Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Status
Not open for further replies.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
3/11 recap:

Owen Sound won 6-5 in a SO, Villalta stopped 38/43, Phillips was scoreless and +1.
Moose Jaw won 5-3, Clague had an Assist and a +4.
Portland won 2-0, Kehler stopped all 28 shots in getting the W.

3/12:

No games

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Strand's 23 goals are the 4th most of any dman in the entire CHL. Only David Quenneville (whose 5'9"), Nicolas Hague and Olivier Galipeau have more.

Even for an overager that's impressive.
Is Strand elgible for Ontario next season?? would love to add to what could be an intriguing mix with Clague joining the team..

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Yes. He could've been this year, but he was still unsigned.
Clague and Strand will hopefully help Ontario out a lot next season.... I wonder if Mikey Anderson comes in as well, seeing as he's blowing away expectations in his Fr. season and would likely benefit more from being on the farm against older, more talented players...

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Clague and Strand will hopefully help Ontario out a lot next season.... I wonder if Mikey Anderson comes in as well, seeing as he's blowing away expectations in his Fr. season and would likely benefit more from being on the farm against older, more talented players...

Could potentially be very crowded on the ONT blue line next year. Management has a lot of decisions to make. Due to the log jam and his young age, Anderson might be better to hold off to get physically stronger.

RFA's
Fantenberg (might be a mutual parting of the ways, depends on both sides want here I think, good depth player, thought he was better in the NHL than the AHL so far)
Lintuneimi (likely qualified since he is only 22)
MacDermid (likely qualified, always be a tweener at best, game not progressing, could get claimed not waiver exempt)
Subban (not sure if he will be qualified, he's D game is very suspect, undersized, no real NHL potential, often a healthy scratch)

AHL
Walker (likely returns, the little engine that could, plays on top pairing with Roy)

SIGNED FOR 2018-2019
Roy (still building consistency in his game)
Falkovsky (often in and out of the line up with Subban as alternate, decent AHL guy but gaps in his D game)
Sharipzyanov (likely stays loaned to the KHL)

NEW GUYS signed for 2018-2019 (likely at least 2 of the players below make the Reign, others could go to Manchester)
Clague (makes Reign)
Strand (battles for roster)
Reddekopp (battles for roster)
Moverare (battles for roster)

PLAYERS that need to be signed or lose rights
Friend (by June 1st 2018) (I don't think they sign him)
Johnson (by Aug 15th 2018) (I don't think they sign him, although admittedly I know little about his game)

NCAA D men not turned pro
Hults (turns 20 in May of this year) (likely stays in school)
Anderson (turn 19 in May of this year) (likely stays in school)

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Tough to fit with Subban, Reddekop, Roy, Lintuniemi amongst others already in Ontario.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Yes Anderson should stay in college.
I would agree, however if he can get regular playing time, then he would benefit greatly by starting his pro career in Ontario next season...
Aside from uber-talents like Doughty, all of our Dmen prospects have benefited greatly from playing in the A... Muzzin, Voynov, Martinez, Hickey, Miller, McNabb, Forbort, Gravel, LaDue and even MacD.. I personally, would much rather see the trio of Clague, Strand, and Anderson on the Reign. Granted, they have to show they belong in camp... numbers be damned! i'd happily replace Subban and Chazz with Mikey and Austin...

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I would agree, however if he can get regular playing time, then he would benefit greatly by starting his pro career in Ontario next season...
Aside from uber-talents like Doughty, all of our Dmen prospects have benefited greatly from playing in the A... Muzzin, Voynov, Martinez, Hickey, Miller, McNabb, Forbort, Gravel, LaDue and even MacD.. I personally, would much rather see the trio of Clague, Strand, and Anderson on the Reign. Granted, they have to show they belong in camp... numbers be damned! i'd happily replace Subban and Chazz with Mikey and Austin...
Call me confused K11.

Martinez, Ladue, Forbort, Gravel also stayed at least 2 more years at college before moving to the A.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site

Not sure I agree. Anderson will be 19 next season. He'll play in all situations and big minutes in Minnesota. I think a season like that will only benefit him at 19 yrs of age. Have him come out after Soph season.

Reactions: Rekingsfan17

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Not sure why I have doubts, but some doubt about Clague have crept in since his move to Moose Jaw. Despite being on the #1 scoring WHL team, his goals have dried almost completely up as well as his PPG ave. Not saying he's bust material, just that he may not be as high end as some here think. Hopefully he's working to tighten up his defensive play to better round out his game.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I agree Fat Elvis.

His offense was already gone before the WJC -20.

Scored multiple goals at the beginning, including hattricks and suddenly nothing anymore. One goal since December or so.

Hopefully he is working on the defensive side like he played during the WJC, so we wont get another Jack Johnson who played like another forward with Michigin.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Call me confused K11.

Martinez, Ladue, Forbort, Gravel also stayed at least 2 more years at college before moving to the A.
Their development really took off in Manchester once they got acclimated to the system, and just like we turn goalies into gold, the same can be said of some Dmen... I see Fat Elvis' point as well, however if he can get the same opportunities in Ontario then thats his best route. Of the young Dmen in Ontario only Lintuneimi has impressed, Roy is likely to improve his 2nd season and MacD will likely spend some time with the big club so the spots and PT will be there.. I just happen to believe that the sooner we can get these kids into and playing the system the better they can develop for us...

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Not sure why I have doubts, but some doubt about Clague have crept in since his move to Moose Jaw. Despite being on the #1 scoring WHL team, his goals have dried almost completely up as well as his PPG ave. Not saying he's bust material, just that he may not be as high end as some here think. Hopefully he's working to tighten up his defensive play to better round out his game.

This is the exact same thing that happened to Josh Morrissey following his trade from Prince Albert to Kelowna in his 19 year old year. The number of parallels I see between the two are pretty crazy. Much like you many Jets fans were freaking out about the drop, but it worked out. I would not be concerned if I were you. Clague is a true bluechip prospect.

Last edited:

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
This is the exact same thing that happened to Josh Morrissey following his trade from Prince George to Kelowna in his 19 year old year. The number of parallels I see between the two are pretty crazy. Much like you many Jets fans were freaking out about the drop, but it worked out. I would not be concerned if I were you. Clague is a true bluechip prospect.

I agree with Holden that he will be fine. I don't think Clague is going to be a huge goal scorer as a pro, his biggest assets are is his puck movement, first pass out of the zone (boy do we need that on the Kings), and passing vision.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
This is the exact same thing that happened to Josh Morrissey following his trade from Prince Albert to Kelowna in his 19 year old year. The number of parallels I see between the two are pretty crazy. Much like you many Jets fans were freaking out about the drop, but it worked out. I would not be concerned if I were you. Clague is a true bluechip prospect.

I'll take that as good info coming from "The Eternal Skeptic" ;)

Reactions: Rekingsfan17

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I agree with Holden that he will be fine. I don't think Clague is going to be a huge goal scorer as a pro, his biggest assets are is his puck movement, first pass out of the zone (boy do we need that on the Kings), and passing vision.

This is a good assessment, I feel his numbers could be like a Zhitnik, who was always a good play starter from the back.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
3/13 results:

Moose Jaw won 2-1 in SO, Clague was scoreless and even.

3/14 games:

Owen Sound (Phillips) @ Flint
Oshawa @ Kingston (Vilardi)
Kitchener @ Sarnia (Rymsha)
Saginaw @ SSM (Villalta)
Seattle (Strand) @ Spokane (JAD)

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
3/14 recap:

Kingston lost 7-4, Vilardi had a Goal and an Assist.
Owen Sound won 7-1, Phillips was scoreless and +2.
SSM won 8-1, Villalta DNP.
Sarnia won 4-3, Rymsha was scoreless and even.
Seattle won 6-3, Anderson-Dolan had 2 Goals, Strand was scoreless and +1.

3/15 games:

Owen Sound (Phillips) @ Windsor

Reactions: KingTrouty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad