Kings News: Kings players tired of Sutter?

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
There is too much media in 2015. All are competing for stories. So more and more media make **** up to sell newspapers or air time.

If that isn't obvious, I don't know what is.

The story is factually inaccurate. The moron didn't fact-check his source information. Just like that discredited Rolling Stone story. If you don't fact-check your sources, you are bound to get burned, and Brooks did, as usual.

Ya, it's sad but true. That's why I can't hardly watch US media. It's more about sensationalism than accuracy. That and there's too much focus on pundits & opinion and not enough actual news.

It was the perfect opportunity for traffic for him.

Which to me is disgusting. Instead of writing good content, well thought out content, and well researched content to draw in crowds, he went with made-up and/or second-hand garbage rumors.

About a high profile team that was just eliminated no less.

Exactly why I won't click the link to the original article.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Thats to bad u dont like seeing it happend to even the teams u dont like. Hope they settle it and get back on track

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
They'll be fine. Hell there were so many stories of Scotty Bowman being widely disliked by many of his players, at one point he hadn't even talked to one of his players in weeks.

Just look at some of these comments about Bowman.
http://www.nytimes.com/1997/06/09/s...but-mr-stanley-cup-has-a-resounding-ring.html

And look at Sutter's track record. He's coached for 16 years and has missed the playoffs in only three occasions and reached the Cup Final three times and was a win away in Calgary from having a third Cup ring.

Sutter is going nowhere.

taz346

Jan 8, 2008
Not there, but here
A) Brooks was wrong on everything but one line. I'm not making it up, DL, Sutter, Drew, Brown have all said the story is inaccurate beyond the fact the players locked the door. Has nothing to do with whether or not I dislike the guy -and I do dislike him- it has everything to do with those who actually where involved said it's not what Brooks is making it out to be.

B) You say no one knows what goes on behind closed doors, yet you defend Brooks, who was about 1,000 miles away the night of the incident and ignore what DL and Co. have said. You know, the very guys who are behind those very same closed doors.

C) The players couldn't play 'that game just the way they wanted to, instead of Sutters way' because by about five minutes in Sutter would be benching players. Craig Conroy wrote once about how Sutter benched him for a period for disagreeing with Sutter in the locker room. You don't think guys would be getting benched left and right if they elected to do whatever they wanted on the ice?

D) I have no issue with 'other possibilities' at all. I just prefer ones with some semblance of logic or reason, not throwing **** at a wall.
Just when did I defend Brooks? I sure don't remember doing that. I hate the guy just as much as anyone else. All I'm saying is that people form opinions before knowing the actual facts way too much. Now, duh, Brown and Sutter say it never happened. I'm sure they feel that gee, they owe all the fans and the press complete honesty as to what goes on with that team behind closed doors. I really don't give a rats ass what took place, not my business nor anyone elses for that matter.

taz346

Jan 8, 2008
Not there, but here
They'll be fine. Hell there were so many stories of Scotty Bowman being widely disliked by many of his players, at one point he hadn't even talked to one of his players in weeks.

Just look at some of these comments about Bowman.
http://www.nytimes.com/1997/06/09/s...but-mr-stanley-cup-has-a-resounding-ring.html

And look at Sutter's track record. He's coached for 16 years and has missed the playoffs in only three occasions and reached the Cup Final three times and was a win away in Calgary from having a third Cup ring.

Sutter is going nowhere.
He personally told you this?:D

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Just when did I defend Brooks? I sure don't remember doing that. I hate the guy just as much as anyone else. All I'm saying is that people form opinions before knowing the actual facts way too much. Now, duh, Brown and Sutter say it never happened. I'm sure they feel that gee, they owe all the fans and the press complete honesty as to what goes on with that team behind closed doors. I really don't give a rats ass what took place, not my business nor anyone elses for that matter.

I'm nitpicking but it's important for clarification, DL, Sutter, and Brown all acknowledged a player's meeting DID take place. That's obviously a far cry from Brooks' yellow journalism headline, but there's no need on calling people out on their opinions when, especially after more facts came to light, he's just bending the hell out of the truth instead of completely fabricating it.

It's similar to the main board thread where people are asking others to apologize to Brooks for jumping the gun. Hell no, he doesn't deserve an apology, when facts came to light, most of us were proven right, that it's a players meeting blown completely out to hell of proportion.

Ron*

I'm nitpicking but it's important for clarification, DL, Sutter, and Brown all acknowledged a player's meeting DID take place. That's obviously a far cry from Brooks' yellow journalism headline, but there's no need on calling people out on their opinions when, especially after more facts came to light, he's just bending the hell out of the truth instead of completely fabricating it.

It's similar to the main board thread where people are asking others to apologize to Brooks for jumping the gun. Hell no, he doesn't deserve an apology, when facts came to light, most of us were proven right, that it's a players meeting blown completely out to hell of proportion.

LOL that's rich, posters calling for an apology to that POS "writer." (Loosely applying that term to that POS person.)

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

Again, you are ignoring facts, in this case specifically that DL, Brown, Sutter, etc. have all said yes, it did happen. I also said he got that sentence of his article correct. I then said virtually everything else was wrong, as stated by DL, Sutter and Co. Why would Kings players and management admit it happened, but lie about where it happened? That's makes zero sense.

You give us crap for forming opinions before knowing the facts, yet that's pretty much what we are doing about Brooks. Yes, he got the incident correct, but the article is crap because everything else is wrong. Not to mention he never contacted the Kings to ask their side (something any good journalist should do and should indicate in the article if he tried and they declined comment). So his article is based off a pair of unnamed sources, he never contacted the other side, and gets a lot of basic facts wrong.

Frankly I question how good his sources are if they can't even remember what city or state the incident took place in. Clearly they weren't there either then and got the information second or third hand.

Ahh, playoffs time, when the "5 points well worth it" posters come out to play!

...not on our board this time though :(

**** this ****ing ****.

:sarcasm:

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
And the article remains garbage because it was a non story and happened long enough ago to where Brooks was clearly looking to stir up a little controversy so that he can get some clicks. His source was wrong on everything with the exception that the Kings had a players meeting. If that is news then I am Godzilla and Brooks is a credible journalist (neither of those two things are true by the way).

Arrhizal

May 4, 2012
Slovenia
This was probably a thing that was very hush hush. How many people outside that locker room do you think knew this was going on? Very few is my guess. Yet the guy manged to sniff out something that no Kings reporter was able to get. Yes, obviously that his story was flawed, how exactly could he had confirmed it? So many people shat on his story. Yet soonish is was semi-confirmed. There was a problem. And right now none of us really knows how serious it was. It's in the past and I really don't think anybody in the Kings organization would say "oh crap, yeah, things were really bad, blah blah blah". You do damage control, play it down. People will forget. The team is past it.

This does not negate the fact that Brooks found something that noone else could.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad