Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Paiging Max Comtois.

Come in Mr. Comtois.

A timely reminder for Treliving how light our LW depth is, and how exposed it was in the playoffs last year even though we had All World talent Ferfloof taking regular high effort low result shifts.

:)

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Everyone knows Keefe's favorite jack-of-all-lines Jarnkrok will get first dibs on the top line if needed.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Paiging Max Comtois.

Come in Mr. Comtois.

A timely reminder for Treliving how light our LW depth is, and how exposed it was in the playoffs last year even though we had All World talent Ferfloof taking regular high effort low result shifts.

You are better of signing Phil Kessel than Camtois.

He doesn't bring anything to the leafs. He's not a very good depth guy and not a very good top 6

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Paiging Max Comtois.

Come in Mr. Comtois.

What a gamble that would be. If it paid off, great, but I've got serious concerns about his effort / compete level. I loved the guy a couple years ago and actually was hoping Toronto would trade for him at one point. But man did he fall from grace in a hurry.

Another idea along the same lines would be to bring Bellows up and give him an extended look.

Reactions: LeafSteel

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
I guess we use this discussion, for what IF we lose Knows for a period of time, rather than assuming we will.

I like the idea keeping Bertuzzi/Tavares/Nylander together. That line is clicking and if we break it up to address the Matthews line need we run the risk of two top lines that don't click.

I think we have three options here.

Domi. He can play LW and has experience with Marner in the past. He is tenacious and a distributor and he might flourish with the increased opportunity. He is weak defensively but playing with our two best defensive forwards should provide some shield for that. It leaves a hole on our third line, but this might be where we plug Holmberg in.

Robertson. This guy's future is a top six forward. Let's see what he has. If he fills the role well then we know what we have. It could also increase his trade value if we go that route. We have to think that AM and MM can carry anyone. They better be able to, so the risk is not THAT great here.

McMann. He might be a good fit and easiest because it doesn't have any of the issues of the other two. His style might be most similar to Knies of these options and this might make it the most seamless option.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Everyone knows Keefe's favorite jack-of-all-lines Jarnkrok will get first dibs on the top line if needed.
And I totally get it because Jarnkrok can fit anywhere in your top 9, especially for a shorter period of time, but a top 6 injury would be such a great chance to get a good look at a guy like Holmberg, McMann or Bellows, without screwing up the chemistry that's building between Domi and Jarnkrok.

With the Leafs cap situation heading into next year, I really want to see if there is a future top 6 forward in the making on the roster / with the Marlies. We know what Jarnkrok is, this would be a great chance to see what we have with some lesser known guys.

Reactions: TakeTheBody

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
I’d give Robbie a shot at the top line for a couple if he’s out.

Robertson - Matthews - Marner
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Nylander
Holmberg - Domi - Jarnkrok
Gregor/Steeves - Kampf - McMann

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Paiging Max Comtois.

Come in Mr. Comtois.

If we are going to sign a mid season FA why not go for the one who is playing and showing something in our own system.
Bellows has lit up the AHL for the Marlies this season and will have to come off his PTO at some point. The maximum length for a PTO is 25 games and he is currently at 24. So they will either have to sign him to an NHL or AHL deal or let him go.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Saw the Injury tag for the thread and freaked out.

Knies has been absolutely fantastic the last few games. Sure he's been punking on the Sharks, but he's been getting better as the year goes on. Beast along the boards and takes the puck in straight lines through the neutral zone or to the danger areas in the O-zone. Smart, smart player and the skill is there on display every night. He's putting his game together day by day and this is exactly the time where we want him getting into a groove.

I've been saying to myself since he came up that he's the sort of power forward who really blossoms at age 24. He's still young, this will take a while. Well, with how he's looked the last month, I think he's going to be one of our best players a lot sooner than later.

Get at 'er, bud!

D00bis

Jan 15, 2019
Terrible news loves what Knies brings to the top line. Would like to see Robbie up on that line try and unlock his offensive potential and showcase him as a potential trade chip for d upgrade. I would touch the second line they are rolling

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
He's travelling with the team, all good.
Nothing to see, move along
There's a lot of things you can do to make you not be able to put weight on your leg that aren't serious injuries. Leafs nation always seems to assume the worst.

Reactions: Mr_Fun

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
maby just a cramp or charley horse or something? relieved it appears to not be serious

There's a lot of things you can do to make you not be able to put weight on your leg that aren't serious injuries. Leafs nation always seems to assume the worst.
given our history, how can we not assume the worst?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
If Knies is out you kind of have to screw with the top 2 lines because he's on the top 2 lines
Lets keep this simple.
You use Jarncrock and you have only one affected line in the top 2.

Would you slide Holmberg in with Matthews and Marner, or go with an even softer option like Robertson? I don't really want to move Domi or Jarnkrok up because I like them as third line foundational pieces and that line needs to keep producing... With Mitch playing such a soft game though, I think you need somebody to help Matthews retrieve pucks in the offensive end.
Soft game? You only watching highlights or something? He is constantly retrieving pucks behind the other team's goalie.
Don't know WTF you are watching

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Lets keep this simple.
You use Jarncrock and you have only one affected line in the top 2.

Soft game? You only watching highlights or something? He is constantly retrieving pucks behind the other team's goalie.
Don't know WTF you are watching
Robertson spends more time knocked down on the ice along the boards than any Leaf I can recall other than Justin Holl. Robertson is the last guy I would want in the corner or along the sidewall in a playoff series against the Panthers or Bruins. He does lots of other things well, but his board play (especially in terms of strength) has a LONG way to go IMO.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I remember Phaneuf constantly taking his own guys out with friendly fire slappers.
Phaneuf was tramatizing. I think he needed glasses but that wasn't the end of his problems. Add terrible judgement on the pinch and the fact that he couldn't skate backwards, it was holy hell to call him a #1 and the captain to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg