Kings News: Kings Sign Adam Cracknell And David Van Der Gulik To One-Year Contracts

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
CPR line mighta been the most overrated line ever. I feel like every year we hear about how great these 4th lines are!! That one was one of them...and I don't even remember it producing at all, let alone like the Devils 4th in 12' and the Rags this eyar.

Was just going to post how overrated the Sharks 4th line was in those first three games.

"Mike Brown brings an element to this team they have been lacking!"

O rly?

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Is Cracknell a better option down the line than Sabourin?

I don't know if either will ever play in a Kings uniform. I think Cracknell is more a depth/gap fill. He adds some veteran depth the forward group and fills a cap in Manchester on the forward side which is a bit barren this upcoming season.

As for Sabourin, I don't know if he'll ever make the NHL. He got really hot in the fall last year. Played great in the NHL pre-season and continued that in Manchester. Then he just went MIA for months! To the point you almost forget he's on the team. Spent most of the season on the 4th line Manchester.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I don't know if either will ever play in a Kings uniform. I think Cracknell is more a depth/gap fill. He adds some veteran depth the forward group and fills a cap in Manchester on the forward side which is a bit barren this upcoming season.

As for Sabourin, I don't know if he'll ever make the NHL. He got really hot in the fall last year. Played great in the NHL pre-season and continued that in Manchester. Then he just went MIA for months! To the point you almost forget he's on the team. Spent most of the season on the 4th line Manchester.

It was hysterical to read people talk about Sabourin as being close to NHL ready last season. The guy is as raw as any prospect I've ever seen. Nowhere close to NHL ready.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It was hysterical to read people talk about Sabourin as being close to NHL ready last season. The guy is as raw as any prospect I've ever seen. Nowhere close to NHL ready.

to be fair though I didn't see him personally it seemed like everyone was high on him based on a superb training camp...or was it preseason? Either way, it wouldn't be the first time a prospect looked great in a short period of time but his lack of tools caught up to him.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
to be fair though I didn't see him personally it seemed like everyone was high on him based on a superb training camp...or was it preseason? Either way, it wouldn't be the first time a prospect looked great in a short period of time but his lack of tools caught up to him.

Wasn't singling out anyone. Just saw SO many people penciling him in for the team this upcoming season and there's just no way. As CT said, he had one hot streak and then went completely invisible after that.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I think Sabourin was just frustrated on not making the kings after a strong training camp, and never getting a call up. I think the guy has the skills, and if he can be consistent for a season, I'm sure he may get a look.

Captain Mittens*

I think Sabourin was just frustrated on not making the kings after a strong training camp, and never getting a call up. I think the guy has the skills, and if he can be consistent for a season, I'm sure he may get a look.

He's tough, pretty good hockey sense. He's just raw

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Sabs is not an NHL caliber player, not even close. The guy has ton's of work to do.

He fails at the number one thing Kings demand out of forwards (play 200ft). No shot at being a King unless that gets remedied really fast, like this year fast.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Sabs is not an NHL caliber player, not even close. The guy has ton's of work to do.

He fails at the number one thing Kings demand out of forwards (play 200ft). No shot at being a King unless that gets remedied really fast, like this year fast.

Scott Sabourin has two years left on his contract and when was the last time you seen the Kings give up on a 21 year old so quickly? They usually overcook their prospects, not turn their back on him in two years or less.

Sabourin just needs to show steady improvement and LA will sick by him for a while.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Scott Sabourin has two years left on his contract and when was the last time you seen the Kings give up on a 21 year old so quickly? They usually overcook their prospects, not turn their back on him in two years or less.

Sabourin just needs to show steady improvement and LA will sick by him for a while.

Where did I say the Kings were going to give up on him ?

I said the guy has a long road ahead of him to be an NHL player. Sure the Kings will keep him for the length of his contract. That's about it though, doesn't mean they won't leave the guy in the minors, if his game doesn't progress.

Sabs is about as Raw a prospect as they come. I am actually shocked he got a contract to be honest.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Where did I say the Kings were going to give up on him ?

I said the guy has a long road ahead of him to be an NHL player. Sure the Kings will keep him for the length of his contract. That's about it though, doesn't mean they won't leave the guy in the minors, if his game doesn't progress.

Sabs is about as Raw a prospect as they come. I am actually shocked he got a contract to be honest.

What do you think you imply when you say the guy needs to "gets remedied really fast, like this year fast"

What are you saying is going to happen if he doesn't turn around whatever shortcomings you say he has?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad