Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Pinelli healthy scratch last game in AHL I think. Just saying……

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
True, but in order to have similar success, sooner or later MM needs to plug in all those missing draft picks that vanished last year. In a given year(s), if your top 3 picks are a 1st, 4th and 6th (just as an example), your going to have to see even greater miracles happen on the ice than what we're seeing in the standings this year IMO.
Just having all your picks in any draft is extremely important. Especially in those first three rounds. The miracle was what MM pulled off what he accomplished in the last draft.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Call me crazy but I would ship him immediately if he came back. Pinelli brothers in Ottawa?
I’ll call you crazy then…crazy. Martin and Motew or Schmidt becomes the trade away OAs. What you get from both of those players you flip to get a 18 or 19 year old dman to fill the top 4D gap with Schimdt or Motew leaving.

Dream line up

Swick - Carson - Mesar
Ellinas - Pinelli - Misa
Pobezal/import - Sop - Lam
Stark - Romano - Pugliese
Extra/trade bait - Mercer, Morey, Bottineau,

Bruz - Ando
Motew/Schimdt - trade
Reid - Campbell
Ex Scott

Parsons
Malbouef

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Just having all your picks in any draft is extremely important. Especially in those first three rounds. The miracle was what MM pulled off what he accomplished in the last draft.
But, having an extra couple picks in the 1st three rounds allows you the head start to be that much further ahead of the competition.

Minimum four picks in the first three rounds but five picks in the first three rounds is what I’d try to make a priority every year.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Wherever we can get the highest returns in the East or few select teams in the West.
I would think trading Pinelli and another OA would probably sufficiently replenish our cupboard, while allowing us to go for it this year? Maybe throw in one creative trade maybe involving the 2-parter mentioned earlier?

Reactions: Ward Cornell

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
What are the parameters regarding OAs being sent back. Presently Rangers have four on the roster. Do the Rangers still hold Pinelli's rights and if so can he be sent back under the present league stipulations?

Reactions: Ward Cornell

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I would think trading Pinelli and another OA would probably sufficiently replenish our cupboard, while allowing us to go for it this year? Maybe throw in one creative trade maybe involving the 2-parter mentioned earlier?
Good grief....wouldn't that be beyond perfect! All these free assets to trade for picks without affecting this team's core.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
What are the parameters regarding OAs being sent back. Presently Rangers have four on the roster. Do the Rangers still hold Pinelli's rights and if so can he be sent back under the present league stipulations?
they would have to be down to 4 by end of day today. so one would need to be on waivers probably yesterday.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I think young Pinelli like a lot of other graduating CHL players is in the process of finding out how difficult it is to play pro hockey. I think he has an edge to his game. Still you have to produce in the stats column to be considered.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
they would have to be down to 4 by end of day today. so one would need to be on waivers probably yesterday.
Safe to say we know who our four is. Anyone else sent back now would go through waivers.

A GM covering all bases would have had an idea who may be possibly returned by the end of October.

Reactions: Rangers2022

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Unfortunately a lot of times salary cap restraints are the reason young players are kept on the roster instead of vets. Pretty sure that's the case with Poitras. I'm unsure of Seattle's cap situation for next season.
Seattle have some pretty serious junior or "junior-ish" assets......not only Rehkoph but Fircus out west, and they also have recent callups Shane Wright and Ryan Winterton. No shortage of young talent on that team.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Seattle have some pretty serious junior or "junior-ish" assets......not only Rehkoph but Fircus out west, and they also have recent callups Shane Wright and Ryan Winterton. No shortage of young talent on that team.
Wright was sent down to the Seattle farm team yesterday I believe.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
For me I just hope that the Rangers are soft buyers. All that I want them to do is to fill the empty OA spot with a forward and call it a day for the playoffs.

Just try to find a 19 year old forward. They will be in their last season and from a bottom team they probably wouldn’t have too much trade value. Insert them into the third line and call it a day.

Billyjack

Aug 25, 2018
Kitchener -Waterloo
For me I just hope that the Rangers are soft buyers. All that I want them to do is to fill the empty OA spot with a forward and call it a day for the playoffs.

Just try to find a 19 year old forward. They will be in their last season and from a bottom team they probably wouldn’t have too much trade value. Insert them into the third line and call it a day.
what open O/A spot.? Isn't there one too many now

Reactions: rangersblues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad