Flyer and should be here for long long time

Reactions: Limeyjim

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He’s not a rental. He has a whole year left, and his production has only gone up. He likely signs wherever he goes, too. You don’t like it, that’s fine, I wouldn’t do it either in the Wild’s position, they need centers. Konecny is still at best a second line player on a championship level team.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Price is high cause personally I’d re-sign him, he’s a true Flyer and should be here for long long time
lol funny stuffs. Nothing more unserious and bait than thinking wild are ever trading wallstedt or Brock Faber for your winger who Minnesota doesn’t need. Embarrassing comment. Really delete your comment as it’s nothing more than laughable unless your baiting

In what fantasy world of yours do you think wild would ever trade wallstedt, or the stud of Brock Faber. Not only that according to you wild would have to add pick to wallstedt and faber lol funny.

• Haha
Reactions: Grinner

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Feels expensive. I'd prefer the Wild wait until the worst of the dead cap is over and they get their flexibility back. Maybe by then they will have a GM who isn't trying to assemble a defensive line instead of a skilled hockey team.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
TK’s numbers were impressive but you almost have to view him considerably higher than just a “68 points in 76 games” winger if you are going to attempt to put together a package to temp Philly.

He did all that scoring as by far the main and at times only offensive engine on a sad sack forward group bereft of game breakers on a team coached by Torts.

This was definitely not your run of the mill “close to PPG” season. I think you’d be hard-pressed to find any winger league wide who had to do as much heavy lifting on his own offensively this year. And the guy still produced really well.

pooch

May 30, 2017
You literally can’t do that anymore at all. You can’t do a sign and trade. Wild couldn’t with fiala. Sign and trade is illegal now. You can keep him then because wild could easily move up on the lottery and Minnesota isn’t trading their A prospects specifically their Russians.
I'm not talking about a sign and trade. I'm talking about a trade and then the Wild extending him which he would have to be agreeable to up front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad