Post-Game Talk: Kings crown the Jets 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomac

Jul 28, 2011
Winnipeg
Those new lines are something. Let me help Bones out here:

Connor-Dubois-Ehlers(remember how good they played before)
Namestnikov-Scheifele-Niederreiter
Wheeler-Lowry-Appleton

Reactions: Jets 31

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Exactly, there is no way he isn't making the decisions , i just don't know what he is seeing out of Wheeler with Scheifele.

The best I can tell there is a strong law of nature.

coaches overvalue veterans

Fans overvalue youth

Both sides are wrong

To quote Maurice when he was talking with Tibbett and another coach.

“A veteran player can get to his game faster”

What the f*** does that even mean. Total Chauncey Gardiner shit.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
You’ve just implied Bones doesn’t make any team decisions.

Not necessarily. Maybe he just doesn't have a choice in the instance of Wheeler, but has choices with other personnel.

Of course, this is all pure speculation, so I certainly could be wrong.

Reactions: Jets 31 and hn777

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
3 coaches now keep putting Scheifele and Wheeler together. So either the coaches can't see the obvious, or Scheifele and Wherever are only able to play together (i.e. no one else wants to play with one or both of them)

Bowness is out of bullets. He tried the tough love stuff "Yeah we won but our play could've improved", that worked for awhile but then they dipped in play. So he tried the "We're taking the positives out of that one", it didn't work. Then he benched Scheifele and Connor and Niederreiter, only Nino took it positively. Connor has started to turn it around a bit, looking better once he's away from Scheifele, but Scheifele has been a ghost since then - remember, he was benched after two games in Tampa, and especially Florida, where he looked engaged again. I think it was Jeff Hamilton today that joked that maybe Paul Maurice can assistant coach every one of the Jets remaining opponents to get the same effort out of Scheifele as he gave against Maurice in Florida.

At this point I think keeping Connor and Ehlers away from Scheifele is better for them and Wheeler is just there because you can't really mess up Wheeler any more than he is right now (I don't even blame Wheeler really, with his age and that injury I can understand some struggles). Putting Ehlers with Lowry might even be a reward given how much offence Lowry has produced lately.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Bowness is out of bullets. He tried the tough love stuff "Yeah we won but our play could've improved", that worked for awhile but then they dipped in play. So he tried the "We're taking the positives out of that one", it didn't work. Then he benched Scheifele and Connor and Niederreiter, only Nino took it positively. Connor has started to turn it around a bit, looking better once he's away from Scheifele, but Scheifele has been a ghost since then - remember, he was benched after two games in Tampa, and especially Florida, where he looked engaged again. I think it was Jeff Hamilton today that joked that maybe Paul Maurice can assistant coach every one of the Jets remaining opponents to get the same effort out of Scheifele as he gave against Maurice in Florida.

At this point I think keeping Connor and Ehlers away from Scheifele is better for them and Wheeler is just there because you can't really mess up Wheeler any more than he is right now (I don't even blame Wheeler really, with his age and that injury I can understand some struggles). Putting Ehlers with Lowry might even be a reward given how much offence Lowry has produced lately.
Well, tbcwpg, do you see Scheifele being moved this offseason? That is quite dreary as you describe.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
The best I can tell there is a strong law of nature.

coaches overvalue veterans

Fans overvalue youth

Both sides are wrong

To quote Maurice when he was talking with Tibbett and another coach.

“A veteran player can get to his game faster”

What the f*** does that even mean. Total Chauncey Gardiner shit.

Yeppers.

What if the game the vet can get to faster is… a shyte game?

Wheeler has objectively been struggling. He ain’t making 55 or anyone better atm.

So let’s solve the problem by demoting Nik, our leading scorer over the past 10 games.

So he can… get Lowry going. Thats right — the Lowry who has scored key goals in 2 recent wins.

55/ 26 is the coaching blind spot that just won’t quit.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

I really don't know how to describe this team. At one point there was an outrage over Adam Lowry's production from the 3rd line, 30 game goalless drought, saying he was killing this team. Last 2 wins the GWG goes to...Dubois and Connor were a black hole for a good stretch after the Montreal game. Scheifele was still putting up points, and had Perfetti performing at a high level on his wing. Struggling to finish though. But there was a lot of good things from that line that had Wheeler on it too. Connor's slump was broken by Scheifele's play, and for a few games it was frustrating watching Scheifele make all star plays to set up Connor with no results...Now Scheifele is the entire problem with this team...Adam Lowry is a hero. Even Neal Pionk is getting less hate on here than Scheifele. And I know there are a lot of Neal Pionk haters...I just don't know what's going on anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad