Kings News: Kings Sign Adam Cracknell And David Van Der Gulik To One-Year Contracts

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Come on now...

Nolan is better then Cracknell. Nolan had as many goal this season, as Cracknell has had in his career!

you-needa-SHAMONE.jpg

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
DVG is a great depth guy. Gives his heart and soul to hockey and the community. Was the Captain of LEM (Avs affiliate) for a while. Surprised and saddened he left the Avs organization, helped out the young guns a lot, and recently had a baby.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
CPR line mighta been the most overrated line ever. I feel like every year we hear about how great these 4th lines are!! That one was one of them...and I don't even remember it producing at all, let alone like the Devils 4th in 12' and the Rags this eyar.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Abbreviations always guarantee overration.

I believe I just invented a word. And to think King Lukewarm Blanket said I wasn't sophisticated.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Moneyball signings for the AHL club. Gives forwards some competition and may end up playing for and helping the Monarchs.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Well Nolan does play all 3 postions and cracknell doesn't. This way you have more options if players get hurt.

Nolan took four faceoffs this year and 13 in his entire career (going 2 wins and 11 losses in the process) so I don't think he's played any at centre in his NHL career. I certainly don't recall him at centre ever.

We don't lose roster flexibility here.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Cracknell could be interesting. He is actually productive in limited roles.

He has 65 NHL games and has put 16 points on the board(Six Goals), that's a better pace than Lewis and Clifford/Nolan

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Nolan took four faceoffs this year and 13 in his entire career (going 2 wins and 11 losses in the process) so I don't think he's played any at centre in his NHL career. I certainly don't recall him at centre ever.

We don't lose roster flexibility here.

I never said he played them well only that he has some expierence. Also even if he couldn't play center. He still plays both wings I don't think Cracknell does :)

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Cracknell could be interesting. He is actually productive in limited roles.

He has 65 NHL games and has put 16 points on the board(Six Goals), that's a better pace than Lewis and Clifford/Nolan

I question using that stat as St louis system scored more goals as a whole then lass 248 to 206 I doubt Cracknell will score at the same pace here.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I never said he played them well only that he has some expierence. Also even if he couldn't play center. He still plays both wings I don't think Cracknell does :)

Well if all you want is experience, Cracknell took 27 faceoffs last year, in just 19 games. So basically he took twice as many faceoffs last year as Nolan has taken in his career, all 134 games of it.

In total, Cracknell has taken 175 faceoffs in his career, or about three per game, so he obviously plays a fair bit of centre.

Cracknell can also play both wing positions btw. He's more versatile than Nolan, not less.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Why does it sound like people want to get rid of Nolan? The same thing happened with Clifford after the Kings traded for Carcillo last summer. It had to mean Clifford was going to be shipped out.

Cracknell has never played more NHL games than AHL games in any single season. He's the 14th or 15th forward. No more, no less.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
Remember when the kings threw all kinds of money at certain FA's but none of them wanted to sign with LA? I bet now they wished they did!

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Remember when the kings threw all kinds of money at certain FA's but none of them wanted to sign with LA? I bet now they wished they did!

But if they had, we wouldn't have two cups in three years, guaranteed. We'd be riddled with bad contracts.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
But if they had, we wouldn't have two cups in three years, guaranteed. We'd be riddled with bad contracts.

Not necessarily true. The reason the players didn't sign in LA is because DL wouldn't offer them what the other teams did offer them, so if they had digned in LA it would have been on whatever the last offer was from DL, not the contracts they actually did sign elsewhere.

Of all the UFA's I recall us being linked too, the only one where I think DL was reported to have matched the offer was on Chara, ($7 million per for 5 I believe it was) and in the end Chara simply wanted to stay in the east. But Chara at $7 million wouldn't have been a bad contract considering what he accomplished on it, such as Norris.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
CPR line mighta been the most overrated line ever. I feel like every year we hear about how great these 4th lines are!! That one was one of them...and I don't even remember it producing at all, let alone like the Devils 4th in 12' and the Rags this eyar.

That line produced an awful lot of energy in games 1 & 2 for the Blues in that series. Way less effective on the road where Hitchcock couldn't match lines as well. They put together some terrific grinding -- punishing -- low cycles.

Probably a major piece of the fatigue that undid the Kings later in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad