Value of: Kings 20 OA in 2018 plus roster player

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
In case LA needs to make cap room for a significant acquisition, probably at forward, we may be willing to offer the following package to move up.

I'm looking for a pick in the Top 10 this year.

Kings offer:
2018 1st, 20OA
Your choice of one: Muzzin, Toffoli, Martinez, or Pearson (in "my" order of perceived value)
...plus a smaller piece such as one of our lesser NHL defensemen prospects/rookies, the rights to Voynov, lower (non-first) pick from 2018 or 2019, etc.

I'm looking to move up in the first round, into the top 10, of this year's draft. Anyone interested in moving back and getting a pretty capable roster player at the same time? Vancouver maybe?

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
I was thinking the same way, if Tavares doesn’t resign in NY, and Blake puts an offer out there to Tavares, we’re gonna need to clear 3-4 mil in cap.

My idea was package Toffoli and our #20 pick to move up to #3-10 overall.

Would any of them teams at #3-10 take that deal?

Tkachuk-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Tavares-Carter
Kempe-Vilardi-Lewis

Sick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rorschach

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
If I'm Edmonton and this opportunity is there I take it. Adding a good win now roster player to move back 10 spots in the draft. Yes please, we need impact players sooner rather than later.

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Is there someone in the Top 10 of the draft you believe can make an immediate impact on the team?
No, I never look to draft for NHL team need. I'm looking for a core player prospect, especially one of the three top RHD. Our prospect pool has been missing a blue chip RHD prospect since the time of Doughty and Voynov's draft and all of the years before that too.

Even if he takes 3 years to develop, the high end RHD prospect can be more easily be traded for a good NHL RHD player if one becomes available.

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I was thinking the same way, if Tavares doesn’t resign in NY, and Blake puts an offer out there to Tavares, we’re gonna need to clear 3-4 mil in cap.

My idea was package Toffoli and our #20 pick to move up to #3-10 overall.

Would any of them teams at #3-10 take that deal?

Tkachuk-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Tavares-Carter
Kempe-Vilardi-Lewis

Sick.

Yes you understand me. I'm also looking at if JT isn't available, we still need to manage the cap for a Kovalchuk/Pacioretty-type of deal. Every agent and every member of the NHLPA knows the cap is going up so every UFA or soon to be guy will command a high cap hit.

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
If I'm Edmonton and this opportunity is there I take it. Adding a good win now roster player to move back 10 spots in the draft. Yes please, we need impact players sooner rather than later.
Yes, depending on the deal, we may be able to work something out for 10 OA. If the player you pick is Muzzin, the most valuable of the four, you can add a prospect on your end.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
I rather keep the assets and get a top 6 established young scorer like a Skinner.No to trading Toffoli.JT isn't signing here.Trade Martinez,Muzzin or Brodz and maybe Pearson that's about it with our picks to get top 6 help.

Last edited:

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Yes, depending on the deal, we may be able to work something out for 10 OA. If the player you pick is Muzzin, the most valuable of the four, you can add a prospect on your end.

Not for Muzzin and our 20th overall for 10 overall.Top 4 defensemen on a good contract signed for a few years.That would be way more than 10th overall and a propect.The fact that this trade would happen within the division isn't ideal and would cost more.We don't need to trade up and give up good assets for a pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: go4hockey

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
The sequencing is wrong. Tavares won't be able to sign until after the draft so you'd be making a trade at the draft with no guarantee that you'll get the free agent you want. That top 10 pick better be pretty good if you're giving up a top 4D or top 6F with no guarantee of a getting a roster player in FA.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
IMG_1309.GIF
Another Kings trading thread.

Last edited:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
The sequencing is wrong. Tavares won't be able to sign until after the draft so you'd be making a trade at the draft with no guarantee that you'll get the free agent you want. That top 10 pick better be pretty good if you're giving up a top 4D or top 6F with no guarantee of a getting a roster player in FA.
Not that i agree with the idea of this but there is a 5 day period when u can talk to free agents in which u can agree to terms So yeah you can be garrenteed to get ur ufa However if ur looking for Tkatchuk u need to be top 5 not ten imo Which is a whole new conversation

Reactions: deaderhead28

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Not that i agree with the idea of this but there is a 5 day period when u can talk to free agents in which u can agree to terms So yeah you can be garrenteed to get ur ufa However if ur looking for Tkatchuk u need to be top 5 not ten imo Which is a whole new conversation

Looking at my calendar, the draft is on the 22nd which is 10 days before FA begins. Your calendar may vary...

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Looking at my calendar, the draft is on the 22nd which is 10 days before FA begins. Your calendar may vary...
I believe there is a opening where all team can talk before the draft (Sunday which is the 17th i believe ) and that is 5 days before the draft so that is what i was reffering to but enjoy your attempt at humor :)

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Not for Muzzin and our 20th overall for 10 overall.Top 4 defensemen on a good contract signed for a few years.That would be way more than 10th overall and a propect.The fact that this trade would happen within the division isn't ideal and would cost more.We don't need to trade up and give up good assets for a pick.

In a deal like that, Oil would be adding for sure, and I say that in my response. And you're answering with the assumption we're not getting Tavares. My proposal is a hypothetical one based that does not assume this. So your answer really doesn't make sense on my point since you're making that extra assumption.

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles

You're correct about the timing. This is why I am deliberately ambiguous about the exact player we're going for...but since LA appears to be the "frontrunner" on nearly every star-caliber forward that's available, including those available in trade at the draft, I made the proposal anyway to gauge interest.

If one of the teams like Detroit, Vancouver or Edmonton want a good roster player, they may trade us a RHD they just drafted for whomever we grabbed with the 20 OA. Obviously that's not ideal, the trading team would want to make their own pick, but it's still a not-remote possibility.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario

I'd do it for any of the 4 except Martinez. Edmonton needs to start adding players for magic beans and if we can do that and have a little bit later pick, I'm all about it.

Reactions: Rorschach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad