Post-Game Talk: Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I was just making a joke but you are correct that the world economy started tanking in 08

Idk how they can call a hand pass when his hand never left his stick but what do I know?
Nothing and neither does anybody else because we have nothing to draw on.

Yes, I could see why the goal was called back, but it'll count next time. There's no consistency.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Actually this happened during the Obama administration when the NHLPA got absolutely Trouba'd to prevent another lost season.

The stars made out but the shit is hitting the fan on middle of the road players because everyone is up against the cap paying their stars.

The recent SAG-AFTRA strike too. RDJ and Ryan Reynolds ruling the universe, working actors struggling.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
You think he deserves Lundqvist money, or anything close to it?

I didn't say anything about salary, but your evaluation of his performance post-Vezina is just not accurate.

He gas gone from one of the greatest seasons a goalie has ever had to being one of the best goalies in the NHL.

If you disagree with that, how many goalies would you trade him for?

Reactions: def1iance

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
I didn't say anything about salary, but your evaluation of his performance post-Vezina is just not accurate.

He gas gone from one of the greatest seasons a goalie has ever had to being one of the best goalies in the NHL.

If you disagree with that, how many goalies would you trade him for?

And this season he's trending downwards. He hasn't looked like his Vezina self, and you can tell by his own body language and what he did after last nights game. Whether it's mental, physical (Something still nagging him), or both.

First, let's see how much he wants and see if it's better to trade him while his value is sky high.

If he gets paid, my worry would practically come to fruition: we'll end up with Lundqvist 2.0

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
It was a Gallant start. Lazy, unengaged. And the Sabres did really well with sealing off the options on our zone outs and also muddied up the neutral zone. Some speed, like we showed after the 1st period, pushed them back and kept them honest. We controlled P2 and P3 honestly and we should have at least tied it regulation. The rob on Vesey was game, set, match.

The Wheeler goal was correctly waved off. Cuylle did direct the puck with his elbow. Technically not a hand pass, but you can't direct the puck with intent offensively by using anything other than your stick.
You can kick the puck to a teammate so that last line isn't true

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Lundqvist's contract was $8.5m. Shesterkin would boil his agent alive if he came in at $8.5m.

I mean, not me. I wouldn't give a goaltender 8.5 dollars, but that's me. The Rangers would jump at signing Shesterkin to 8.5. I'm worried about 11-12m.
Gonna be at least 10M to keep Igor I would assume.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
I was just making a joke but you are correct that the world economy started tanking in 08

Idk how they can call a hand pass when his hand never left his stick but what do I know?
I remember Ryan Callahan using a cross check motion to push a floating puck into the net. It was waved off because the puck was not hit with the stick but with the hand while holding the stick.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
And this season he's trending downwards. He hasn't looked like his Vezina self, and you can tell by his own body language and what he did after last nights game. Whether it's mental, physical (Something still nagging him), or both.

First, let's see how much he wants and see if it's better to trade him while his value is sky high.

If he gets paid, my worry would practically come to fruition: we'll end up with Lundqvist 2.0

This one will not make you happy, but he will remain a Ranger at whatever the current market of goaltenders is at that time.

No way he gets traded.

I have zero fears about his abilities going forward, but salary will no doubt be painful.

Blame Allaire for turning all of them into better goaltenders.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Why both of them?

Mackey was the 7th spare D. He going back to Hartford I think means Fox is ready. Jones goes to being the 7th spare again. Brodz replaces Kakko. Edstrom is the 13th spare forward. Means Chytil is not quite ready also.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Mackey was the 7th spare D. He going back to Hartford I think means Fox is ready. Jones goes to being the 7th spare again. Brodz replaces Kakko. Edstrom is the 13th spare forward. Means Chytil is not quite ready also.

All of this is correct.

But they weren't practicing with an extra forward to begin with sans Chytil. I agree with MH that calling up both of them is odd unless there is someone else who is questionable for tomorrow.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I would leave Brodzinski alone.

We talk about Hartford being a healthy place to be. He's their captain and the AHL's best player. I think he adds more value there than he would taking a shift in the NHL. And I like Brodzinski in the NHL.

Just go with Edstrom.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
I would leave Brodzinski alone.

We talk about Hartford being a healthy place to be. He's their captain and the AHL's best player. I think he adds more value there than he would taking a shift in the NHL. And I like Brodzinski in the NHL.

Just go with Edstrom.
But there's something to be said about showing those guys down there that if you are playing the best, you will be the 1st call up. JB is leading the league in points. So makes sense he gets the call.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Bonino and Goodrow are like Rooney and Reaves.

Rooney was solid his first year here and I didn't even entirely mind Reaves. When they were together, it was like pouring napalm on a fire.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Damn, Vince reporting Fil to LTIR. Couple that with him not being at practice and it sounds like a concussion that is lingering. Heard he was skating on his own previously. Hope he's still doing that and hasn't been shut down completely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad