GDT: Knights Visit Carolina 7:30 EST

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Pesce's value to a budget team like ours is insane. It would take a good young center for me to consider trading him.
It will be equally insane if the Canes become serious contenders and have cap constraints. When Svechnikov, Necas, Fox or Bean, become high-end players, then Pesce's $4M AAV will be really helpful.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Canes return from break, top Golden Knights 5-2
By Chip Alexander February 01, 2019

Carolina Hurricanes coach Rod Brind’Amour believed the Canes were playing their best hockey of the season -- before the NHL All-Star Game break, before their mandated bye week.
The long rest period over, the Canes finally returned to the ice Friday to play, looking for a victory over the Vegas Golden Knights at PNC Arena. They got it 5-2 .
“It was a real solid effort,” Brind’Amour said. “The execution wasn’t great. But the effort, I thought, was really high. I’m really happy obviously with the win but the way we played.”
Goalie Petr Mrazek earned his 11th win of the season with 22 saves. And Justin Faulk became a new franchise leader in career points by a defenseman for the Canes (25-20-6), 10-3-1 in their past 14 games. Faulk also had a late empty-net goal.
“You look up and down our lineup and everybody contributed,” Brind’Amour said.
Faulk’s assist gave him 241 career points, passing Dave Babych for the franchise record for points by a defenseman. Babych set the record from 1985-91 with the Hartford Whalers.
Asked about the record, Faulk said, “It’s not really in my head right now, to be honest, just playing and trying to do my thing out there.”
Canes return from break, top Golden Knights 5-2

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
We play our best hockey since Rod put Slavin/Dougie together again and Pesce/Faulk. At this point i'm leaning toward keeping Faulk for strong push in the last months. Try to add Toffoli or Miller from Tampa and that's it.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Mrazek's save percentage tonight is describes his game perfectly. Knights have earned two goals, it's just that the two they earned didn't go in and two they didn't went in. McElhinney's save pct. is .914 because he doesn't allow the cheapies.
First goal was a bomb from about 35 feet. Unless it hit him, it was in.
Second goal was just a really good shot with the help of a screen.
I was sitting right behind the goal and that shot was off the post and in really quickly. Mrazek was really good last night.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
Mrazek should have saved the 1st one. Clear view of the puck from that far away you save it. Buttt...

Man did he make HUGE saves with under a minute left in both the 1st and 2nd periods. Keeping momentum on the Canes side going into both intermissions was big. Pesce scored less than a minute into the 2nd and Aho less than 4 minutes into the 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad