Kings News: Kings Sign Adam Cracknell And David Van Der Gulik To One-Year Contracts

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Because the refs don't want to be hit by him either

Ref: Reggie! That's boarding!

Regehr:
article_35014_1.jpg

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
"If you can't beat em, join em. Very excited to be a part of the LA Kings for the upcoming season." - Adam Cracknell

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I just realized that Cracknell could replace Nolan as our 4RW/HS. Some of us had Nolan moving to another team like BUFF, so, I think there's an outside chance.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Blues fan chiming in.

Very happy for Cracknell. Was a popular guy here and he's a pretty good 4th liner. What holds him back is his body and that's why he'll never be more than a 4th liner but he'll give you everything you he has and you won't ever question his work ethic.

Captain Mittens*

Blues fan chiming in.

Very happy for Cracknell. Was a popular guy here and he's a pretty good 4th liner. What holds him back is his body and that's why he'll never be more than a 4th liner but he'll give you everything you he has and you won't ever question his work ethic.
We will rebuild him and give him a jet pack and a pet leopard

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I loved watching Cracknell in the playoffs, not only against you guys but the Hawks as well. He plays hard every single shift and hits everyone that moves. He was one of those guys that wouldn't play in the regular season at all, but once playoffs hit he was on the team.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I loved watching Cracknell in the playoffs, not only against you guys but the Hawks as well. He plays hard every single shift and hits everyone that moves. He was one of those guys that wouldn't play in the regular season at all, but once playoffs hit he was on the team.

Kind of like Jarret Stoll...?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Nolan was a penalty machine. That was why he was benched

I was only stating why i would keep Nolan over Cracknell there is more roster flexibility. However i'm not sure if Cracknell would be any better I seem to recall him taking a few bad penaltys as well The grass isn't always greener Plus i see some offensive upside to his game not sure cracknell has any.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Cracknell sounds more like a Colin Fraser replacement, veteran forward who can play in the minors but also fill a role as a 4th line/13th forward in the press box whenever necessary.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Cracknell on a one-way contract, I assume?

He's a player that was easy to root for as a Blues fan, but I always felt his lack of foot speed held him back from solidifying as a roster player. It was a surprise when he beat out Porter for a roster spot last training camp.

He's shown up consistently in the post-season. I think this was a nice pick-up by the Kings, but I also will be surprised if he's a regular starter at the beginning of the season.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
I think Cracknell is here to compete for the final forward spot with Andreoff. There not just gonna give the spot to Andreoff. Just like they won't give the spot to McNabb. Hence Schutlz being resigned. They're both going to have to win those spots.

With that said, I think Andreoff will win the spot. I can't see the Kings risking Andreoff on waivers in favor of Cracknell. Same with McNabb for Schultz. But, make the kids sweat it out a little bit. :laugh:

I like these moves Lombardi has been doing of late. Don't let the kids think they can just win a spot on the Stanley Cup champs, because they played good in the AHL. Make them earn it! At the same time, add some veteran depth that is both good for the clubs in Los Angeles and Manchester.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Cracknell was a big part of the CPR line they had in St. Louis, really like what he brings to the table. Rather have him in the line-up over Nolan.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
He certainly plays the way that fits the Kings' mold, first in on the fore check, plants himself in front of the net:

Seems to have a knack to score on Chicago too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad