Speculation: Kings scouting the Flames

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
They probably aren’t gonna like that reaction on the Pettersson goal

Puck was in the net before he even started to move over to challenge the shooter.

Reactions: McJedi

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Can’t see how’d theyd fit Markstrom cap wise and they don’t really have a player that stands out as an obvious dump, minus Copley.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Herberdeau for pld

It would be absolutely epic if the Kings traded PLD lol

It's the only year of his deal without trade protection. Dump him back in a cold northern city because they realize he isn't what they hoped he would be.

To LAK
Markstrom, Lindholm, Zadorov 50% retained

To CGY
Dubois, Turcotte, Copley

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Neither of the calagary goaltenders moves the needle for me, but Vladar sadly fits the mold of the dumpster diving MO for the kings goaltending lately.

It would be absolutely epic if the Kings traded PLD lol

It's the only year of his deal without trade protection. Dump him back in a cold northern city because they realize he isn't what they hoped he would be.

To LAK
Markstrom, Lindholm, Zadorov 50% retained

To CGY
Dubois, Turcotte, Copley
No.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
King's should fire their goalie coaches & get new ones at this point.
Quick, Bernier, Jones, Kuemper, Campbell.. I'd say Ranford and Co. have done better than alright. Quick had a helluva career, and the other 4 all looked great in LA and were sold for positive value before they lost their game playing for other teams years later. As bad as it is rn (because of a lack of cap space), few organizations develop goalies better

Neither of the calagary goaltenders moves the needle for me, but Vladar sadly fits the mold of the dumpster diving MO for the kings goaltending lately.
Vladar would unfortunately be this team's best goalie. But if Ranford is in town I'd imagine Markstrom is the target. I don't even wanna know how that cap would work

Reactions: Ghetty Green

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Quick, Bernier, Jones, Kuemper, Campbell.. I'd say Ranford and Co. have done better than alright. Quick had a helluva career, and the other 4 all looked great in LA and were sold for positive value before they lost their game playing for other teams years later. As bad as it is rn (because of a lack of cap space), few organizations develop goalies better
Campbell was the last decent goalie he found, fixed? 4 years ago. Whatever magic he had is gone.

Who is the highest King's drafted goalie in the system at this point?

Edit: Take a shot at Saros or Hart (assuming no issues), after that a retained Markstrom would be a decent stopgap to find a new starter. Just not a lot out there on the goalie market.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Campbell was the last decent goalie he found, fixed? 4 years ago. Whatever magic he had is gone.

Who is the highest King's drafted goalie in the system at this point?

Edit: Take a shot at Saros or Hart (assuming no issues), after that a retained Markstrom would be a decent stopgap to find a new starter. Just not a lot out there on the goalie market.
Management just stopped bringing in goalies with potential after Petersen. Portillo maybe the next decent one. But really there was no need because Quick/Petersen were good... until they weren't.

For what its worth I actually think Vladar could be another Campbell/Kuemper type. Tall, mid 20's, may be off his game now but has shown flashes in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad