Kitchener Rangers 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
Wow.
We sure we shouldn't be in on DiPietro?
DiPietro and Luchuk sure would be good pick ups.
In reference to Bobber's analogy of the dike with multiple leaks, MM could certainly empty one of his cupboards for DiPietro. But I think we need to ask ourselves (sorry for once again sounding like a broken record)....would that be enough to get past round 2 ?

Last edited:
Reactions: rangersblues

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
In reference to Bobber's analogy of the dike with multiple leaks, MM could certainly empty one of his cupboards for DiPietro. But I think we need to ask ourselves (sorry for once again sounding like a broken record)....would that be enough to get past round 2 ?

Very good analogy. This team's ability to challenge will have nothing to do with the original talent that was on this team. Where would we be without Stanley and Sherwood? I still think the OHL is relatively weak compared to past seasons, although Soo is beginning to look very strong. Rumour has it Mete is returning to London soon too. Not sure where that leaves us.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
The Rangers can't win now with Mascherin, Sherwood, Bunnaman, Hall, Stanley etc. Forget trades. The biggest issues are on the bench not the ice. These guys should be able to score goals and they look totally frustrated. Can you imagine next season when these guys have all moved on and the Rangers have nothing to show for it? If you can't beat the bottom teams anymore something has to give. Forwards can't score. The defense is porous. The goalies are holy. Even Einstein wouldn't have an answer for this shemozzle.:confused: Looking at stats in our division. There now is a six point separation between the Rangers at the top and the fourth place squad London. These teams are winning games at the moment and if McKee can't right the ship the Rangers will be looking up at the teams bellow them at the moment in a hurry.

Last edited:

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
As a Saginaw fan I was feeling the same about two weeks ago. I would have loved to see a Mereiles in our lineup, in fact, still would.

I don't expect your coach to be around too much longer.

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
I've seen this lots of times watching JR. Hockey, a team finally cracks the top 10 nationally and then lays an egg this weekend. Totally different team than was televised last weekend against Barrie.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I've seen this lots of times watching JR. Hockey, a team finally cracks the top 10 nationally and then lays an egg this weekend. Totally different team than was televised last weekend against Barrie.

Barrie hasn't exactly been lights out recently.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Yesterday's game versus Sudbury is the exact kind of game I was talking about in my post Saturday. Despite a lack of systems and preparedness, some goaltending in this close game and the Rangers come home with 2 points.

Reactions: robertmac43

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Yesterday's game versus Sudbury is the exact kind of game I was talking about in my post Saturday. Despite a lack of systems and preparedness, some goaltending in this close game and the Rangers come home with 2 points.
Wait are you talking about the Attack? Lol sounds like the same song over on our forum and it seems to be on repeat

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
At least you guys in Owen Sound are in the market for a goaltender. Here in Kitchener our coach stated during a radio interview three or four games ago that goaltending was our strong point. He said we have three goaltenders who are capable. "It's a good problem to have" he said.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
At least you guys in Owen Sound are in the market for a goaltender. Here in Kitchener our coach stated during a radio interview three or four games ago that goaltending was our strong point. He said we have three goaltenders who are capable. "It's a good problem to have" he said.

I have seen no evidence DeGray is in the market for a veteran, top rated goalie.
Our coach has begun finger pointing in public.

This should prove an interesting week for both clubs, who are floundering, and meet each other twice.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
May the highest scoring team win!

Give me an S
Give me an E
Give me X
whats that stand for?? SCORE SCORE SCORE!

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

That was a pretty unlucky loss for the rangers yesterday.
Two PK break away goals (2nd give Pilon all the credit) and a one-timer set up by a turn over behind rangers net and a goal scored in to an empty net from the wolves zone. Rangers G did not make the game saving stop; but, I didn’t see a weak goal.
Aside from that, the rangers did not give up any good scoring chances 5 on 5; and, dominated SOG at least. Anything that can go wrong seems to on losing streaks. Your team is not the only one reeling right now.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I have seen no evidence DeGray is in the market for a veteran, top rated goalie.
Our coach has begun finger pointing in public.

This should prove an interesting week for both clubs, who are floundering, and meet each other twice.
Whatever the case our GM pulled a rabbit out of his hat by getting Culina on waivers. Yes he's an overage but I believe if another team wanted him the Wolves made the right move in putting in the waiver claim first(think waiver claims are based on standings bottom to top.) to see what he has. It cost us nothing in terms of picks or players and if he plays the next 4-5 weeks as he did vs Kitchener he may be a piece a team like Owen Sound can deal for to fill the overage spot and goaltending woes. Time will tell but for the first time in a long time I liked how our GM made things interesting especially since the team already is carrying 3 proven OA's in Rhodes, Blaisdell and Lagunesse.

WJ

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Kitchener is a very strong club with a lot of weapons. Maybe one of the first times they had a rough Northern road swing. I can't recall the last time the Wolves actually beat them. They won't be in a slump long with all that talent. Watching them play though it does appear they do need to add one more piece on the backend. After Stanley and Hill I felt their was a bit of a drop off. Maybe not having Peterson in the line up may of been a difference but i do think they need another guy back there. I do have a question? Does Garaffa always play in the defensive position 5 on 5 late in the games when down by a goal. Cause the Pezzetta goal maybe wouldn't have happened if another natural defender was on the ice. Turnover happened and I believe Pezzetta had room to fire the puck as Garaffa was moving up ice already.

WJ

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
It's very telling when the Pilon twins win a game against the Rangers:baghead:. Are we in an old episode of the Twilight Zone? It's the first time in the history of hockey where the 'pilons" went round the players! All we can do now is keep paying for our tickets and laugh. Even noofgoof who doesn't know how to spell "score' thinks he is a comedian now.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It's very telling when the Pilon twins win a game against the Rangers:baghead:. Are we in an old episode of the Twilight Zone? It's the first time in the history of hockey where the 'pilons" went round the players! All we can do now is keep paying for our tickets and laugh. Even noofgoof who doesn't know how to spell "score' thinks he is a comedian now.

Everyone should be so lucky to see the Pilon(s) play 34 games (minus injury/suspension) :)

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Well I mean I didnt ask what it spelt.. I believe I asked what it stood for.. its actually a chant I've heard done at many AHL games a few years back it was quite commical they also did some others such as... they would spell Orgy ask what it stood for and then yell teamwork x3. they would also spell Condom ask what it stood for and you might of guessed Defence Defence Defence

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
We've got a lot of growing to do," said Rangers coach Jay McKee, whose club is now 15-9-2-0 on the season. "We're nowhere near where some of our players thought we were a week ago."

Makes one wonder where Jay thought they were?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad