Kingdom Come; Deliverance

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
In the quest "Baptism By Fire"...

I was having a lot of trouble beating Runt. He kept reversing most of my attacks, the attacks that were successful weren't doing much damage, and because I wasn't too heavily armoured, I could only survive 2 or 3 hits from him. On what was probably my 10th try I got fed up, pulled out my bow, and and shot him right between the eyes just as he was raising his sword for an attack. Just like that, one arrow from a low level bow killed him. And I have loved bows ever since.

Henry's come to see us!

Henry used to come see us like you, but then he took an arrow in the knee.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I take it that those treasure chests that you speak of are what the treasure maps that mysteriously showed up in my inventory lead to, right? If so, I think I'll ignore those maps, since I don't want to ruin the slow progression of my character in the early game. Last year, I played Fallout New Vegas with all of the DLC and some of the items that the DLC give you really spoiled the first half of the game for me, since it took me that long to come upon weapons and armor that were better than some of them.
Yes, if you have the Ancient Treasure Maps, than you get the 0.1 Groschen Warhorse armor from the chests, as well as other high level loot that can include the best plate in the game. The Warhorse armor being cheap means it costs nothing to repair, so it can be really overpowered. High end plate armor typically costs a small fortune to maintain.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Some of the NPC encounters are hilarious.

Ran into a knight decked out in full plate, he was nervous and the only reason he was a knight is because he didn't want to tell his mother he didn't want to. I convinced him to go home and stand up to his mom.

After that, I realize I want this guy's armor haha. So I try to choke him out and he starts running for his life. I chase him down, tackle him, get a hit in and then he takes off again. Rinse and repeat this halfway across the country and I decide to give up.

Fast forward about 10 minutes and I get an encounter while fast travelling. It turns out to be the same knight who is already running for his life when I load in haha. This time I'm smart and just stay on my horse and finally down him.

Got the prized armor I was after, but I don't know if it's even worth it now with how much I have to repair it haha.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Some of the NPC encounters are hilarious.

Ran into a knight decked out in full plate, he was nervous and the only reason he was a knight is because he didn't want to tell his mother he didn't want to. I convinced him to go home and stand up to his mom.

After that, I realize I want this guy's armor haha. So I try to choke him out and he starts running for his life. I chase him down, tackle him, get a hit in and then he takes off again. Rinse and repeat this halfway across the country and I decide to give up.

Fast forward about 10 minutes and I get an encounter while fast travelling. It turns out to be the same knight who is already running for his life when I load in haha. This time I'm smart and just stay on my horse and finally down him.

Got the prized armor I was after, but I don't know if it's even worth it now with how much I have to repair it haha.
Just sell it if you can't afford to use it. I've killed that guy and the way faring knight 3 or 4 times each for their suit of easy groschen.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
It's literally impossible for me to beat these bandit leaders.

I actually counted one time. 19 hits to the dome with a mace and it didn't phase him.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I almost got screwed by a glitch in Rattay.

I was patrolling with Nightingale and we played a game of Farkle. I won and he wouldn't do anything nothing happened. He wouldn't talk to me. So I ended up using a savior schnapps and went and got arrested. Game over for me for getting kicked out of the Bailiff's service. Reloaded the game and sat back down and it initiated another game. I lost and then the game progressed. Weird.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I almost got screwed by a glitch in Rattay.

Apparently that scene is pretty bugged for a lot of people. I haven't had a problem with it myself, but apparently giving up on the game against him is another way to get past it.

And on the topic of bugs, mushrooms no longer exist in my game. I can still buy them in stores but there are no more mushrooms growing anywhere. I spent quite a while wandering forests and re-visiting places where I know they were growing, but somehow mushrooms are just gone now.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Apparently that scene is pretty bugged for a lot of people. I haven't had a problem with it myself, but apparently giving up on the game against him is another way to get past it.

And on the topic of bugs, mushrooms no longer exist in my game. I can still buy them in stores but there are no more mushrooms growing anywhere. I spent quite a while wandering forests and re-visiting places where I know they were growing, but somehow mushrooms are just gone now.

Yeah good thing I decided to try something, otherwise I would have just stopped playing for awhile. I put in a lot of progress at that point and would have cried.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The quest "The King's Silver" is bugged horribly. Don't bother doing it until they fix it.

Thankfully the next patch is supposed to be a major collection of bug fixes, but no date on it yet.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Just encountered a pretty funny bug.

Rented a room at the Inn in the Glade, but I guess they accidentally rented it out to others too. My sleep got interrupted, but never loaded in. I could just hear Fritz and someone else kicking the crap out of me haha. I force quit, load back in and Fritz is gone, but Urban(the guard from the Custodian's house at the Monastery) is there and ready to fight. Long fight ensues, he surrenders and just goes on with his life haha.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Earlier in the game, I accidentally killed the executioner (he attacked me, I promise!). Just recently, I got a quest to talk to him and thought that I wouldn't be able to complete it... until I noticed that the quest marker was directing me into the middle of nowhere. I got there and, surprise, the executioner was walking down the road. There wasn't even a scratch on him. It was a miracle!

It's literally impossible for me to beat these bandit leaders.

I actually counted one time. 19 hits to the dome with a mace and it didn't phase him.

I just took care of my first bandit camp by using stealth. I approached at night, crept up behind the watchman from a crouching position, performed a take-down move on him, carried his unconscious body a little ways away and killed him. I then approached the first sleeping bandit while still crouching. He woke up and, as soon as he was standing and I got the ability, I performed a take-down on him, carried him away and killed him. Fortunately, the next bandit that I did this to was the bandit leader (who dies just as effortlessly as the others), so I could then drop caution and easily kill the remaining bandits the old fashioned way (except for the last one, who kept running, so I jumped on the bandits' horse, chased him down and killed him from horseback; haha). As far as I can tell, there isn't a good way to tell which bandit is the leader when they're sleeping, so it may be a guessing game. I suppose, though, that you could start watching them before bedtime and then take note of which bed the leader lays down on.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I just took care of my first bandit camp by using stealth. I approached at night, crept up behind the watchman from a crouching position, performed a take-down move on him, carried his unconscious body a little ways away and killed him. I then approached the first sleeping bandit while still crouching. He woke up and, as soon as he was standing and I got the ability, I performed a take-down on him, carried him away and killed him. Fortunately, the next bandit that I did this to was the bandit leader (who dies just as effortlessly as the others), so I could then drop caution and easily kill the remaining bandits the old fashioned way (except for the last one, who kept running, so I jumped on the bandits' horse, chased him down and killed him from horseback; haha). As far as I can tell, there isn't a good way to tell which bandit is the leader when they're sleeping, so it may be a guessing game. I suppose, though, that you could start watching them before bedtime and then take note of which bed the leader lays down on.
I'm not currently doing a stealth play through, but another stealth tactic you can use it to poison their food.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm not currently doing a stealth play through, but another stealth tactic you can use it to poison their food.

That's too shady for me. I prefer to sneak up on them while they're sleeping, knock them out and kill them while they're unconscious, like an honorable person.

I'm in an interesting predicament right now. I have a lot of metal armor, but, if I put it all on, my "noise" rating hits 100, which makes it nearly impossible to be stealthy. If I take it all off, the rating drops to 0, so I can be super stealthy, but unprotected. At the moment, I'm just walking around practically naked, so that I can thieve, and then putting on all of my gear when I plan to enter combat. It's not really how I want to play, since it feels like gaming the game, but it's hard to give up stealth for armor and vice versa.

Hopefully, I'll discover a better strategy, get some perks or find armor with good defense and low noise impact, so that I'm not doing this for too long. Perhaps the developers should consider making it so that even unworn inventory items affect noise, which might be more realistic, so that this wouldn't be a viable strategy. I do sort of like that carrying around all of my very best metal armor puts me at my weight limit, since it's realistic that a player with low strength wouldn't be able to wear full metal armor and be able to carry anything else.

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Turns out I earned a week of jail time in Sasau for beating up Urban who teleported halfway across the country to fight me in my sleep haha.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
So I was getting drunk in the woods, as one does, when some ruffian popped out of nowhere and started chasing me. I was way too drunk to fight so I started running. Then I figured I might as well just fight the guy and see what happens, so I turned around and he immediately started running away from me. Chased after him and managed to knock him out by tackling him several times. Then I stole his pants while he was unconscious.

Playing as a drunken lunatic is really fun in this game.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That's too shady for me. I prefer to sneak up on them while they're sleeping, knock them out and kill them while they're unconscious, like an honorable person.

I'm in an interesting predicament right now. I have a lot of metal armor, but, if I put it all on, my "noise" rating hits 100, which makes it nearly impossible to be stealthy. If I take it all off, the rating drops to 0, so I can be super stealthy, but unprotected. At the moment, I'm just walking around practically naked, so that I can thieve, and then putting on all of my gear when I enter combat. It's not really how I want to play, since it feels like gaming the game, but it's hard to give up stealth for armor and vice versa.

Hopefully, I'll discover a better strategy, get some perks or find armor with good defense and low noise impact, so that I'm not doing this for too long. Perhaps the developers should consider making it so that even unworn inventory items affect noise, which might be more realistic, so that this wouldn't be a viable strategy. I do sort of like that carrying around all of my very best metal armor puts me at my weight limit, since it's realistic that a player with low strength wouldn't be able to wear full metal armor and be able to carry anything else.
Level up your maintenance skill. One of the perks removes a lot of noise from your armor. Of course if your armor is shiny you will still get huge visibility from it.

Wearing lighter armors like leather usually has lower noise ratings as well.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Are there any epic sized battles in this game , or is it similar to Skyrim on scale?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Level up your maintenance skill. One of the perks removes a lot of noise from your armor.

I haven't gotten to the point of repairing my own armor yet, so this gives me an incentive to look into it. Thanks.

Are there any epic sized battles in this game , or is it similar to Skyrim on scale?

I believe that it's similar to Skyrim. I've read that there are battles of up to 15 characters and even those really hurt the framerate, so I would think that anything more would be prohibitive.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I wouldn't call them epic sized, it's more like skirmishes. Based on the location and period it is set in, huge battles definitely aren't realistic.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Getting "Game Load Failed" on my saves.

Have to go back two hours to find one that actually loads. :(

RIP.
Yikes, I thankfully haven't had that bug yet.

I'm currently doing the Monastery quest, and I hate this f***ing quest with a passion. Every single RPG puts a garbage quest like this into their main story and I despise it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad