Confirmed with Link: Kings sign Christian Ehrhoff (1 year, $1.5M)

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
A steal imo. Helps our pp alot to get another skilled defenseman on it. Give us a vet to replace slava as others stated before me. Gives drew a break as he can handle the 20+ mins Dean is going all in this year. We need nothing now. Like others have stated I ve wanted him on the kings for a while just didn't think we could afford him. Very excited and ready for this season to start. Go kings go

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
I really wanted to see this guy on team for a long time but his last season was really a disappointment. But we wouldn't get him this cheap otherwise. Hopefully, he'll prove he's capable of filling the role that Sekera had for a brief time for whole season long.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
lol that's right, another Buffalo d-man. How many does this make it, five?

Lessee...McBain, McNabb, Regehr, Ehrhoff, Sekera...are we missing anyone there?

Only one we're missing from their 2012 team is like Volchenkov or something and I wouldn't say we're 'missing' him /office space

Edit: not Volchenkov I guess, not sure who I was misremembering heh.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Excellent! I wanted Zidlicky for 1 year (and I think a rightie in general would've been better) but what the heck, we just needed someone for 1 year.

With Voynov:
Muzzin - Doughty
Ehrhoff - Voynov
Martinez - Greene
McNabb

Without:

Muzzin - Doughty
Ehrhoff - Martinez (or switching sides)
McNabb - Greene

It's also interesting that 1.5M aren't considered low-balling by his agent :laugh: I'm wondering what Columbus fans have to say...

PS: When was the last time we signed a significant FA? It seems like we've been pretty quiet for years...

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
Hope he manages to stay healthy and quickly adapts to Sutter's system, when you type "ehrhoff hit" on yt, bunch of vids come up showing him getting hammered.

Captain Mittens*

This brings me back to the days where Buffalo fans wanted Toffoli for Erhoff. Solid deal.

enhanced-25942-1427414324-7.jpg

We got both!

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Love the signing, love the Kings team, looking forward to Frozen Fury. Sutter needs depth to coach his style of hockey, Lombardi has given him that depth and now there is no need to worry about how the Voynov situation plays out with the NHL or if there is no suspension there is no need to rush him back from a serious injury.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Has he really fallen off that much? Wasn't he a top pairing guy at one point?

I think the big concern in Pitt was his utilization but he's also allegedly slowed down a bit. The bigger concern for me is concussion(s?). Will he be fully recovered? If so, I we got a #2-#3 guy for cheap. If not, we got a #4-#5 guy for cheap.

And like someone else pointed out he has a penchant for getting blasted a la Drewiske.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad