Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
K2. Would be great if MM and the powers that be at the Aud would stay away from MM compatible guys and go outside the box. How about an uncomfortable guy. Someone that made the people running the ship think could replace them one day.
and "when and if" they do and have on ice success. The management needs to realize the new found success isn't because of them but of the HC and don't start to interfere.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
On my way to the last game in London the team bus was stopped outside Tom Hortons and players were going into there at 20 minutes to 5 with 7 pm start. There is no frigging way Hunter would have allowed that shit to happen. I was shocked and couldn’t believe it.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
On my way to the last game in London the team bus was stopped outside Tom Hortons and players were going into there at 20 minutes to 5 with 7 pm start. There is no frigging way Hunter would have allowed that shit to happen. I was shocked and couldn’t believe it.
Probably in Timmy's buying our goalies donut holes. As if they don't know what they look like!

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
What's wrong with a pre-game coffee?

Reactions: dirty12

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
A few years back, the local Tim Hortons franchises would come out with a special green & yellow "Knights" decorated donut, during the playoffs. One particular fan who was disenchanted with Nazem Kadri's play, brought a Timmies box that he'd changed the cover on. His version was the Kadri Turnover.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
It'll make you have to pee and dehydrate you when you're doing something that will make you sweat a lot, and in the playoffs, late in the 3rd or if it goes into OT, that's right around when the caffeine crash can affect a person.
The Rangers were pretty much checked out after the first period. After the Barkey goal the body language kinda said it all. If they had scored first, maybe a different result. Dont think the coffee made much difference.

Its too bad. I thought they were a better team than they showed in that series. Guess they spent it all on Windsor.

Reactions: dirty12

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
For me it was the timing. You end up getting to rink late and then it’s rushing around. 3-31/2 hours before puck drop. This was like 2 hours and they were not there yet.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I wish we could blame Timmie's for the Rangers failures but they really were an 8th seed in the end. Sure they had a few players up in the point column but the lack of leadership by vets other than Pinelli and the depth of the team were factors. In a hypothetical world the Rangers will be thought as a sighting of a UFO by the Spits. What the hell was that and where did it go? They did have one solid game against the Knights and their fans still can't believe that after the way they played in the last one.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
I wish we could blame Timmie's for the Rangers failures but they really were an 8th seed in the end. Sure they had a few players up in the point column but the lack of leadership by vets other than Pinelli and the depth of the team were factors. In a hypothetical world the Rangers will be thought as a sighting of a UFO by the Spits. What the hell was that and where did it go? They did have one solid game against the Knights and their fans still can't believe that after the way they played in the last one.

Yeah, the emotional roller coaster ride started at game 1 of the regular season and carried right through until the end of the playoffs. In my 50+ years of watching Ranger hockey I don't know if I can really pinpoint a more inconsistent team.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
For me it was the timing. You end up getting to rink late and then it’s rushing around. 3-31/2 hours before puck drop. This was like 2 hours and they were not there yet.
If you think teams get to the rink 3 to 3 1/2 hours before puck drop for road games, you be mistaking.

Reactions: bobber

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Poster on the Sting board mentioned the Under 18 draft goes today. Interesting to see what MM and staff have up their short sleeves. Frankie Pallazzese is the Sting goalie coach. Wondered where he went. :)

Reactions: rangersblues

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
U18 draft is a joke. Not worth paying attention to. Since it started in 2017 I can only recognize Dakota Betts as a player drafted by Kitchener.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
U18 draft is a joke. Not worth paying attention to. Since it started in 2017 I can only recognize Dakota Betts as a player drafted by KitKitchener
There's been a few but I think this draft could be a disservice to the players who wants to play in the O. Talented players should be able to pick and choose a team they could make. Usually those teams are in the lower ranked teams.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
There's been a few but I think this draft could be a disservice to the players who wants to play in the O. Talented players should be able to pick and choose a team they could make. Usually those teams are in the lower ranked teams.
Yantsis was suppose to go into this under 18 draft but the Rangers jumped in and signed him early. There was a challenge by other franchises about it but it was a legit signing. There is the odd kid that develops late. He was one.:)

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
My wish list for the Rangers' off-season:

1. Hire a coach externally based on an exhaustive search where all legitimate candidates are scrutinized. This is critical to showing the fan base and players you're serious about establishing the right culture and developing players.

2. A training camp where everyone has a chance and not just club insiders. Invite plenty of kids and let their play do the talking. Spots are wide open. In no way should spots be guaranteed to any depth players. Too often in the past, the team was set before camp and kids who were cut showed more than ones who were kept.

The country club has to go. You're competing with sharks.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
My wish list for the Rangers' off-season:

1. Hire a coach externally based on an exhaustive search where all legitimate candidates are scrutinized. This is critical to showing the fan base and players you're serious about establishing the right culture and developing players.

2. A training camp where everyone has a chance and not just club insiders. Invite plenty of kids and let their play do the talking. Spots are wide open. In no way should spots be guaranteed to any depth players. Too often in the past, the team was set before camp and kids who were cut showed more than ones who were kept.

The country club has to go. You're competing with sharks.
Rangers used to have a lot more players in camp back in the day. I believe the Knights still have quite a few more than Kitchener. What ever the game plan is here at the Aud it's not working. When you finish 7th and then 8th the year you are suppose to go for a run it's time to make changes behind the bench and some other areas. . Take down the #1 Fan banner. No wonder the fans are number one. They pay the bills and keep the building full. They know where their bread is buttered. I have no faith in the present group developing a team that could win a championship. This past year was a disaster for STHs.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
U18 draft is a joke. Not worth paying attention to. Since it started in 2017 I can only recognize Dakota Betts as a player drafted by Kitchener.

Sarnia got Anson Thornton out of the U18 draft and he's an NHL signed prospect now.

Nick Degrazia was a U18 pick. Had 20+ goals.

Few others as well. Mitchell Weeks whose played some AHL games.

It's not a draft in which you're likely to have success out of but you're reaching into a pile of hungry kids and some of them might just develop into everyday roster players.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Harsh, IMO. I’d love to see us take a (free) flyer on the next Gavin White any day. If ever there was any potential for a handful of OHL caliber guys to be hiding in the U18 that managed to go unscouted, unhyped, etc for a year or two, it’s probably now.
It would be great. But the peeps on these boards have questioned the scouting staffs ability to pick the right players in the regular draft so I am not so sure if we really have anyone that can find that "diamond in the rough". Doesn't hurt to try, I suppose.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Taken at #9 Brayden Besner. He's a 06...born in April. Seeing two different heights 5'10 to 6'. Weight 172 to 179

Quite a dramatic upswing in production in 2022-23. Worth a look at rookie camp. You never know...

1682596274241.png

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Crickets from the Rangers regarding a new coach. I'm sure the search is on and should have been on the day that CD was let go. You would think that they would want him in place before May rookie camp so he can be in on this new season from the start. But...(fill in the blanks).

• Haha

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Crickets from the Rangers regarding a new coach. I'm sure the search is on and should have been on the day that CD was let go. You would think that they would want him in place before May rookie camp so he can be in on this new season from the start. But...(fill in the blanks).
When the Rangers record is as bad as it has been the last two years someone in the "upper echelons" should be considering not renewing contracts of those people running the bench. Also in the scouting department. There is a huge staff down at the Aud running the show. Fans paying the bills are constantly paying for contracts of former coaches here in KTown. Forget the number? 10 in 10 years? To cover the last one maybe cut out some excess gravy. Who the hell runs a company where your continually paying out contracts you have to honour of employees you fired or as they say mutually parted ways with. If and when they do find a "real coach" it won't come cheap. The 7000 cash cows in the stands will have to get the wallets out again.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017

Yeah, I'm anxious for Josh Brown to put this question to MM. Pretty much the only way the public is going to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00