Recalled/Assigned: Kochetkov recalled

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Ah yes, Toronto fans, the voice of reason when it comes to players.

Nevermind that Andersen played 66, 66, 60 and 52 games his first 4 seasons there and only dropped to 24 games the final season when he was both injured and the Leafs went with Campbell, who got hot and had a .921 SV% instead.

I have a good friend from Toronto, huge leafs fan. A very nice Canadian otherwise, but when it comes to the Leafs he's an obnoxious asshole.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He wasn't cautious in Toronto earlier in his career, which was part of his problem in his final seasons in Toronto. He played through some injuries and is play suffered as he wasn't good. He's also now 34, which players need to be more cautious with injuries.
I didn’t say it was bad, just that he’s probably going to take his time. We have three goalies for a reason.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
I didn’t say it was bad, just that he’s probably going to take his time. We have three goalies for a reason.
And frankly, if there is any player I'd want to make damn sure they are 100% it's the goalie. A forward at 90% can still be pretty effective. A goalie at 90%... likely not a good recipe for success.

Now if we didn't have our three headed goalie monster that could change but enjoy it while you have it.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
And frankly, if there is any player I'd want to make damn sure they are 100% it's the goalie. A forward at 90% can still be pretty effective. A goalie at 90%... likely not a good recipe for success.

Now if we didn't have our three headed goalie monster that could change but enjoy it while you have it.
I don’t have a problem with periodic injury & rest during the season. Just want them healthy and fresh in may/june.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Oh, I know you didn't think it was bad. I was just re-emphasizing that when he was younger he played even at times while injured and now that he's older, he's naturally more cautious.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Or you bring them back knowing the other options are bad and Kochetkov still has some wrinkles to iron out. He is only 24 and still young for a goalie
Again, I don't necessarily disagree with this. I hope he runs with his next opportunity and allows us to put Auntie out to pasture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad