Post-Game Talk: Kings get Kyled by the Jets

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I wonder ppl who think little is still a 2c do you keep lanie on the 3rd line as ell does not work. Mo does not want to break up csw

That could be an issue going forward. Either of 2 things has to happen. 1) Little and Laine learn to work well with each other, or 2) PMo learns to go with what works.
Ehlers - Scheifele - Laine
Connor - Little - Wheeler
should be a very good top 6.
Yeah, yeah, I know - ESL got eaten alive on the road. That was last year. We are now talking next year. All 3 will have had 2 full years of growth in their games. They will not be the same threesome they were then. Defensive improvement is clearly visible from both Ehlers and Laine already. Patty needs to learn to protect the puck better and they will be fine.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I do. So if that is the second line Little is overpaid to be a 3rd liner as he is taking 2c money.

That what makes the team a very good team to elite if they can keep it up.

Your 1st line is top 5 in the league.
Your stastny line is a 1st line in most team.
Your little line is 2nd line
Your 4th line is 3rd line

Same with Kulikov and Myers as 5&6 D.

Strong C group is very important

As it stand we have a very strong C group

Schiefele
Stastny
Little
Lowry
Copp
Hendrick
Roslovic
Petan

Hope Jets can keep that top 4 c for a couple more years.
Before Roslovic can take on the challenge. Even Petan will be goos to have going forward cheap skilled center to fill in.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I really hope we find a way to sign Stastny, by bridging some ELCs or trading Myers or such. Are we resigning Enström?

Nov 24, 2006
I really hope we find a way to sign Stastny, by bridging some ELCs or trading Myers or such. Are we resigning Enström?

I dunno how much of a mouthpiece Wiebe is for TNSE but he floated the idea of a one year, $5 million contract. I’d take that all day, but I suspect Stastny would be looking at only 5+ years at his age. Too risky to take a one year.

Damn tho, it would be nice to watch those three for a whole season.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I agree. As much as I like Enstom, for the Jets to keep him should need a very significant salary drop and a short term deal. He has been skipping practices these last few years and his health and durability has been quite concerning.

If Enstrom wants to stay in the NHL, he'll sign with us for a reasonable deal.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Yeah, that was sickening. Then the typical thing happened, only to be salvaged by huge luck. All the previous examples have taught those guys, including Maurice, absolutely nothing.
Yep, Maurice should know by now what he'll be getting when he puts Wheels & Buff out there first off & continuously during OT, but he continues to do it & they continue to stay out too long. That & barely using some of his other high skill speedy guys like Ehlers, Connor & Morrissey. It just makes no sense why he keeps going back to the same formula that hasn't been very successful all season.

Reactions: kellhunter

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Stastny signing a 1 or 2 year deal would be very surprising.
I'm sure his agent has him lined up to go for as long as deal as they can get and several other teams will pay a lot more in term then we seem able to.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm sure his agent has him lined up to go for as long as deal as they can get and several other teams will pay a lot more in term then we seem able to.

It's odd to be discussing the fact that we are a cap team after all of those years of fans declaring the team 'cheap' :)

Also odd to be discussing how far we are going to go in the playoffs!

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Agree, but worthy of speculation.
At age 32, Paul is already older than Ladd was when he signed his infamous 7 year x 5.5 contract...but he is probably healthier than Ladd.
OTOH, Peter Stastny, Paul's father, had a run of 100+ point seasons that ended when he was 31. Peter was still decent at 33, but was essentially done by the time he was 36. Like father...?
It is highly likely that a Ladd-like contract would be awful in the final few years for the purchaser, but Paul may well ask for it. Chevy is more likely to offer a Little-Ladd AAV, but for 3 years (eg 5.5x3=16.5M). The compromise could be more money over a longer time, with lower AAV ( eg 4.2 x 5=21M). Likely wishful thinking...
Despite the inevitable ravages of age and the move to younger players, it's still most likely that he takes too much money from an imprudent GM.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Not sure where to post this but Copper is mic'd up and the very end is good. KC scores and Copper is saying "Michigan boy!". He is more vocal than I thought.

I think he tells Laine to "rub some dirt on it"

Jack722

Mar 3, 2018
Not total garbage. Good in the O zone. Scary in the D zone with the puck. Seems to take too long to make decisions and then makes the wrong one way too often.

I don't remember Myers ever having these kinds of brain farts two seasons ago. Might not have been watching carefully enough but there have been countless WTF moments this year.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't remember Myers ever having these kinds of brain farts two seasons ago. Might not have been watching carefully enough but there have been countless WTF moments this year.

I agree. Don't see any reason why but as his offense has improved his D zone play has deteriorated. And it is brain farts, nothing else, as far as I can tell.

Jack722

Mar 3, 2018
I agree, maybe it's the move up the lineup?

I don't think so... that has exacerbated the issue with tons of minutes but I remember specifically him having lots of these types of moments at the very start of the season.

Just pure WTF stuff, like having the puck for a full second and then instead of passing it to an open player he rifles it up the boards for icing. Or passing it right out in front of our net...

I agree. Don't see any reason why but as his offense has improved his D zone play has deteriorated. And it is brain farts, nothing else, as far as I can tell.

True... it's almost like when he has time to think, he gets paralyzed. When he can play on pure instinct, he is great. Could be a confidence issue or something?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't think so... that has exacerbated the issue with tons of minutes but I remember specifically him having lots of these types of moments at the very start of the season.

Just pure WTF stuff, like having the puck for a full second and then instead of passing it to an open player he rifles it up the boards for icing. Or passing it right out in front of our net...

True... it's almost like when he has time to think, he gets paralyzed. When he can play on pure instinct, he is great. Could be a confidence issue or something?

:laugh: Just turn off the brain. Funny, but overthinking it is deadly in sports. That was why I was better at 2nd than in the outfield in baseball. :laugh: Good reflexes, bad thinking.

Jack722

Mar 3, 2018
:laugh: Just turn off the brain. Funny, but overthinking it is deadly in sports. That was why I was better at 2nd than in the outfield in baseball. :laugh: Good reflexes, bad thinking.

For sure. I'm exactly the same... I need to be constantly involved ala Perrault (more like Tanev to be honest) to have a good game. I always appreciated guys who could slow down play and play more cerebral and still play really well.. it takes a certain kind of confidence to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad