Prospect Info: Kole Lind

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Sorry I went too far calling for a revenge injury guys but the hit still makes me angry the guy knew what he was doing and went for the head. I think Commish Bettman would not take this type a thing so lightly
Appreciate the mea culpa and I do understand you being upset. Lind is a very good prospect and it sucks that he got hurt - hope it's not serious. But, like a lot of these hits, two people can see the same hit and seemingly see different things. I didn't see the head hit and I didn't think it was anything more than eliminating the scoring chance. It was aggressive but clean in my view. Lind exposed himself to the hit and it was made worse because he shifted his weight in beginning his shooting motion. I think everyone who has played high level hockey, especially forward, knows those moments of panic when you put yourself in a vulnerable position. Hockey is a fast, contact sport.

Reactions: MrTurdFerguson

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Our boy got LIT UP

Nothing wrong with the hit, pretty spectacular actually. Shades of Scott Stevens

Hope the timeline of one week is accurate. Considering it could have been season ending

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
That was an amazing hit. Unfortunate for Lind but I mean, I don’t rrally feel sorry for anyone cutting to the inside of the ice like that and not expecting anything.

Wait until the pros Lindy.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Any update on the injury other than the vague "he'll be out for a week" comment? If it's a concussion, return dates are highly variable.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Reading everyone comments. Everyone seem extremely high on him. I am just not that high on him. I do see him making nhl which is pretty good since most 2nd round picks don't. I see him as a tweener. Between 30 to 50 points. If he play with Pettersson in the future. He might be able to get a few 50 plus points season.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Reading everyone comments. Everyone seem extremely high on him. I am just not that high on him. I do see him making nhl which is pretty good since most 2nd round picks don't. I see him as a tweener. Between 30 to 50 points. If he play with Pettersson in the future. He might be able to get a few 50 plus points season.
ok you may be right. The thing is when will he stop progressing? Right now he is getting better. If that continues the sky is the limit. If he stopped progessing right now he would not be a nhl player. So it is fun to guess but your prediction means nothing even if you are right. At this point he is doing everything that could be expected of him. Hope the head injury does not derail that progress.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
His shift to shifts are very impressive. He is just all over the puck every shift, dominant possesion player at that level with great sense and pace of play. Lots of elite scorers in junior don't have the puck as much as he does.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
30-50 points would be a great acheivement

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
He actually seems to me like a Hansen type player. I think he'll probably run into a wall when he hits pro where it gets REALLY hard to score, but he'll still pot a few here and there through sheer tenacity. He'll probably also be a bit of an underdog fan favorite too.

Sort of a cocky Kesler x Hansen cross without Kesler's shot.

Reactions: Catbug

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
He's not nearly the skater that either Hansen or Kesler, or even Burrows, were.

I was surprised by his grit and agitation at camp and in preseason but to be honest I think he's going to fall flat on his face to start his pro career, his skating and size will not be able to handle it as is.

Would love to eat all of the crow on this though

Reactions: Canucks1096

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kinda surprised some posters are focused on his skating.....any highlight packages I've seen, his skating seems just fine.....and like a lot of guys Jimbo and the Canucks focus on drafting lately, he's already got an NHL shot and a lethal one-timer......so many goals in the NHL now come off a shot and a rebound.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Kinda surprised some posters are focused on his skating.....any highlight packages I've seen, his skating seems just fine.....and like a lot of guys Jimbo and the Canucks focus on drafting lately, he's already got an NHL shot and a lethal one-timer......so many goals in the NHL now come off a shot and a rebound.

“Just fine” in jr isn’t “just fine” in the NHL. Besides most of the discussion is simply how he isn’t a top end skater like Kesler and Hansen, which is correct.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
I watched him a couple times recently and I didn't think his skating was bad at all.

He definitely needs to get stronger but I don't see skating being an issue like it will be for Gadjovich.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
He's not nearly the skater that either Hansen or Kesler, or even Burrows, were.

I was surprised by his grit and agitation at camp and in preseason but to be honest I think he's going to fall flat on his face to start his pro career, his skating and size will not be able to handle it as is.

I disagree with your assessment. I think Lind is a good skater. Skating isn't going to hold him back. No issues there. Lind also measured 6'1" 185lbs at the combine and plays a powerforward type game. He may still be relatively lanky and needs to fill out some more and gain strength, but he isn't some skinny kid with no power in his legs.

Also, Kesler is considered an elite skater and Hansen is a very good skater. If Lind isn't "nearly the skater" as those two that's fine. Burrows isn't considered a that good of a skater due to his hunchback style but he's pretty quick.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
I really wish I got to see him when he came through Victoria. It will be interesting to see how he transitions after this year. I expect him to be in Utica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad