Kings News: Kings Sign Enroth

Ron*

And who out there is going to help it? It'll be by trade or the Kings have faith in Forbort/Schultz. Unless Franson comes way down in his asking price.

I don't have faith in either Forbert or Schultz, so yes, I am looking to get someone in a trade.

Ron*

Chart updated to include Enroth's salary. The Kings now have about $5.1 million remaining in CAP space.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
I really like this signing. He's put up very good numbers as a back up. The only bad numbers are last year when he was part of the tank job in Buffalo. But even last year, his numbers improved when he went to Dallas.

I'm surprised we got him actually. I thought he be able to pull in a better contract then we gave him.

Although he's probably seeing a trend in LA's backups. Backup Quick, get a big pay day, and a shot to be a starter. ie: Bernier, Scrievns, & Jones.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
I really like this signing. He's put up very good numbers as a back up. The only bad numbers are last year when he was part of the tank job in Buffalo. But even last year, his numbers improved when he went to Dallas.

I'm surprised we got him actually. I thought he be able to pull in a better contract then we gave him.

Although he's probably seeing a trend in LA's backups. Backup Quick, get a big pay day, and a shot to be a starter. ie: Bernier, Scrievns, & Jones.

Not to mention that whole stanley cup thingy.

;)

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

I was about to post the same thing.:laugh:
He is much cheaper than Jones with less term.:nod:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
He only has to clear if he makes the 23 man roster out of camp. Otherwise he can be sent down to start the year without having to be subject to them.

Sorry Jason but this doesn't make any sense. There's no rules at all about any 23 man roster out of camp.

Berube needs to clears waivers if he sent down. That's a fact. Berube will never be an NHL goalie though, IMO. Bartosak will take over next year in AHL and Berube will be in Europe soon.

As for the Enroth he one of the targets I wanted the Kings to go after. Goalie were a little more expensive than I thought so the caphit is higher but it's fine. He's a real solid backup.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Sorry Jason but this doesn't make any sense. There's no rules at all about any 23 man roster out of camp.

Berube needs to clears waivers if he sent down. That's a fact. Berube will never be an NHL goalie though, IMO. Bartosak will take over next year in AHL and Berube will be in Europe soon.

As for the Enroth he one of the targets I wanted the Kings to go after. Goalie were a little more expensive than I thought so the caphit is higher but it's fine. He's a real solid backup.

When'd you go global boss?

And as usual, correct. HF should just open a section for a 101 on commonly occurring yet commonly misunderstood situations, such as waiver exemption. Obviously people can't grasp this, even so called media, and can't be bothered to actually check out the CBA to figure it out either. Berube is waiver eligible next year, this has been discussed and stated several times this past season on this forum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad