Kingdom Come; Deliverance

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Love the premise of the game, love the potential, love how it's different...

HATE the combat. It was supposed to be realistic but it's just so tediously awkward. I mean, Skyrim, and TW3 (the latter being my favorite game of the decade maybe) have silly combat that's just too easy, but this combat is horrible. Starting to see a lot of mods pop up so I'll be installing a few and seeing how it goes. May wait this one out until someone releases a huge overhaul mod.

I want Mount & Blade II more than anything. And yes, the first one had some pretty terrible combat too. But I still feel like this is basically M&B 1 combat, the budget edition.

Game overall has some of that "euro jank" but the atmosphere is still fantastic and there's so much room for it to grow and improve via mods, patches, DLC, whatever.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Love the premise of the game, love the potential, love how it's different...

HATE the combat. It was supposed to be realistic but it's just so tediously awkward. I mean, Skyrim, and TW3 (the latter being my favorite game of the decade maybe) have silly combat that's just too easy, but this combat is horrible. Starting to see a lot of mods pop up so I'll be installing a few and seeing how it goes. May wait this one out until someone releases a huge overhaul mod.

I want Mount & Blade II more than anything. And yes, the first one had some pretty terrible combat too. But I still feel like this is basically M&B 1 combat, the budget edition.

Game overall has some of that "euro jank" but the atmosphere is still fantastic and there's so much room for it to grow and improve via mods, patches, DLC, whatever.
I love the combat system. It's your character that is horrible to begin with. Practice with Captain Bernard, and practice more, and then practice some more. Before you know it you will be able to stroll into a bandit camp and wipe it out without breaking a sweat.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I like the idea that even if you have really high combat skills, you can still be pretty bad in combat if you don't take the time to really learn how to work the combat mechanics. I'm still not too great with combos, but I can tell that I'm getting better at them just from practicing.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I love the combat system. It's your character that is horrible to begin with. Practice with Captain Bernard, and practice more, and then practice some more. Before you know it you will be able to stroll into a bandit camp and wipe it out without breaking a sweat.

I'm a Rangers fan. What is this practice and building up of skills you speak of? Can I not buy my way to victory?

But srsly, I'm having fun with all that and I am training. It's the delay. It's sluggish. Some mods help already so it's clearly an issue I'm not the only one noticing. Also targeting.

Otherwise I'm loving the no hand-holding aspect of it, return to roots gaming. Figure shit out. Feels great. Just spent another 3 hours with it. Wish I had more time!

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I'm level 12 and I'm starting to feel like a god in combat. I'm using St George's Sword and pretty much destroy everything. I hear maces are even more powerful, especially since you face so many heavy armor enemies. Any truth to that?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm a Rangers fan. What is this practice and building up of skills you speak of? Can I not buy my way to victory?

But srsly, I'm having fun with all that and I am training. It's the delay. It's sluggish. Some mods help already so it's clearly an issue I'm not the only one noticing. Also targeting.

Otherwise I'm loving the no hand-holding aspect of it, return to roots gaming. Figure **** out. Feels great. Just spent another 3 hours with it. Wish I had more time!
It's not an issue, it's working as intended. Especially early on, your character is very slow to react.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm level 12 and I'm starting to feel like a god in combat. I'm using St George's Sword and pretty much destroy everything. I hear maces are even more powerful, especially since you face so many heavy armor enemies. Any truth to that?
I almost exclusively use a mace now, although St. George's sword to an open face is always a good tactic as well

Blunt damage blows through shields and plate armor, so I usually stay defensive and use a master strike to stagger the enemy than crack them over the head or shoulder with my mace. On the flip side, a heavily armored enemy with a mace or hammer are by far the most threatening to me.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Otherwise I'm loving the no hand-holding aspect of it, return to roots gaming. Figure **** out. Feels great. Just spent another 3 hours with it. Wish I had more time!

:facepalm:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I got a rude awakening from the difficulty jump from the Talmberg bandit to Sasau bandit missions.

I was just walking into the other ones and mowing them all down with one shot of my mace. I went to the first Sasau camp, hopped off my horse and was promptly comboed to death in about 5 seconds haha.

I tried a few times, but ended up beating them with a combination of stealth, archery, running away on my horse :laugh:, a little horseback combat and a pretty bad ass 1v1 on foot with the bandit leader.

The difficulty is on point in this game, IMO. Hard enough to be gratifying, but not so hard you want to break stuff.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Just discovered Father Godwin's side quest "Playing With The Devil"...

Wow, that was a very unusual quest. At first it was pretty funny, the Macbeth reference was great. And the whole "Why are you a talking horse?" bit as well.
And then I wake up and discover that I kinda murdered two people, and more importantly, my best friend in the whole world Father Godwin hates me now. Even Henry's journal entry on the quest is pretty sad.
I've been reading around online, and apparently there is no other possible outcome for the quest(At least none that anyone's found). That's a really interesting idea on the part of the developers, to have a quest with no reward and only negative consequences. It's little things like that which keep me interested in this game.
edit: I guess it can end with the three women dead as well, but also a negative outcome.

Reactions: McDNicks17

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Just discovered Father Godwin's side quest "Playing With The Devil"...

Wow, that was a very unusual quest. At first it was pretty funny, the Macbeth reference was great. And the whole "Why are you a talking horse?" bit as well.
And then I wake up and discover that I kinda murdered two people, and more importantly, my best friend in the whole world Father Godwin hates me now. Even Henry's journal entry on the quest is pretty sad.
I've been reading around online, and apparently there is no other possible outcome for the quest(At least none that anyone's found). That's a really interesting idea on the part of the developers, to have a quest with no reward and only negative consequences. It's little things like that which keep me interested in this game.
edit: I guess it can end with the three women dead as well, but also a negative outcome.
Yea that quest only has two possible negative outcomes once you get past a point. I think it's possible to switch out their potion for a dud if you do it earlier in the quest though.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I tried a few times, but ended up beating them with a combination of stealth, archery, running away on my horse :laugh:, a little horseback combat and a pretty bad ass 1v1 on foot with the bandit leader.

That's something that I forgot to mention earlier. I was able to kill one bandit leader by shooting him with four of my better arrows as I was walking backward. I wasn't even skilled in archery, so that's a practical option for anyone having trouble killing the early bandit leaders. I'm only now on my way to Sasau, though, so I can't comment on if it works so well on the tougher leaders.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That's something that I forgot to mention earlier. I was able to kill one bandit leader by shooting him with four of my better arrows as I was walking backward. I wasn't even skilled in archery, so that's a practical option for anyone having trouble killing the early bandit leaders. I'm only now on my way to Sasau, though, so I can't comment on if it works so well on the tougher leaders.
It does if you improve your archery and get better bow and arrows. A well placed arrow to the face can do some serious damage. This is why I always wear a full helmet. :laugh:

The high end arrows can do quite a bit of damage to anyone not in full plate as well, and even with full plate a clean shot can hurt them.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Yeah this is one of the best parts of the game. If you have to fight more than one guy, you run, at least until you get better. It's not the hack & slash of Skyrim or TW3. The point is that you do get better and combat gradually gets more interesting.

Reactions: Blender

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm currently doing the Monastery quest, and I hate this ****ing quest with a passion. Every single RPG puts a garbage quest like this into their main story and I despise it.

I think I finally got to the part you're talking about.

I couldn't stand it for more than 10 minutes.

I looked some things up online and cheesed it. Would have preferred the other option and got some hefty consequences from it, but so worthwhile getting out of there.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Just a tip, if you're changing the advanced graphics settings, don't put vegetation detail any lower than 'medium'. I had set mine to 'low' and I just figured out that was what caused mushrooms to disappear from my game.
Still haven't encountered any game-breaking bugs, but I've come across lots of weird ones like that.

Also, poaching is just way too easy. Right from the start of the game, you can make some really crazy money without even trying because you just get too much from each animal. Unless 15th century Bohemia was actually home to the world's fattest rabbits.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Women are so fickle. I have a date with my sweetie, so I get into town and ask her around noon. She says that she can't and to ask her in the evening. I sleep until 8pm and ask again. She says that it's too late and to ask her in the morning. I sleep until morning and ask her again. She says that she can't and to ask her in the evening. I have to ask her right around 7pm or else she blows me off, despite having already brought her countless pieces of expensive jewelry (that I stole or lifted off of corpses, but that's not important right now). Women!

On top of that, I got my face mangled trying to defend her on the date. Why does she think that I gave her a dagger (that she was very unappreciative of) in the first place? It's so that she could defend herself. Honestly!
Just a tip, if you're changing the advanced graphics settings, don't put vegetation detail any lower than 'medium'. I had set mine to 'low' and I just figured out that was what caused mushrooms to disappear from my game.

I encountered something sort of like that. I adjusted one of the detail sliders and all of the cooking pots in town disappeared.

I also just had an odd bug when I was trying to participate in an archery contest. A couple of times in a row, I hit the bullseye with my first arrow and the guards yelled at me to surrender. Blender mentioned that this could happen if you hit a person or animal with an arrow during the contests, but I definitely hit the target (with nothing living even in view). The Unlimited Saves mod comes in really handy with this, since saving before enrolling in the contest "saves" (pun intended) you from getting arrested unfairly. Between this and the more common problem of a contestant refusing to fire any arrows, which happens about half the time and is a good way to unfairly lose money, those contests are really bugged... though fun when they work as intended.

Last edited:

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
The big patch is finally here.

And apparently there's a DLC in the works that lets you have a dog companion and play a female character.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Tons of fixes!

• The game now has Save and Exit feature.
  • Saving is much more robust and saves won't get corrupted even if the game crashes while saving.
  • Performance improved
    • LoD switching tweaked, reducing pop-in and improving texture streaming.
    • Stuttering in some areas reduced.
    • Slightly smoother framerate on Vsync 30. (Consoles and some PCs)
  • Improved lockpicking
    • New interface design makes it much easier to hold the sweet spot while turning the lock.
    • Easy and Very Easy trunks are now easier to lockpick when playing with controller. (Mouse difficulty unchanged)
  • Improved pickpocketing
    • You will no longer get caught if you stop at the beginning of the minigame. (Unless someone sees you)
    • The risk indicator is now much more precise. When green, you are sure not to get caught.
  • Alchemy bench will no longer shoot you into the air.
  • The last quest with Lord Capon is now visible on the map when he is ready to assign it to you.
  • Guards won't frisk you so often.
  • Your horse shouldn't get stuck when jumping fences.
  • Horse items are cleaned along with player items in bathhouses.
  • You can see when looking at a bed whether it will save your game.
  • You can sleep on beds without having to sit down first.
  • Leveling up stealth by sneaking past enemies is more consistent.
  • Sneaking past sleeping NPCs is now easier.
  • Some easily accessible trunks with extremely good loot have been removed.
  • Cave mushrooms can now be found in many other damp places.
  • You can no longer autocook potions that you haven't brewed by hand at least once before.
  • German voiceovers will no longer cut off in mid-sentence in cutscenes.
  • Late game player strength tweaked
    • Some combat perks that were unintentionally overpowered were tuned down.
    • Weapons scale less with high-level stats.
    • It should now be much harder to kill high-level enemies with one hit. (Unless they're helmetless. Stupid Runt...)
  • Other combat system tweaks
    • "Untargeted attack" exploit fixed.
    • Enemy combat archery AI improved.
    • Guards now react to combat more aggressively.
    • And many other minor tweaks.
      • (PC only) It is now possible to select different types of anti-aliasing.
      • (PC only) It is now possible to set VSync to 30 or 60, or disable it completely.
      • (PC only) Steam Cloud saving enabled.
      • And over 300 other fixes in various quests.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
I’d slowed down playing as I thought I’d wait for the update. Looking forward to losing myself again. Couple of things.

A while back I dug up a warhammer and thought I’d swap out my old non lethal weapon that I use on thieves. First thief I came across I hit square on top of his head with it and my headphones emitted the most ungodly squelchy watermelon popping noise I’ve heard and the guy slumped to the floor dead. I’ve not used it since because I felt bad using it.

Also, I love Dollmaker poison. I’d had difficulty with Runt as I had decided to make my character a bit of a talker so he hadn’t had much cause to fight. Went back a few saves and travelled around the region to get weapons training and to learn how to use poisons so I might stand a chance. I slathered my sword in Dollmaker and prepared to face him again. With his first attack I used a riposte and cut his gormless face. He went rigid and I took an alarmingly great satisfaction in overhand swinging my sword on his exposed head. The cutscene showed me having far more restraint and I felt bad again.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
So with the new patch, ever time I exit my inventory or finish dialogue, I get the sound effect of Henry being out of breath. At first I just thought it was a little annoying, but now it's almost unbearable.

So annoying that the worst bug I've come across didn't exist until after the big bug fixing patch.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The claim of better performance and less pop-in seems to me to be true. It feels smoother and the pop-in is a little less noticeable. That said, I'm not sure if the improvement is genuine or because the patch lowered my graphical settings. When I first launched the new version, my three distance sliders were set lower than I originally had them and, no matter what I set them to, they're never saved. They seem to be locked to one or more of the other settings, so that the only way to increase them now is to increase the Low/Medium/High/Very High/Ultra High settings above them. It seems like a pretty bad bug.

Edit: It looks like the locked sliders are affecting everyone: Patch 1.3 Draw Distance. Apparently, the vegetation slider is linked to the Vegetation Detail setting. I'm just guessing, but the Object Distance and LOD Distance sliders may be linked to the Objects and Textures settings, respectively.

Also, those of you who have St. George's Sword might be upset to hear that, supposedly, that item has been removed from player inventories. It's probably related to the noted removal of some chests with epic loot.

So with the new patch, ever time I exit my inventory or finish dialogue, I get the sound effect of Henry being out of breath. At first I just thought it was a little annoying, but now it's almost unbearable.

The same thing is happening to me when exiting dialogue, but not when exiting my inventory. I don't find it annoying... yet.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
is there single player, a campaign?

The game is only single player. It's very much like an Elder Scrolls game (ex. Oblivion, Skyrim) in gameplay, but with a slightly stronger campaign, like a 'Witcher' game. Similar to The Witcher, though, you have to play as a particular dude. I've read a rumor that DLC at some point will provide the option to be female, though, so, if that matters to you, you may care to wait on the game until that's released.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->