Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 3)

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I haven't been to Slush Puppy Place, but it looks like a nice arena watching on the tube.
Nice arena for sure. One of the best in the east for sure.

Medema willnot get a contract at camp. The Sabres will probably show his agent a contract BUT it will be a case of here is what we are intgerested IF he meets these goals.

At best he is looking at after the OHL January deeadlline.

Thibodeau will be a late draft pick teams are not looking for midget one way wonders. But someone will take a flier at him learning how to play 2-way team hockey and adding some height and weight.

Hey, keeping London to only 5 goals is a good thing. This game was more about learning how to play against top talent and getting a chance to see what changes need to be made for the future.

I think 7th is the best to hope for, although if they start to lose a few, Barrie may upset them and make it a fight .
Absolutely the way the standings are right now- unless one of the teams above goes on a pretty long losing streak I don’t see the fronts climbing higher than 7th. Very disappointing.

Also the next 2 games here against Niagara and Erie are definitely must wins as they sit below us.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
7-0 fronts after 2. I’ve counted 4 really good saves by vaccari this game despite low shots- kid is looking pretty good as the whole team is.

Hemstrom 1G 3A so far

Frasca and Dubois 2G each

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
8-1 fronts win. Frasca with the hat trick. Uens of course has to stick his leg out breaking vaccaris shutout with 9.5 secs left in the third. Unreal. Great game by vaccari

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
interesting day tomrrow both teams play will be interesting

Kingston win means that tey ahve a good lead on Barrie

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
I would certainly hope that isn't true. I would lose some respect for him if it were.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
According to Scott Wheeler on Twitter/X it was during a tv timeout after the high stick, no mention of taunting

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
I thought of that right away

Stupid they give a coach a suspension for a disagreement lmao softer than baby shit
Manner isn’t afraid to have his players backs and let the refs know they f***ed up.
You could get away with a lot more in the AHL. -some of these OHL referees would be better of reffing a soccer game that I have seen this season.
The NHL and Ahl has been gutting the goods refs from the Chl with a lot of retirements these past 2 years.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
According to Scott Wheeler on Twitter/X it was during a tv timeout after the high stick, no mention of taunting

It was warranted. Fronts only had a six goal lead at the time and close to a half game left. Not like the game was in hand quite yet. That minor penalty could have mean the difference between winning and losing….

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Manner isn’t afraid to have his players backs and let the refs know they f***ed up.
You could get away with a lot more in the AHL. -some of these OHL referees would be better of reffing a soccer game that I have seen this season.
The NHL and Ahl has been gutting the goods refs from the Chl with a lot of retirements these past 2 years.
I agree. Immediately thought players will love that.

Yes not sure why they didn’t just give him a bench minor. Kicking him out is ridiculous for arguing a call regardless of score.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I agree. Immediately thought players will love that.

Yes not sure why they didn’t just give him a bench minor. Kicking him out is ridiculous for arguing a call regardless of score.

There are certain words and phrases that you are not allowed to say, sing or hum to a referee.

You can be guaranteed that Mann got a warning and then went over the edge.

The OHL has to protect the referees.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
There are certain words and phrases that you are not allowed to say, sing or hum to a referee.

You can be guaranteed that Mann got a warning and then went over the edge.

The OHL has to protect the referees.
Suspending a coach because a ref got their feelings hurt just doesn’t make sense though unless he made it personal lol

OffIceMan

Oct 27, 2013
Saw a 1st OHL wise today. Dad's trip for the weekend. Got to see 2 road wins. Good for them.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Suspending a coach because a ref got their feelings hurt just doesn’t make sense though unless he made it personal lol
I take it you do not follow much sports other than the OHL. Ther are phrases words that can ot be used

When was the last time you heard 3 blind mice or the 3 stooges intro at a hockey game?

Have you ever watched a baseball game?

If you use abusive language to an official you can be removed from the game.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I take it you do not follow much sports other than the OHL. Ther are phrases words that can ot be used

When was the last time you heard 3 blind mice or the 3 stooges intro at a hockey game?

Have you ever watched a baseball game?

If you use abusive language to an official you can be removed from the game.
I watch plenty of sports in many leagues and I’ve never seen someone get suspended for arguing a call lol. I don’t watch much baseball though but I watch basketball, hockey, and football.

Which is why I said unless they made it personal and there is a chance Mann did because why the hell else would you get suspended for telling a ref off about a bad call.

Usually you’re removed from the game and if you publicly criticize officiating you will get fined. Not removed from the game and you have to sit another full game- that’s bs.

Is you or someone you know a former ref beast and that’s why you’re taking offence to this?

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
I watch plenty of sports in many leagues and I’ve never seen someone get suspended for arguing a call lol. I don’t watch much baseball though but I watch basketball, hockey, and football.

Which is why I said unless they made it personal and there is a chance Mann did because why the hell else would you get suspended for telling a ref off about a bad call.

Usually you’re removed from the game and if you publicly criticize officiating you will get fined. Not removed from the game and you have to sit another full game- that’s bs.

Is you or someone you know a former ref beast and that’s why you’re taking offence to this?
My guess is that the exchange with Flores probably was the reason for the suspension. Ref probably told him to stop interacting with Flores and then he told him to STFU ....

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
My guess is that the exchange with Flores probably was the reason for the suspension. Ref probably told him to stop interacting with Flores and then he told him to STFU ....
See that would make sense for sure. there’s no way arguing a call gets you suspended

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
From where i sit i used to see Caputi yapping at opposing players and thought it was classless. I'm surprised if Mann diod that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad