Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
Geo - You are correct. The 3rd OS goal counted after the review, making it 7-3. But just before the Rangers scored their 8th goal - I believe it was actually just moments before - OS rang another one off the iron. No goal light went on, the Rangers score #8 very soon after. They go to center ice. The OS goal is reviewed and declared no goal, so the Ranger goal stands.

The Rogers crew later show an overhead of the that OS goal that didn't get counted, but it looked identical to the Attack's 3rd goal - which was clearly in. So I was thinking they got mixed up and showed the 3rd goal on the replay - not the (apparently) phantom 4th goal.

I could just simply be in LA LA Land, in which case you can just ignore my post - LOL.
I know what you're waking about. I'm pretty sure the Attack rang it off the crossbar and then the Rangers went the other way and scored. I was mentioning to my friend beside me that I though the Attacks shot may have gone in, but I guess it didn't.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Geo - You are correct. The 3rd OS goal counted after the review, making it 7-3. But just before the Rangers scored their 8th goal - I believe it was actually just moments before - OS rang another one off the iron. No goal light went on, the Rangers score #8 very soon after. They go to center ice. The OS goal is reviewed and declared no goal, so the Ranger goal stands.

The Rogers crew later show an overhead of the that OS goal that didn't get counted, but it looked identical to the Attack's 3rd goal - which was clearly in. So I was thinking they got mixed up and showed the 3rd goal on the replay - not the (apparently) phantom 4th goal.

I could just simply be in LA LA Land, in which case you can just ignore my post - LOL.
They definitely showed the wrong clip in the broadcast. They showed the Sedley goal instead of the Goure shot that hit iron. The tell was the goalie was moving in the wrong direction from where the Goure shot came from in the clip.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
They definitely showed the wrong clip in the broadcast. They showed the Sedley goal instead of the Goure shot that hit iron. The tell was the goalie was moving in the wrong direction from where the Goure shot came from in the clip.
Those two Rogers guys were calling penalties on Rangers that never appeared. They got the wrong clip of the second phantom goal and showed it again saying the Rangers got away with one. They should let them have a look at the famous John Kennedy assassination Zapruder Film and see what the come up with. Someone once told me Dale Hunter was seen on the Grassy Knoll. I think he worked for Rogers also. ;)

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Overall it sucks to lose last night but I thought they played solid. Without Valade and Zhilkin too so 2/3 of your 2nd line was out. Game could have easily gone either way.

Flint, Saginaw and Owen Sound all win last night. Not good for the push to get to 5th place and avoid Sarnia, London and Windsor

Last edited:
Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
When is a slew foot not a slew foot?...

I'd like to see the video replay on that one. Did the Rangers send in a clip to argue against it?

SO does Valade get to play until the OHL makes it official?

Would Costantini made a difference instead of Vandenburg?

Rangers play Windsor without Valade and Zhilkin on the 2nd line (so basically, no 2nd line), come from behind at 2-0 deficit and go ahead 3-2, and can't hold on for the win. No points for a great effort. And no rest for a 2pm in Sarnia who played in the Soo on Friday and didn't play last night.

The boys are going to have to pull out all the stops if they even hope to keep this Saturday matinee a close one.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

I'd like to see the video replay on that one. Did the Rangers send in a clip to argue against it?

Rangers play Windsor without Valade and Zhilkin on the 2nd line (so basically, no 2nd line), come from behind at 2-0 deficit and go ahead 3-2, and can't hold on for the win. No points for a great effort. And no rest for a 2pm in Sarnia who played in the Soo on Friday and didn't play last night.

The boys are going to have to pull out all the stops if they even hope to keep this Saturday matinee a close one.
Windsor missing Harrison and Abraham last night so basically no second line. I think the injury "factor " was a wash last night. Kitchener looked as good as I've seen them this year. They will be a tough opponent to draw in the playoffs.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

Valade will get two games automatically first and maybe more if they don't over turn this. The definition of a slew foot certainly has changed. They love calling these penalties now for some reason. They seem to get everything wrong anyway going by the number of reviews every game. Look at the delay after the shortie. Ridiculous and it allowed the Spits to rest their top line. I think Savard pulled a Kobayashi Maru mind trick on the refs. Rangers could have won this game. I think when it came down to the last five they seem to trying to at least push the game to OT. Windsor is not so great defensively but they do have a lot of weapons. Highest scoring team in the OHL and one of in the CHL. They could still languish in eighth and face the first place squad yet.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Windsor missing Harrison and Abraham last night so basically no second line. I think the injury "factor " was a wash last night. Kitchener looked as good as I've seen them this year. They will be a tough opponent to draw in the playoffs.
Perspective. Vandenberg is a 3rd string goalie. Rangers are in 8th place also. He played well against the Spits shooters. The Spits are a team to be reckoned with if the tighten up the D. London has the stingiest defense in the west and the most penalty minutes. They will be a hard team to beat IMO in a seven game series.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015

The Attack has had two 'slewfoots' overturned this season .
Unfortunately they lost a man for 5 min major and the game .

The approach of 'wanting to get it right' is ruining the spontaneity and flow and momentum of the game .

They've taken it too far.

I hope your guy is back next game playing .

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
Overall it sucks to lose last night but I thought they played solid. Without Valade and Zhilkin too so 2/3 of your 2nd line was out. Game could have easily gone either way.

Flint, Saginaw and Owen Sound all win last night. Not good for the push to get to 5th place and avoid Sarnia, London and Windsor
The only positive is that they still get to play Flint, Saginaw and Owen Sound, so hopefully these games can help move them up the shadings.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
The only positive is that they still get to play Flint, Saginaw and Owen Sound, so hopefully these games can help move them up the shadings.
I wouldn't count too many chickens before they hatch with this group. It's a strange year for the bottom teams. If the Ranger goalies stand on their heads they have a chance to win. Rangers will give up a lot of scoring chances in every game.

Reactions: All the Answers

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
There go our "games in hand". Seems we just cannot beat the upper crust teams. We will not have to hope for some luck plus beat the teams from 4th to 8th head to head in order to slip into 4th or 5th. Flint is not letting up. Last game of the year against London and I am not counting on that one unless they decide to rest some players.

• Haha
Reactions: Section 103

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Not sure what the record is for holding your breath but Ranger fans must have broken it by now. Gets a little tiring listening to the hockey analysis in road games saying the Rangers are loaded with talent and are about to explode up the standings. By the time they put this puzzle together the season will be over.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
The great thing about the playoffs is they're a whole new season. Things reset, anything can happen. While we can say we'd like to avoid certain teams in the playoffs, I'm sure there aren't many teams who would choose the play the Rangers in the first round.
True but I'll stick to what I've seen the entire season.

Reactions: EvenSteven

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
Valade will get two games automatically first and maybe more if they don't over turn this. The definition of a slew foot certainly has changed. They love calling these penalties now for some reason. They seem to get everything wrong anyway going by the number of reviews every game. Look at the delay after the shortie. Ridiculous and it allowed the Spits to rest their top line. I think Savard pulled a Kobayashi Maru mind trick on the refs. Rangers could have won this game. I think when it came down to the last five they seem to trying to at least push the game to OT. Windsor is not so great defensively but they do have a lot of weapons. Highest scoring team in the OHL and one of in the CHL. They could still languish in eighth and face the first place squad yet.
Valade gets 3 games. I’d have to see the replay, didn’t think deserving of 3.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
True but I'll stick to what I've seen the entire season.
I doubt there is a real fear by any of the top three teams of playing the Rangers in a seven game series. They haven't been consistent since the start of the season. For fans paying for tickets I hope they do well in the first round and play some exciting hockey. When we had season tickets most of the STH around us never bothered buying play off tickets if the team was mediocre.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
I doubt there is a real fear by any of the top three teams of playing the Rangers in a seven game series. They haven't been consistent since the start of the season. For fans paying for tickets I hope they do well in the first round and play some exciting hockey. When we had season tickets most of the STH around us never bothered buying play off tickets if the team was mediocre.
Not true fans I guess

• Haha
Reactions: All the Answers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad