Prospect Info: Kole Lind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
I disagree with your assessment. I think Lind is a good skater. Skating isn't going to hold him back. No issues there. Lind also measured 6'1" 185lbs at the combine and plays a powerforward type game. He may still be relatively lanky and needs to fill out some more and gain strength, but he isn't some skinny kid with no power in his legs.

Also, Kesler is considered an elite skater and Hansen is a very good skater. If Lind isn't "nearly the skater" as those two that's fine. Burrows isn't considered a that good of a skater due to his hunchback style but he's pretty quick.
Lind is more of an agitator than a power forward, he is not a guy who delivers big hits or score garbage goals in front of the net. Gadjovich plays a power game but Linds game is not a power game.

IMO he needs to improve his acceleration to transfer his game from juniors to NHL. Lets hope he can do that.

Reactions: drax0s

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I disagree with your assessment. I think Lind is a good skater. Skating isn't going to hold him back. No issues there. Lind also measured 6'1" 185lbs at the combine and plays a powerforward type game. He may still be relatively lanky and needs to fill out some more and gain strength, but he isn't some skinny kid with no power in his legs.

Also, Kesler is considered an elite skater and Hansen is a very good skater. If Lind isn't "nearly the skater" as those two that's fine. Burrows isn't considered a that good of a skater due to his hunchback style but he's pretty quick.
Lind does not have good acceleration, he needs to improve that by a lot.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Kole has a couple of goals in the first period tonight. I'm going to take that as a sign he's fully recovered from the injury, because I want something to be positive about.

Reactions: BrockBesnar

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
First period HatTrick

35 goals on the season for our stud

In what, 51 games?

Looks like he'll eclipse his 87 point season from last year in significantly fewer games.

Interested to see him in the AHL next season—will remain cautiously optimistic.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
In what, 51 games?

Looks like he'll eclipse his 87 point season from last year in significantly fewer games.

Interested to see him in the AHL next season—will remain cautiously optimistic.

Think if he played all his games he would be on a 114 point pace

Needless to say, the pick is looking fantastic especially when you consider his primary point percentage.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
He kind of disappeared after the first period. Didn't notice him as much. Seemed like he had the puck every shift in the first period. His first two goals probably should've never went in - first goal, I guess there was a fly-by screen by Dube but Lind just tossed it on net and it went in. Second goal was a sneaky surprise shot that I don't think Gauthier expected. Third goal was just a clean snipe from a prime scoring spot.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Kole Lind now with 85 points in 51 games.

76 of those 85 are primary points. So that would be 89.4% of his production. Just unreal.

1.49 PPG for primary points which would place him 1st in the WHL as of now.

Some of his magic...

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Nice. Good that they waited till post deadline—if they signed him between Jan 1. and deadline it would have burned off a year of his ELC due to his late birthday (as per Ryan Biech).

Ideally Kelowna has a deep run and makes the Memorial cup, but if not would be great to get him on an ATO to bolster Utica (as we've taken literally everyone from them).

palefire

Jun 3, 2005
Nevertheless, if he plays 10+ AHL games, including playoffs, would this not count as a professional season thereby making him expansion eligible in 2020? If so, what are the odds the Canucks know this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad