Speculation: Kings scouting the Flames

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Would the Flames retain on Vladar?

Yes, the Kings cap situation is indeed that dire even with sending Copley back
They have only ever retained 1 time in franchise history and that was on Rittich's expiring contract so I think it is unlikely. However, I don't see why a deal couldn't be expanded to save you cap elsewhere.

I'm not going to pretend I know a ton about the Kings, so do not take this too seriously as an offer, it's just meant to demonstrate my mine of thinking.

to CGY:
- Copley 1,500,000
- Grundstrom 1,300,000
to LAK
- Vladar 2,200,000
- Greer 762,50

This would have the difference as less than 200k.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
ummm have you seen talbots numbers this year?
Talbot was a good pick up.
1) previously played for coach Todd
2) 35+ goalie eligible for performance bonuses. This allows the King's to push a portion of his salary off to next year & was likely the best goalie the King's could fit under the cap.

How much of Talbot was familiarity & cap necessity & how much was the King's goalie coach?

Talbot is playing well, but unless they want to start him 60 games, they'll need another option.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
He’s 37, don’t know how long he can keep this up. Copley has finally turned back into a pumpkin, don’t know if they are looking at Vladar, doesn’t make sense to go from one shit goalie to anoth

He’s 37, don’t know how long he can keep this up. Copley has finally turned back into a pumpkin, don’t know if they are looking at Vladar, doesn’t make sense to go from one shit goalie to another
Whether he can keep it up or not it’s still a crazy statement to make

Talbot is playing the best he's ever played in his career, but just like with Copley last year... eventually the clock strikes midnight and the chariot will turn back into a pumpkin

In that case there's little chance LA can fit him under the cap
Just because it happened to Copley last season what’s that have to do with Talbot? Copley is a career AHLer it’s not that surprising.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
If Talbot keeps playing the way he does and the way our schedule has been spread out it is allowing Copley time to at least try and get his game back to the way it was last year. All this team needs is .900 save percentage Copley as a back-up for now.

We still have "Big Save" Dave in Ontario that can also be tried should Copley continue to stumble. The longer we can play this out and get closer to the trade deadline the more money we will have to spend and the better idea we will know where are true needs are to be a true contender.

Right now it's 2G which isn't the worst problem to have. D-Core looks good with Clarke simmering in Ontario and the forward core is starting to gel with Turcotte looking ready to call up and hopefully Arvidsson heals and gets some reps before playoffs..

Reactions: Guitpik and Kegs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad