Player Discussion Kirill Kaprizov (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Might as well be from a Russian perspective. I mean Kaprizov just said his favorite place in America is Las Vegas.

Just being honest. Seriously, unless its a major area like Florida, NY, LA, DAL, MTL, TOR, or a brand name team in Russia (PITT, DET) most Russians don't find secondary markets attractive. Is Kaprizov different?....who knows. But I'm not surprised MN is having difficulty locking him up long-term.

99% of Americans 24 years old would say the same thing.

And I'll bet my next paycheck that Kaprizov's deal with the Wild will be inked before training camp. There is ZERO legitimate steam that Kaprizov isn't happy in Minnesota...in fact, he's quoted saying the opposite. This is all about contract term and Kaprizov wanting to hit UFA in his late 20's so he can sign a monster deal.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Might as well be from a Russian perspective. I mean Kaprizov just said his favorite place in America is Las Vegas.

Just being honest. Seriously, unless its a major area like Florida, NY, LA, DAL, MTL, TOR, or a brand name team in Russia (PITT, DET) most Russians don't find secondary markets attractive. Is Kaprizov different?....who knows. But I'm not surprised MN is having difficulty locking him up long-term.

My favorite place in America is the Grand Canyon, doesn't mean I want to f***ing live there. lol

Reactions: Digitalbooya

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Oh, oh, Kap making an unforced error with the, "Russian girls are better than American women." quote.

Maybe he is just trying to get the American women to up their game, like Guerin is trying to do with Menell.:naughty:

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I would not be surprised if he went back to the KHL. I am sure they are wooing him with various talking points.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I would not be surprised if he went back to the KHL. I am sure they are wooing him with various talking points.

I would be surprised. He has stated multiple times that he wants to play in the NHL. Why give up more of his prime years playing in a secondary professional league, even if its his home country?

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I would be surprised. He has stated multiple times that he wants to play in the NHL. Why give up more of his prime years playing in a secondary professional league, even if its his home country?
On top of a pay cut in Russia. Kaprizov would have to absolutely hate Minnesota to go back to Russia. I don't think he hates Minnesota.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yeah, if he was that 50/50 about which league he plays in I don't see much point in him coming over this last season. I'm sure Moscow would have/did offer him a contract last year too. Going by that and what "people closest to him" have said he wants to stay in the NHL, and if that's the case there's little chance that this doesn't get worked out.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017

Two reasons:

- more money
- to be in Russia (primarily)

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Two reasons:

- more money
- to be in Russia (primarily)

He would make more money in the NHL than the KHL. And if he truly wants to play with and against the best players in the world, he will sign with the Wild.

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
With the new KHL salary cap this isn't possible. The highest paid player makes 1.5 mil. Now could he be getting paid under the table? maybe but even then I don't see how he would still be paid more than 6 mil.
What's the point of having a salary cap if it isn't being complied with?

Reactions: guitarhunterdude

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What 24 year old has been to Vegas and has enough money currently to go to Vegas? I want to ask them some questions.

My sister is almost 26 and has been to Vegas five times since she turned 21, I can ask her your questions if you want.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
My sister is almost 26 and has been to Vegas five times since she turned 21, I can ask her your questions if you want.
To piggy back, my SIL is 26 and has been to Vegas 4-5 times this year alone, most recently as last weekend for a certain NHLers bachelor party.

I go to Vegas about 2-3x per year and now that I'm moving out West, I'll be going much more often. Vegas is great.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
First question: where do they get all the money to go to Vegas. I’m 26 and I’ve never been... but that might be mostly just cause I don’t see the appeal others see.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
First question: where do they get all the money to go to Vegas. I’m 26 and I’ve never been... but that might be mostly just cause I don’t see the appeal others see.
I go twice a year as well. You can just spend what you want on gambling and create your own budget. I never spend more than a few hundred bucks since I'm not a big better. I just play the small money machines.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
You can easily go for a weekend and spend less than $500 as long as you are not trash at gambling and don’t get sucked into the strip clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad