Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Status
Not open for further replies.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
2/24 recap:

Sarnia lost 2-1, Rymsha was scoreless, -1, and 10/14 at the dot.
SSM won 4-2, Villalta stopped 22/24 in getting the W.
Owen Sound won 4-3, Phillips was scoreless and +2.
Seattle lost 2-1, Strand was scoreless and even.
Moose Jaw won 3-2, Clague had an Assist and a +1.
Spokane won 5-3, Anderson-Dolan had 3 Assists and a +3.
Portland won 3-2, but Kehler DNP.

2/25 games:

SSM (Villalta) @ London
Barrie @ Owen Sound (Phillips)
Flint @ Sarnia (Rymsha)
Moose Jaw (Clague) @ Saskatoon
Spokane (JAD) @ Everett

Reactions: Vino and KingTrouty

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
2/25 recap:

Sarnia won 9-0, Rymsha had 3 Assists.
SSM won 6-2, but Villalta DNP.
Owen Sound lost 4-0, Phillips was scoreless (duh) and -1.
Spokane won 5-2, Anderson-Dolan had an Assist.
Moose Jaw won 4-2, but Clague was scratched.

2/26 games:

No games

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Not sure how good Spokane will be next year, but JAD likely will put up over 100 points as a 19 year old if the team has some scorers besides him.

Maybe they trade him in an attempt to acquire long-term assets, they are basically losing everybody except Ty Smith and Ethan McIndoe.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
2/27 recap:

Sarnia lost 6-3, Rymsha was scoreless.
Moose Jaw lost 4-3, Clague was scoreless and -1.
Portland won 9-0, Kehler DNP.
Seattle won 5-4 in OT, Strand had an Assist and +2.

2/28 games:

Moose Jaw (Clague) @ Kootenay
SSM (Villalta) @ Saginaw

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Vilardi at 2ppg as an 18 year old with no signs of slowing down. Pretty impressive. DeBrincat was the only guy to hit 2ppg last year, IIRC, and he was 19. I was skeptical when Rychel said he expected him to be in the NHL next season, but Vilardi is making it hard to stay skeptical.

This is where the selfishness of the CHL really hurts it's own players. The CHL claims to care about the players but won't even allow NHL teams to put one 19 year old on an AHL roster. Not because it hurts the players development but because it hurts the CHL's profits.

The Kings options with Valardi next year are either LA where he may or may not be quite ready or back to juniors where he gains nothing dominating against younger, smaller less talented players with no option for call-up, how does that help his development?

Such an awful rule.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
This is where the selfishness of the CHL really hurts it's own players. The CHL claims to care about the players but won't even allow NHL teams to put one 19 year old on an AHL roster. Not because it hurts the players development but because it hurts the CHL's profits.

The Kings options with Valardi next year are either LA where he may or may not be quite ready or back to juniors where he gains nothing dominating against younger, smaller less talented players with no option for call-up, how does that help his development?

Such an awful rule.

I agree, and with the NHL getting younger all the time, I hope something can be worked out in the future. I understand the position's of the owners in the CHL, but with this new faster, younger and potentially more talented generation of players, something needs to change. I think this has been in place since 1979. Maybe they can grant exemption status to one NHL affiliated player per NHL team, and that exempt player would have the option of the AHL as an 18 or 19 year old, that way exceptional players who are not quite ready for prime time can grow their game at the pro level. As an example, I was at the Reign game tonight and Klim Kostin was playing for the Rampage, the Blues 1st round pick in this year draft and 99 born, but he is able to play in the AHL coming directly from Russia and not from the CHL, and held his own in the game due to his size and speed.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
3/1 recap:

Owen Sound won 4-0, Phillips had an Assist and +1.

3/2 games:

London @ Kingston (Vilardi)
Sarnia (Rymsha) @ SSM (Villalta)
Moose Jaw (Clague) @ Brandon
Seattle (Strand) @ Portland (Kehler)
Spokane (JAD) @ Tri-City

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Alexander Dergachyov now has 6goals 5 assists in 31 games for Moscow (all career highs). Not too bad for the youngest player on the team. Don't know if he's interested in playing in NA.

Im pretty sure I've read that he's coming over after this season..

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
There's not much info on Dergachyov. He's in the last year of his KHL contract, so hypothetically he can come over next season. Having read interviews with him, I did not get the impression that he has much interest in playing here.

It would be interesting to know what his KHL salary is. In the AHL he'd only be getting around 70K.

I read that Prokhorkin is making 1M. Dergachyov would be getting less obviously, but certainly more than what he'd be making in the AHL.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
There's not much info on Dergachyov. He's in the last year of his KHL contract, so hypothetically he can come over next season. Having read interviews with him, I did not get the impression that he has much interest in playing here.

It would be interesting to know what his KHL salary is. In the AHL he'd only be getting around 70K.

I read that Prokhorkin is making 1M. Dergachyov would be getting less obviously, but certainly more than what he'd be making in the AHL.
Not sure what article you've read but everything out there has him strongly considering coming over especially with the way he's been handled..both lack of playing time with the KHL and even when he was sent to the MHL..

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Not sure what article you've read but everything out there has him strongly considering coming over especially with the way he's been handled..both lack of playing time with the KHL and even when he was sent to the MHL..
I hope you're right.

In 2016 Futa said for sure Dergachyov would come over next season. When Dergachyov was asked about it, he said that wasn't true.

What I read from him simply felt like he was indifferent. I don't know if that's the case or not. Just the impression that I got, but I understand that's just my interpretation as he didn't say anything specific in what I read.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Vilardi and the Fronts are in a bit of a slump right now: Vilardi only has one assist in the previous 3 games and Kingston, not coincidentally, has lost 3 in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad