KHL Expansion Part IX

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Good point.

It is obvious the KHL strategy is to make their clubs profitable. They just go step by step. I would give another argument to yours - the clubs can sign a sponsorship contract with a betting company. So, a source of non-government money.

I do not know if our colleagues realise but being profitable with a budget of 40 million is different than with 10 or 5 million budget.

I also do not know if people realise what is happening if speaking about European hockey. Their countries are doing everything to make their economics irrelevant. And it, as everything, will affect the entertaiment industry, so hockey, and general standard of living. The USA is on that way as well.
You are living in a make-believe world and that is where the problems come.

Who told you that there is a "strategy to make clubs profitable"? You just made it up

Betting companies are not going to invest much, they exist to make profit for their owners, not to waste money.

Budget is irrelevant, KHL teams would be far from profitable even with 4 million budget. Russians just dont have the needed amount of people who can spend on hockey products. The consumers must be subsidized by the state or they cant afford it. People in Russia are poor compared even to Eastern Europeans.

Last part is a journey to the bottom of make-believe world, an esoteric-geopolitical one. Kinda shows the source of delusions.

What KHL must do is cut their budget at least 10 times via salary cap. If Radulov and Shipachyov dont like their salaries they can go and play in AHL. At least, this way KHL will stop being a giant waste of money. People would continue to come it is not like they watch the league because of "stars", I mean, who are those? Sharov and Jeremy Roy?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Looks like Krasnoyarsk is unlikely for now though, as they are on the VHL's list of the teams that have submitted the participation papers (to compare, Lada is not on the list).

Reactions: Rigafan

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Clearly they will go to ICE. Hopefully Kosice will follow.
Yeah, this is basically telling ICE "we are waiting for an invitation". Which, to be fair, would seem like a big win for both sides. Ice gets its foot in a huge (comparatively) market, Slovan gets access to more prize/ad revenue and becomes an even more attractive destination for Slovak players looking to play at the higher level.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
A journalist who made an interview with Hrubý says that Slovan´s owner did not a priori deny his vision to re-join the KHL. Basically, he would take that (real) opportunity.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
A journalist who made an interview with Hrubý says that Slovan´s owner did not a priori deny his vision to re-join the KHL. Basically, he would take that (real) opportunity.

Thats the reason he had such cryptic answers about politics.

But bossiness wise it is logical step. ICEHL is a kindergartens comparing to KHL. Czech league is closed, Hungary + Poland is a pure fantasy.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Thats the reason he had such cryptic answers about politics.

But bossiness wise it is logical step. ICEHL is a kindergartens comparing to KHL. Czech league is closed, Hungary + Poland is a pure fantasy.
It will be interesting to follow if he buys the arena where Slovan plays their home games.

It is intersting to follow how the opinion of fans/journalists has changed on Hrubý. Before him, especially journalists hated Široký as owner & were excited/positive about Hrubý. Now, they emotionally hate Hrubý.... and Hrubý plays his game of chess with them.

It will be interesting to follow the jounalists reaction on any future decision of Hrubý.

Slovan is a club with a long & wealthy history, the club deserves to be the best in region.

Slovan is a mission.

As always Vajda keeps being a very busy guy.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Donetsk has like 500k people left in the city and doesn't have any water or business left there, population has no money, airport is destroyed since 2014, and battles are going on in close proximity of the city
It is exactly the time to think about KHL and RPL!

Are you excited for such a trip vorky?

Ps Their current leader Pushilin before he became a politician used to be a financial scammer, so I guess it is just his style

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Donetsk has like 500k people left in the city and doesn't have any water or business left there, population has no money, airport is destroyed since 2014, and battles are going on in close proximity of the city
It is exactly the time to think about KHL and RPL!

Are you excited for such a trip vorky?

Ps Their current leader Pushilin before he became a politician used to be a financial scammer, so I guess it is just his style

I'd imagine they'd have them based in Moscow just like Kunlun until a time that it is suitable for them to play in Donbass again.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I'd imagine they'd have them based in Moscow just like Kunlun until a time that it is suitable for them to play in Donbass again.
Yes, this can happen but its a total waste of money even by KHL/RPL standarts

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Guessing both clubs will play in Donetsk. Football at Donbass Arena while Donbass likely to get a new arena.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Oh god no please. If they can't keep them safely in Donetsk then there is no need for Donbass. There are half-decent candidates to join the KHL in the near future which are no less valuable than a prospective Donbass team. As much as I'd love to have Donbass back it is simply not feasible nor would be the team what it was a decade ago.

These regions need the war to end first and some major development & stability afterwards which is not something I'd hold my breath for if they remain under Russian control when hostilities cease. That is, if they ever do in our lifetime. Unless some deity types in a GTA cheat code which brings all the suffering to an end immediately there is no point in speculating about a team from the region, it is neither profitable nor logical. Nobody needs it.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Oh god no please. If they can't keep them safely in Donetsk then there is no need for Donbass. There are half-decent candidates to join the KHL in the near future which are no less valuable than a prospective Donbass team. As much as I'd love to have Donbass back it is simply not feasible nor would be the team what it was a decade ago.

These regions need the war to end first and some major development & stability afterwards which is not something I'd hold my breath for if they remain under Russian control when hostilities cease. That is, if they ever do in our lifetime. Unless some deity types in a GTA cheat code which brings all the suffering to an end immediately there is no point in speculating about a team from the region, it is neither profitable nor logical. Nobody needs it.

I agree with you, until the situation is sorted, and we know the outcome of this region it's not a good idea if they did as I suggested and based them in Moscow.

However, the owner of Donbass hockey and football is super rich isn't he, he probably wants his teams back playing as soon as possible? Just my speculation to it all.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I agree with you, until the situation is sorted, and we know the outcome of this region it's not a good idea if they did as I suggested and based them in Moscow.

However, the owner of Donbass hockey and football is super rich isn't he, he probably wants his teams back playing as soon as possible? Just my speculation to it all.
You don't know the situation at all. Super rich guy is Boris Kolesnikov, he is pro ukrainian and there is no way he goes to KHL
What Pushilin was hinting to had obviously nothing to do with Kolesnikov, if there will be a hockey team associated with Donbass in KHL it will be bankrolled by different people, either by the state, or by oligarchs affiliated with the state o Russia

Isnt FC Shakhtar Donetsk playing in Kiev?
Obviously Shakhtar in Russia that Pushilin has in mind is not the one that exists at the moment and is owned by Rinat Akhmetov. He probably wants new Shakhtar team bankrolled by russian state

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
You don't know the situation at all. Super rich guy is Boris Kolesnikov, he is pro ukrainian and there is no way he goes to KHL
What Pushilin was hinting to had obviously nothing to do with Kolesnikov, if there will be a hockey team associated with Donbass in KHL it will be bankrolled by different people, either by the state, or by oligarchs affiliated with the state o Russia

Obviously Shakhtar in Russia that Pushilin has in mind is not the one that exists at the moment and is owned by Rinat Akhmetov. He probably wants new Shakhtar team bankrolled by russian state
I never said I know the situation? Either way, thanks for the info that would make much more sense now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad