Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Typical Hunter hockey. Dale has trouble getting his halo through the dressing room door. :)Look at the suspensions this year. Knights are leading the way and suspensions are for illegal dirty play. The Knights actually did the Rangers a favour by finally bringing the grit out of this team. It's about time they started to stick up for each other and not be shoved around. Rangers have some big players that have been playing far too soft. When the Rangers played Sudbury the Wolves they got bumped around after whistles on line changes and never responded. This is why they don't have a captain. I haven't seen one yet. Maybe the next time these teams meet the Rangers will play with some grit from the opening whistle.

dino200022

Ouch! How many players will the Rangers be able to dress for the northern trip with suspensions and injuries?

A game like this is where it would have been nice to have someone like Schmidt in the line-up. No one in our line-up will intimidate the opponents.

Sim is such a d-bag. I couldn't stand him last year either. Somebody needs to tune him up next game. Can't let him take liberties with your top player.
Your top player started the fight, not to mentioned he highsticked Sim. Not too sure how that is taking liberties?? ...haha he could not handle being shutdown plain and simple. Does not bode well when the going gets tough..

Last edited:
Reactions: LondonLocal

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Knights have 118 more penalty minutes than the Ranger plus the most suspensions with more coming. This shows who controls their team or influences the way they play. In saying this the Rangers were really not in this one from the get go and yesterday the goalie kept the game close. Over all the Knights play a more structure system and defend the blue line exceptionally well. Today the Rangers injected the missing grit into the line up.

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
Knights have 118 more penalty minutes than the Ranger plus the most suspensions with more coming. This shows who controls their team or influences the way they play. In saying this the Rangers were really not in this one from the get go and yesterday the goalie kept the game close. Over all the Knights play a more structure system and defend the blue line exceptionally well. Today the Rangers injected the missing grit into the line up.
Eat you heart out bobber....you know you love Dale!

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
You know, the Rangers are a formidible team. But they ran up against a buzz saw these last two games. I fully expect them to regroup and your coaching staff to find solutions to what they saw against the Knights. It only makes for some great hockey to come.
Agreed. Jussi is a smart coach and will make adjustments. Its best to have this happen now for you vs in the playoffs.

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
I think Dale should be hung at the Aud in effigy. I mean not the real Dale. The scare crow Dale.
Hate to sound like Don Cherry but think Jussi was baffled by a team playing "Canadian" hockey. As you ( or someone ) said, team takes on personality of the coach. Does Finland even allow hitting? 🤔
I'm sure the Rangers will adjust, but I still think a 2nd round exit is likely scenario.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Hate to sound like Don Cherry but think Jussi was baffled by a team playing "Canadian" hockey. As you ( or someone ) said, team takes on personality of the coach. Does Finland even allow hitting? 🤔
I'm sure the Rangers will adjust, but I still think a 2nd round exit is likely scenario.
I agree with the second round exit. And that you sound like Don Cherry. That's not meant as a compliment.

You're dead wrong about Jussi - and Finnish hockey.

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
I agree with the second round exit. And that you sound like Don Cherry. That's not meant as a compliment.

You're dead wrong about Jussi - and Finnish hockey.
Fair enough....just an outsider's observation. From watching these 2 games, the Rangers remind me of the Leafs....good regular season, but not built for the playoffs. Not enough D depth and grit. That's based solely on these 2 games. I think the tougher schedule in the 2nd half will rebalance the standings.

Reactions: GeoBlue

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Fair enough....just an outsider's observation. From watching these 2 games, the Rangers remind me of the Leafs....good regular season, but not built for the playoffs. Not enough D depth and grit. That's based solely on these 2 games. I think the tougher schedule in the 2nd half will rebalance the standings.
I and a lot of others realize that we likely don't have the blue line depth to make a deep run in the playoffs, although I suppose stranger things have happened. London exposed it this weekend.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Now that the wild night with 170 Pims and 14 majors is behind them, Friday in the soo feels like a must win game. With Macniel likely making his return do they also bring back Arquette as an extra body for the trip?

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Slowpace I was just joshing about Dale. He played for the Rangers and has the blue blood flowing through his veins. Probably makes him itchy. No need to go Don Cherry on Jussi. Reading some of the comments on the Knights board I think it's more than the players that take on a personality. The Spits counted their chickens last season before they hatched. Just saying.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
No I would be calling my players idiots like I have hundreds of times before....To try and "revenge" a non call when FIRST place is on the line is just stupid. Either the Coach can't control his players, or the coach is telling them winning does not matter today I would rather get embarrassed but make sure you get McCue. That is some great ideology right there haha...feel free to have them play like that in the playoffs too they will go real far!
Time to go back from whatever rock you crawled out from...

I guess reading is not your forte. No where did I say what you would do. Read it again slowly. Have a nice evening.
Or have someone who can read....read it to you....very slowly.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Well said Bobber! The Rangers DID NOT PLAY. We only saw glimpses of it towards the end of the 2nd and then the 3rd before everything blew up. Jussi could barely talk for a very brief interview after the game. He said the same. He also said "They're trying to hurt our players." He was astounded and NO this isn't Canadian hockey. That's BS.

It started with Mesar and continued into the 2nd game. Yes, Ando blew a gasket.....absolutely. He should have left it at the hard check but he lost it. But that check to the head on Romano was all about hurting and not about playing hard checking hockey. The OHL story on its site makes it all seem like a wonderful night of sportsmanship and skill instead of the bashing and brawling (both sides) that the 3rd period showcased. A game that was out of control.

Note that the Hunters did basically nothing at the trade deadline because they had already assembled a team that bashes, bangs, and bullies its way every chance it gets. Their PP is number one for a reason. The last time we saw this, the London Dive Team was in full force. When well executed, dives aren't called and penalties provide great opportunities for goals.

There is much to be learned from this fiasco. It IS only two games BUT Rangers play has been notably lazy and lacking energy prior to this. Somehow they managed but this time, they paid the price. Hopefully not to the loss of more players. Time to regroup and get back to what has made this rebuilding team one to be reckoned with.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Going back to the Sudbury game. Rangers blew a nice lead and sat on their haunches. Sudbury played a chippy style of game not unlike the Knights. Right off the hop the Wolves players would bump into Ranger players going to and from the bench on purpose to let them know how the game is going to go. This gets under the skin of the opposition and throws them off their system. Refs ignore it anyway. Personally I'd like to see more of this style of play in the Rangers in the second half. Maybe these last two games brings some of this out of this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad