Recalled/Assigned: Kochetkov recalled

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Head injuries are nothing to joke about dude, piss off with this Freddie Flu BS.
Huk huk.

Dude spent half the year out. He's a decent net minder but I didn't give him that name. Toronto fans did. He starts to stink it up then gets some sort of injury that lasts for God knows how long.

But whatever lol.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
This is good news. Let's GTFO of here with this Freddie Flu nonsense. He's missed so far zero games after being taken out for precautionary reasons. Brind'Amour refuses to play guys unless they're healthy. If the health is in question, it's better safe than sorry. It can be frustrating at times, but the idea is to be ready for the playoffs. We know we're a playoff team, so we can afford to be patient with injuries. A poorer coach would have kept in Freddie, played Aho, and rushed Svechnikov to try to squeeze every point out of this season.

Furthermore, this was kind of what we wanted with our rotation, no? We wanted to get Kochetkov some games. Part of why we re-signed everybody was to have a 3-headed goalie monster.

Given how shit our defense has been, and how great our goalies were last playoffs, I'm willing to give our netminders the benefit of the doubt. At the same time, it's also true that we rely less on our goalie than probably any other team in the league.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Huk huk.

Dude spent half the year out. He's a decent net minder but I didn't give him that name. Toronto fans did. He starts to stink it up then gets some sort of injury that lasts for God knows how long.

But whatever lol.
I realize that Toronto fans gave him that name but that doesn't make you less of a dick for bringing it up when the dude takes a shot between the eyes and may have a concussion. Plus, it may not have been his decision to leave the game. The trainer and official may have made that call.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Ah yes, Toronto fans, the voice of reason when it comes to players.

Nevermind that Andersen played 66, 66, 60 and 52 games his first 4 seasons there and only dropped to 24 games the final season when he was both injured and the Leafs went with Campbell, who got hot and had a .921 SV% instead.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Freddie tends to be cautious with his injuries and it gives us a chance to get Koochie some looks. I wouldn’t see it as a sign Freddie’s that banged up, and at the same time you know Freddie will take longer than you might expect to come back.

He wasn't cautious in Toronto earlier in his career, which was part of his problem in his final seasons in Toronto. He played through some injuries and is play suffered as he wasn't good. He's also now 34, which players need to be more cautious with injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad