Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Yep I agree. But I never said anything about those players, you quoted my post about Niagara players.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
You say, "Remember many of those players went to the 7th game in the league final against Hamilton." I say, "I remember the above 4 coughing up a huge hairball on a stacked Spitfire team last year".
That's because you were golfing when the Spits played against Hamilton. Lol. YA definitely not a good look but they have 5 rounds of playoff experience and the last round sucked. Still they have a record that nobody else can break and really who'd want to? ;):rolleyes:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
That's because you were golfing when the Spits played against Hamilton. Lol. YA definitely not a good look but they have 5 rounds of playoff experience and the last round sucked. Still they have a record that nobody else can break and really who'd want to? ;):rolleyes:
That's was also the most absurdly stacked 8 seed you will ever see in your life. Just not a team you see in that spot ever.

Reactions: rangersblues

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Actually, we couldn't book the greens. We took too long upsetting the Knights that year.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Actually, we couldn't book the greens. We took too long upsetting the Knights that year.
And I cheered through every game! Be fun to watch them do it again this year. Don't think you will see the Spits this year though. Although a 1-8 match up might be interesting. I still want the lottery pick but kids never tank so you never know.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Hey look!......Razor has his own line today in Team Canada's exhibition game against Switzerland.
Likely just resting up the OHL's leading scorer for the big games....
1703251998995.png

Reactions: dirty12

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Hey look!......Razor has his own line today in Team Canada's exhibition game against Switzerland.
year old in a View attachment 788584
Rehkopf will do just fine. He is an 18 year old in a 19 year old tourney. Yesterday I saw lineup with him on the 3rd line. If Canada starts to falter lines will change in a hurry. Some expected him to be the 13 forward.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Rehkopf will do just fine. He is an 18 year old in a 19 year old tourney. Yesterday I saw lineup with him on the 3rd line. If Canada starts to falter lines will change in a hurry. Some expected him to be the 13 forward.
He was on the third line until Poitras was inserted yesterday. Cowan was bumped down to the third line and Rehkopf was bumped to 13th forward.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Rehkopf will get his opportunities. Leading the OHL in scoring at 18 is no small feat. Hypothetically if Rehkopf was 19 and the Rangers were going to sell he would absolutely be the player every contender would fight over this season.
And if and when we sell next year, he’ll likely be the number one target.

Which makes going all in this year, maybe even moving a Romano, that much easier to stomach.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
View attachment 788584
I kind of thought him or Allard would end up as the extra forward from day one. But when you see Beck on the 4th line, it goes to show you how balanced the team is. Rake will be fine and will have his part to do. In fact, I am sure that Celebrini is going to miss a game or 2 due to that hit today which already moves Rake up into a regular rotation.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Random thought, I was looking at the schedule and realized we have a home game on Jan 4th, a Thursday??

I cannot remember the last home Thursday game... Am i missing something here? Is there a reason for this?

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
Random thought, I was looking at the schedule and realized we have a home game on Jan 4th, a Thursday??

I cannot remember the last home Thursday game... Am i missing something here? Is there a reason for this?
I'll take it if it means no 3 in 3, with them playing in Sudbury on Saturday and North Bay on Sunday.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
With Beckham Edwards signing a tender today ( projected 1st round OHL pick), I might have to put some money on MM drafting him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad