Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Shesty

Votes: 20 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I couldn’t watch live but I just watched the replay. The Rangers absolutely destroyed that team. It was men versus boys. Panarin could have had a bunch of goals. Kuemper kept the score respectable.
I loved seeing Tarasenko bury the clown who was trying to throw some kind of deformed hip check at him.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
We can still catch the Devils if they take their foot off the gas even slightly, which they seem to have (4-4-2) in their last 10). The Rangers really can't rest guys because of the cap, so I have to assume they will be playing every game to win through the end of the season, especially after Gallant tweaked them after the Buffalo game (good coaching move tbh)

Also, something I realized that really puts into perspective how good this team has been. We haven't lost a game by more than a goal, while icing 18 skaters, since January 19th against Boston. Outside of the bad stretch around the deadline when we got Kane, we've been excellent. The team is ready to do battle in the playoffs, just stay healthy these last 5.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
I couldn’t watch live but I just watched the replay. The Rangers absolutely destroyed that team. It was men versus boys. Panarin could have had a bunch of goals. Kuemper kept the score respectable.
I loved seeing Tarasenko bury the clown who was trying to throw some kind of deformed hip check at him.
Cat-Smacking-Another-Cat-1024x710.jpg

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
One could argue he has been the bigger piece of the trade so far. And that's not a slight on Tarasenko, who has been good. But Mikkola has been awesome.
No argument here. Just imagine had we NOT acquired him......don't even wanna think about it. I remember somebody here saying that Niko wasn't anything special. From what I saw of him, he was pretty damned solid. Been much more than most expected. Yeah, we need to re-sign him. Me thinks he's more of a 4/5 than a 6/7, no....not his height.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
We can still catch the Devils if they take their foot off the gas even slightly, which they seem to have (4-4-2) in their last 10). The Rangers really can't rest guys because of the cap, so I have to assume they will be playing every game to win through the end of the season, especially after Gallant tweaked them after the Buffalo game (good coaching move tbh)

Also, something I realized that really puts into perspective how good this team has been. We haven't lost a game by more than a goal, while icing 18 skaters, since January 19th against Boston. Outside of the bad stretch around the deadline when we got Kane, we've been excellent. The team is ready to do battle in the playoffs, just stay healthy these last 5.

If we had beaten the Devils in that 2-1 loss we'd be right there.

Sockosensei

May 13, 2007
Japan
Individual awards are a narrative thing. I get that, and I don't think Fox has done anything to leap off the page this year.

That being said, looking at the analytics, he's probably been the best defenseman in the league this year.
Would you mind posting those analytics in the Fox thread, please? I'm sure many of us would like to see them.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
5 games left. Kakko and Laf need 3 points each to reach 41. I feel like the half point per game plateau is a significant benchmark in a player's career, one that people don't really talk about. And it helps that neither are doing it in a shortened amount of games. Barring injury, Kakko will play 82 games and Laf 81.

Fil is at 44 points. I'd love to see him hit 50, especially now that he has already signed his contract. A bit of a tall order, but totally possible. He had a stretch in late Feb/early March where he scored 8 points in 5 games.

Hopefully all 3 of them can feast on St. Louis and Columbus. Buffalo could be out of it by the time we play them, and Toronto will probably be resting players for the last game. We probably will too, which could mean more ice time for the kids. Let them play that game as the #1 line. Let them play the full PP and top minutes at even strength. Play them on the PK too. Why not.
I get the sentiment, but I'd rather them save their hot streaks for the playoffs.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Rangers just need to come to play and be the aggressive team come playoff time. When they start tentatively, especially against a team like the Devils, it's just pointlessly handicapping themselves. And it's probably not totally intentional...I think you know "oh the Devils are fast and oppotunistic and skilled" so they play too conservatively but that just feeds into those kind of teams because they can jump right on you and generate massive amounts of possession. Throwing the puck out of danger is just another turnover that lets the opposing team get back to attacking again.

Against the Devils the Rangers have to be the team pushing back hard even if it's just dumping and chasing at first to make the Devils work it up the ice and take hits and risk turnovers, that will lead to better possession chances overall

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Individual awards are a narrative thing. I get that, and I don't think Fox has done anything to leap off the page this year.

That being said, looking at the analytics, he's probably been the best defenseman in the league this year.

I think it’s Karlsson’s to lose. Fox has fallen off from his earlier pace pre-Lindgren injury.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Damn old man Ovechkin has 42 goals and 70+ points on the season...even at old age he would be our top goal scorer. That's insane to me. 42 goals at like 36 and it's easy work for him.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I get the sentiment, but I'd rather them save their hot streaks for the playoffs.

Heating up and rolling into the playoffs hot is such a crucial thing. They brought it last year & now they added tarasenko and Kane who are feeding the three of them confidence and advice. I expect a bigger PO's from all three this year - they were the absolute talk of the playoffs last year. They know what the deal is and they're clearly ready.

Ohhhh man I can't wait for this shit.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Torchek is a monster center for us. 60+ with great 2 way play. Already eclipsed Strome's best year with us offensively, and is a monster on the dot and actually plays defense. We have great C depth going into the playoffs I like our chances alot better.
He gets lot of hate but he's been one of my favorite players this season. The balls on him to push defenders back and challenge them 1 on 1, 1 on 2, 1 on 3. Doesn't make a difference to him. Doesn't work most of the time but I appreciate the effort there in trying to make a play and attack. Chytil tries but isn't as good at doing that, also has his head down too much trying to shift through the middle. The throw it down the boards and lose every race just doesn't work. Especially when you have players like Panarin, Zibanejad, and Kreider who seem to never come away with the puck.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad