Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
I think he would, risk hasn’t stopped him before and he will be likely moving on after next year anyways. Why not risk it if the hype is real.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I think he would, risk hasn’t stopped him before and he will be likely moving on after next year anyways. Why not risk it if the hype is real.
Where is he going after next year? Not going to see his “hosting in 2027” thing through?

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Where is he going after next year? Not going to see his “hosting in 2027” thing through?
MM hasn't really established a record in the OHL that would attract a lot of pro attention IMO. Usually you would have to have some sort of established winning record over a few seasons to be worthy of pro type contracts. We have seen a lot of mediocre hockey the last few years up until this season. Rangers have been a merry go round of coaches including the Dennis hiring. Hage not reporting worked out in the end. I think MM did a great job handling the last draft which put a feather in his cap. If MM was to move on more power to him.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Just a point on Rehkopf at the WJC. Razor never got a ton of ice but I thought he looked great with the minutes he was given. Think he should have been used more than the time he was allotted. Canada needed something to get them going in the first two periods where the US carried the play. The Americans were picking off passes and winning puck battles through two periods.. Tons of talent on that squad but Canada showed they can compete and out hustled the Americans in the third. Beck got picked off in OT and it was over quick. Just my point of view but what the hell do I know.

East Avenue Bully

Jan 9, 2020
Just a point on Rehkopf at the WJC. Razor never got a ton of ice but I thought he looked great with the minutes he was given. Think he should have been used more than the time he was allotted.
Just my point of view but what the hell do I know.
At least one columnist agrees with you:

For the 13th forward, Rehkopf didn’t waste any opportunity today. He made some great passes, brought the work ethic and nearly scored at one point. It’s often that the 13th guy ends up playing a big role at a tournament like this as lines get shuffled and injuries arise, but Rehkopf played his best game I’ve seen from him in a Canadian uniform to date this year.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Imports rules. Can you sign a free agent import half way through the season that hasn’t been in the CHL import draft? Artyom Duda really messed up his year with waiting to join NCAA but ruling is he is not able to play because he played in KHL. What a gift he would be. Can this player pick anywhere in the CHL if he figures that is his best option this year? Let’s say that Jussi had a player in Finland that was never drafted and now would like to come over. I’m guessing the answer is no but curious with our import spot still open. Is Pozebal the only “free” import we can get.

Reactions: OnlyUpFromHere49

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Just a point on Rehkopf at the WJC. Razor never got a ton of ice but I thought he looked great with the minutes he was given. Think he should have been used more than the time he was allotted. Canada needed something to get them going in the first two periods where the US carried the play. The Americans were picking off passes and winning puck battles through two periods.. Tons of talent on that squad but Canada showed they can compete and out hustled the Americans in the third. Beck got picked off in OT and it was over quick. Just my point of view but what the hell do I know.
He should have gotten an assist on that goal Celebrini got that was called back. I didn't feel the stick was above the crossbar but it being an exhibition game, they didn't bother arguing it.

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
Imports rules. Can you sign a free agent import half way through the season that hasn’t been in the CHL import draft? Artyom Duda really messed up his year with waiting to join NCAA but ruling is he is not able to play because he played in KHL. What a gift he would be. Can this player pick anywhere in the CHL if he figures that is his best option this year? Let’s say that Jussi had a player in Finland that was never drafted and now would like to come over. I’m guessing the answer is no but curious with our import spot still open. Is Pozebal the only “free” import we can get.
Nope you cannot sign a “Free Agent” import unfortunately.

The only available imports for the Rangers to sign are ones they currently have on their protected list, so in this case it would only be Tomas Pobezal or one that they acquire.

Reactions: bobber

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
He can’t be selected in the import draft

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
He should have gotten an assist on that goal Celebrini got that was called back. I didn't feel the stick was above the crossbar but it being an exhibition game, they didn't bother arguing it.
I don't think they had video reviews for the exhibition games. Only for the tournament.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Rehkopf has earned his way into the lines. Created chances on all but one shift. He settled nicely into the Celebrini line by mid game.

Big showing from Mesar today too, setting up some nice goals. Sure am happy to have Rehkopf and Mesar together. What a treat it has been to watch them play together this year.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
As much as I’d love Petovsky in a Ranger jersey Owen Sound is playing much better then the beginning of the season and without their best player Barlow. Can’t see them selling.

Surprised MM didn’t make a trade for an import before we lost Mesar and Razor to Juniors. Has to be a decent chance Pozebal might come. But…if injured and his plan is OHL why not just announce it and come to Kitchener. Get used to teammates, city, etc while getting healthy.

Vilmanis has to be the 2nd option for import spot.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Watched the first two periods of the game this morning before I had to get ready for work.
Didn't notice Mesar all that much but seemed like Petrovsky was all over the place.
That could have had something to do with the amount of time killing penalties though so Mesar legit wasn't on the ice...

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Watched the first two periods of the game this morning before I had to get ready for work.
Didn't notice Mesar all that much but seemed like Petrovsky was all over the place.
That could have had something to do with the amount of time killing penalties though so Mesar legit wasn't on the ice...
Petrovsky was the points leader in the tourney. Mesar made a wicket move to set up a nice goal. Kid has lived up to his billing since coming to Kitchener for sure.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Christmas has come and gone....always seems so quick! I would imagine the boys are returning to the rink to prep for their game this Friday. We should be hearing about trades etc soon and might just see what MM has up his sleeve. (A Christmas wish.....) :xcheers:

Anyone care if Rangers never have a Captain? Working pretty well without one.

Has Santa convinced Pobezal to join the team?

Will 6' 4" Mad Max Dirracolo use his 216 lbs to put coal in the opposition's stockings?

Will Pug be back in action this Friday because we sure did miss him! Would be nice to see Stark back as well.

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!!

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
I kinda miss Zidlicky on this team, enjoyed his game.
Although he asked out and it brought us Macniel

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
I am a bit curious but why is Rake wearing #20? #16 seems to be available on Team Canada? And if #20 is a number he wore in the past, why does he not wear it in Kitchener, as it is available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad