Confirmed with Link: Kings Sign Kopitar (2 Years/ $7m AAV)

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
This is where LA "media" is absolutely spineless. They don't have to be douchey like Canadian media but at least have one person not ask ChatGPT questions during interviews.
Well what do you expect when the one with the biggest audience would rather be considered “one of the boys” and call the people he interviews by their nicknames than ask anything that even resembles a challenging question.

The thing with Hoven is, I’m pretty sure he is smart enough to know guys like Yanetti and Murray aren’t truthful at all with the things they say on his podcast. But he never challenges it and then goes on to amplify the lies because doing so guarantees his coverage to the team. There is no other reason to explain how comments like “we’ve always slow cooked everyone” and “only the McDavid’s of the world don’t need AHL time” are said unchallenged.

Disappointing to see Rosen close up shop, he was one of the last objective ones to cover this team. But that was the problem, the organization wasn’t going to grant access to someone who dares report truthful things that make the organization look bad. You think Rosen would let himself be walked all over and lied to for an hour in an interview? I doubt it.

But it’s also just tough in the market, hockey is just a total afterthought. I was in LA a lot the 2nd half of 2014 and was just amazed at the difference in support/coverage/ticket prices between LA and Chicago as both teams were in their golden eras. Rosen was always fighting an uphill battle behind a paywall in a market where people aren’t reading about the team for free.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I definitely have a bit of concern for our young forwards and their development given that even after losing Vilardi and Iafallo, the Kings currently have 7 veteran top 6 talent players on the team and 6 signed beyond the next three seasons. Obviously, Byfield is being given a shot, but outside of him, I am very unsure of where Kaliyev, Pinellli, Fagemo, Laferriere, and so on hope to fit or become relevant.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I definitely have a bit of concern for our young forwards and their development given that even after losing Vilardi and Iafallo, the Kings currently have 7 veteran top 6 talent players on the team and 6 signed beyond the next three seasons. Obviously, Byfield is being given a shot, but outside of him, I am very unsure of where Kaliyev, Pinellli, Fagemo, Laferriere, and so on hope to fit or become relevant.

Are Pinelli and Laferriere even close to being ready? I mean he hasn't played a pro game yet...why are we worrying where he fits when at the earliest, 2 years away and the roster could be greatly changed by then....

Kaliyev and Fagemo absolutely, we wont know until September

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I personally don't think Kaliyev, Fagemo, and Laferriere are top-6 type players so they shouldn't have a problem. Pinelli is the only one that has a shot out of those 4.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
You guys are cute looking to “the media”. What do you think any of those bozos could tell you that you can’t see with your own two eyes?

The dumbest motherf***er here knows more about the kings than any “journalist” out there.

Reactions: KINGS17 and Herby

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
You guys are cute looking to “the media”. What do you think any of those bozos could tell you that you can’t see with your own two eyes?

The dumbest motherf***er here knows more about the kings than any “journalist” out there.

Not sure if you are talking about me.....or.....looking in the mirror....I think both fit

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

I dunno, giving Axl a mic would be like putting Borat out on the red carpet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad