Rumor: Kings interested in Jordan Eberle

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Not sure how i feel about Eberle to be honest but Moverare is one of my favorite underrated prospects on the Kings , ala Erik Cernak . Could end up being another mistake because he gives me Scuderi ; Mitchell vibes .
He is a lefty. Needs to step up at camp or he’ll be an AHLer/call up.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I believe he has grown a lot as a player and person this year developing over seas . Im excited to see what he looks like this year and how he does . I still believe he will be our best stay at home dman we have seen since Mitchell

He was beaten badly on the game-winning goal in the play-in game that ended the Reign's season. He pinched along the boards to try to keep the puck in and the attacker chipped the puck right past him and had a clean 2-on-1 rush that paid off. It was just one play, but it didn't give me stay-at-home defender vibes.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
I believe he has grown a lot as a player and person this year developing over seas . Im excited to see what he looks like this year and how he does . I still believe he will be our best stay at home dman we have seen since Mitchell
That's my thoughts on Strand.

Reactions: Stumbling Jack

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If Kings did not trade for Eberle with NY Islanders I do not believe they have interest to trade for him with Seattle.

I agree — if the Kings could have traded for Eberle for cheap, they could have exposed Lias Andersson at a minimal loss. Not even sure he would have been selected over Clague, Lizotte, or Athanasiou.

Reactions: kinghock

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Are the Kings expected to make a run at Landy, when the ufa market opens?

I dont know, he'd be a great add, leadership etc, but he doesnt really fit our timeline.

Id probably rather we try and take advantage of a team needing to shed cap and get a reasonably priced vet on the the cheap (similar to the Arvi trade)

Better than to overpay for the top ufa that will probably start falling apart when we are truly in our contending window.

Love Landy though

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I dont know, he'd be a great add, leadership etc, but he doesnt really fit our timeline.

Id probably rather we try and take advantage of a team needing to shed cap and get a reasonably priced vet on the the cheap (similar to the Arvi trade)

Better than to overpay for the top ufa that will probably start falling apart when we are truly in our contending window.

Love Landy though
I would like to have him on the isles,but expect he will command a 6-7 yr deal that won't age well.
Isles already have Anders Lee on such a deal.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I do not believe Kings needs salary retention.
I think now LA is looking for different target.
But nothing flashy…
The more money[cap you save in a deal for a top 6 forward means u save more money/cap for a lefthanded under 26 d rather save as much as possible for other deals.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I like Eberle, but not at $6m. The trade cost better be cheap if that's the move
Yeah, I agree. If I'm Edmonton, I'd offer up a cap clearing trade for Eberle focussed on Kassian or someone like that, but the Islanders already have Clutterbuck and Martin for high priced bottom line players.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
The more money[cap you save in a deal for a top 6 forward means u save more money/cap for a lefthanded under 26 d rather save as much as possible for other deals.

Keyword is "Top 6 forward" which Eberle is not, doesn't matter how much is retained for 1 year.
We were blessed to whiteness a couple of years now, what happens if your top 6 winger scores 19 goals.

Just bringing people in for the sake of bringing people in doesn't work with the Kings schedule

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I believe you are wrong.
Kings will be making only one more low profile trade like Jordan Eberle.
They also will try to trade up their 8th pick to get one of the big four defensemen of this draft...

I doubt they need to trade to get one of the big 4. It’s likely one on Clarke or Hughes is there at 8.

Reactions: andys

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Seattle will draft Eberle and trade him to LA.

I think Seattle should be having conversations with all 31 other GMs about what they would be willing to pay for players that are exposed (doing so lets them be a lot less concerned about the salary they're taking on). Realistically....given that Seattle should be positioned to make the playoffs in a weak division I don't see Seattle selling those players to other Pacific teams without an overpay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad