Jun 30, 2017
i like auger. So this is good.

b8d.png

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I really like how he performed in preseason action. He was much more noticeable than Kempe or Brodzinski, so I was glad to see him clear waivers when he was assigned to Ontario.

Now to find a solid center who can hold down that position and permit Kempe to play a more comfortable position. I'd prefer to see him use his speed on his off-wing, which is what he was able to do at the WJC a few years ago.

Reactions: KingTrouty

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
Does Auger have to clear waivers if he goes back down? if so, seems weird to recall him if you aren't going to use him so I would assume he'll be in the lineup on Wednesday.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Does Auger have to clear waivers if he goes back down? if so, seems weird to recall him if you aren't going to use him so I would assume he'll be in the lineup on Wednesday.
I believe if he spends 30 days on the roster or plays a certain number of games he does have to clear waivers again.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I also think this kills any NHL career for Mersch unless the Kings are decimated by injuries.

Mersch is a likable guy and goes hard to the net and gets pucks on the net but my god he is to slow . He is slower than King and that is not going to fly in the new NHL. He will not make it

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Congrats to Auger, hope he makes into the lineup. Curious to see how he plays against NHL players. Can imagine Stevens and Co will tell him to park that frame in front of the net and disrupt. Could be what we could of had in Brian Boyle had they not messed him up.

Last edited:

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Mersch is a likable guy and goes hard to the net and gets pucks on the net but my god he is to slow . He is slower than King and that is not going to fly in the new NHL. He will not make it
Yep, he's done.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
I've really liked Auger in my limited viewings of him. Inconsistent, but a big man who has a nose for the net and has good offensive instincts. He's not just a big bruiser, that's for sure.

I'd much rather see Dowd centering that line, though.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I love seeing more young and new guys, my only worry is that none of them are producing yet.

Kempe - 0 points
Iafallo - 1 assist
Brodz - o points in 3 games.

Eventually one of these guys has to start producing.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Iafallo will produce no doubt. He's shown a lot to me, he will produce soon.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I love seeing more young and new guys, my only worry is that none of them are producing yet.

Kempe - 0 points
Iafallo - 1 assist
Brodz - o points in 3 games.

Eventually one of these guys has to start producing.
I don't even care about Iafallos production with the way he's played.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Like others have said Iafallo will produce, he's had his chances. Brodz on the other hand... he definitely could use some time down in the A

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Brodz needs to get his confidence back. Looked like he was worried to much about D instead of just playing the game. He is a much better player than Auger, but he sure didn't prove it in his 3 game stint. Auger was demoted to the third line for ONT this year after starting on the 2nd. He has 0 goals, 0 assists and 4 PIM's in 3 games, all losses.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Iafallo is making things happen on the ice, creating scoring opportunities for his linemates. Unfortunately, Kempe and Brodzinski both look out of place in their current roles.
Yep, not in the least bit worried about Iafallo at this point

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I’m assuming the decision to call up Auger isn’t about who is best of the young players but who is the right player. Having someone who naturally drives the net and it able to stay there will hopefully give better balance to the third line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad