Confirmed with Link: Kings Sign Christian Folin (1 Year, $850K)

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Sweet technique:

GettyImages-618251470.jpg

Looks like 2 minutes for delay of game, or a Jarret Stoll special. ;)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
So on paper, the estimated defensive pairings would be:
Forbort - Doughty
Muzzin - Folin
Martinez - LaDue
Fantenberg/Gravel?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So on paper, the estimated defensive pairings would be:
Forbort - Doughty
Muzzin - Folin
Martinez - LaDue
Fantenberg/Gravel?

Something like that. I'd probably go Muzzin-LaDue / Martinez-Folin since Folin is more defensive but he's probably better prepared for the 2nd pairing than LaDue, Paul is pretty much THE key player coming into camp, if he doesn't take a large step forward a la Voynov we're gonna be hurting.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
MacDermid will be the #7. He has to pass thru waivers and kings are happy with his development. Read Rosen's last post.

If thats the case we have a problem.

Doughty
Muzzin
Martinez
Forbort
LaDue
Folin
Fantenberg
MacDermid
Gravel

Too many D.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Rosen said in an earlier post few days ago that Ladue is going to be used as a top 4dman this year and be relied on more heavily so defensive pairings can be

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Ladue
Martinez-Gravel/Folin
Macdermid/Gravel/Folin

1 will be traded and Fantenberg will probably be in the AHL as a Loverde replacement.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Fantenberg should make the roster over Macdermid easily.

Gravel should be the guy sweating bullets right now.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
This could turn out to be a nice under the radar July 1 signing. I was s bit surprised the Wild did not extend him a QO.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
A lock to make the team, especially as a RD.

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-LaDue
Martinez-Folin
Gravel
Fantenberg
MacDermid

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Keep in mind asset management. Both LaDue and Gravel do not have to clear waivers.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I don't know much about Folin but that D looks soft.

Eh, look at this blueline and see if you can find any toughness in it...

Daley, Maatta, Schultz, Hainsey, Cole, Dumoulin, Ruhwedel, Streit

Hell, Nashville is considered to have one of the best bluelines in the league. Can you spot the toughness in this group?

Subban, Josi, Ekholm, Ellis, Irwin, Y. Weber

Spending less time in your own zone and having the puck more than the opponents will lead to a better defense. It helps to have smart players who are exceptional with their sticks and in body positioning. That's why Nashville and Pittsburgh got so far without having to rely on toughness.

The Ducks had Bieksa and Manson on their blueline and look where they got them. The Hawks have not had any single "tough" blueliners and look at the results they've gotten with that group.

Did McNabb really intimidate anyone because he can deliver a big hit every now and then? Nope. Guys like John Zeiler and Eric Lacroix threw their weight around, but did they really intimidate anyone? Same for a guy like Zac Rinaldo.

Team toughness is what is more important. Look at how Crosby and Malkin never back down from a scrum and defended themselves. Hell, I witnessed Kessel do the same thing. Hornqvist as well. I realize the Penguins added toughness in Ryan Reaves and think that he'll be a deterrent, but how many of those types do you need in your lineup?

The toughness this team is lacking is what they had in the form of Mitchell, Stoll and Richards. Guys who wouldn't back down from anyone. Not so much toughness in the form of Kevin Westgarth who's only use was to go up against other enforcers. In other words, he was a circus act.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Time for LaDue to step up and deliver.

Lot of pressure on him to play top 4 minutes. If he can manage I see a Forbort/LaDue pairing more likely over time than Muzzin/LaDue. Forbort is much better defensively than Jake and we know Doughty can get the best out of Muzzin. Still, the middle pair may start out pretty ugly but not necessarily as bad as a Muzzin/Martinez pairing would be.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
With Ontario signing Devane, I think the Kings are planning on having MacDermid up or plan on losing him on waivers.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Don't get why people act like Gravel was bad or something, he made mistakes, but he was pretty good. I thought he did good in the situation he was thrusted in. Am I remembering wrong?

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Don't get why people act like Gravel was bad or something, he made mistakes, but he was pretty good. I thought he did good in the situation he was thrusted in. Am I remembering wrong?

He did not bring a lot to the table. He wasn't BAD but overall just pretty underwhelming. Looking forward in seeing what MacDermid/Fantenberg can do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad