Kings News: Kings players tired of Sutter?

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Don't know if this deserves its own thread as Brooks can be hit or miss, but anybody else see this?
Slap Shots has been told by two sources that the Kings locked the door to their locker room following a defeat on the road within the last two weeks so that Sutter could not get in and deliver what the players apparently expected to be another in a series of lectures/tirades.

As the tale was told, after Sutter finally tracked down an arena operative to unlock the door, he was greeted by three heavy waste receptacles lined up as barricade to what had become an empty room.

Thus, it would be no stretch to suggest tension between the team and the coach, who led the Kings to those two Cups, was a significant issue as L.A. went down the stretch before their elimination Thursday night in Calgary following a shocking defeat two nights earlier in Edmonton, of all places.
Imagine. Players, for once, engineering a lockout.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/11/calendar-coach-exhaust-defending-champion-kings/

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
No surprise to me whatsoever that this is coming out of New York right as the regular season ends.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Sutter rarely yells at his players, nevermind doing it game after game. And honestly, I can't think of one player we have that would do that, nevermind the team as a collective. That article comes across as per BS based on everything I've ever read/seen about how Sutter operates and the type of players we have.

Nizar

Mar 4, 2013
Leave us alone, Larry Brooks.

Sandino

Feb 3, 2006
On the other hand, if there's any veracity to the story at all, it might explain some things. Just saying.

I'm sure there is going to be a lot skepticism here on the boards but I'm going to keep an open mind about it.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Brooks is a horse's ass, and when I ran into him in the restaurant in the PR section during the 2012 Finals, I told him so.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Deosnt matter what the Kings players are tired of. This core already got one coach fired. They won't get another.

Lombardi will start moving them out before he moves Sutter. Which will start this off-season with some vets already moving out.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Just sounds too unlike this team. It would have to be backed by something more reputable before I believed that happened.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
James Duthie mentioned the other day that Sutter was doing the usual things to press buttons and flip the switch but that the team was exhausted from all the play the past 3 years. Maybe Sutter pissed them off and they really did this. If they did I don't see it as a bad thing, stuff happens. Doesn't mean they've tuned him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad