Khabibulin not to play at WC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Teezax said:
Russia is screwed without Khabi or Nabby. More proof Canada will win it all :win:

Hey you! The world cup was made and designed for north american teams. Smaller rinks, home crowd... They wouldn't be americans if they don't have their version of the Olympic games. Digression: The same as US open in tennis. French open, Wimbledon, Australian open, but US open just doesn't fit in! Wilka is right. It's just stupid world cup and Putin doesn't care! Wilka, don't give up! Don't afford that pleasure to canadians! Will be better, for sure! If nothing, Fedorov is better then Sakic and Ovechkin is better then Crosby!!! :)

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
How is Khabibulin "turning his back" or a "loser" by turning this down. Its not the olympics which is more important than this tourney. Hes already played on a couple occasions and has earned medals (one which he did not recieve until 2002). Hell, he was best goalie at the 2002 olympics when Russia didnt play well in front of him. What does he owe his country after hes served them already. Its dissapointing but the Russian Federation hasnt been the best place for some of these guys and its not just him that has been mistreated.

rwilson99

TORRUS said:
I'm sure he is aware of the situation so why is he not doing anything. After all, it was he's decision to name Fetisov as head coach in 2002. If he did it once, he can interfere again! I mean, the world is laughing and Russian international hockey has never been so bad! It's time for Putin to say: ''Steblin, f... off!!!''

I'm not even sure that Fetisov would be the answer. I remember Khabibulin was very dissapointed with Russian Federation officials and their, dare I say Sutteresque, accusations about an anti-Russian conspiracy on the part of Olympic officials in Salt Lake back in 2002. Khabi was very classy in discounting comments coming from team officials.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
i bet he wanted to add a WC title to this year.
sux :shakehead
Russia is the first team to exit the Euro 2004 in a defeat that witnessed one-way officiating. There must be things done in order to get rid off that dictatorship style/post-soviet management. :banghead:

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
TORRUS said:
Hey you! The world cup was made and designed for north american teams. Smaller rinks, home crowd... They wouldn't be americans if they don't have their version of the Olympic games. Digression: The same as US open in tennis. French open, Wimbledon, Australian open, but US open just doesn't fit in! Wilka is right. It's just stupid world cup and Putin doesn't care! Wilka, don't give up! Don't afford that pleasure to canadians! Will be better, for sure!
What's wrong with the US Open?!? There's always a conspiracy with you guys. It's so pathetic.

Last edited:

Dropkick Alex

Jan 30, 2004
Amherst, New York
Hockeyfan02 said:
How is Khabibulin "turning his back" or a "loser" by turning this down. Its not the olympics which is more important than this tourney. Hes already played on a couple occasions and has earned medals (one which he did not recieve until 2002). Hell, he was best goalie at the 2002 olympics when Russia didnt play well in front of him. What does he owe his country after hes served them already. Its dissapointing but the Russian Federation hasnt been the best place for some of these guys and its not just him that has been mistreated.

Well, turning your back is kinda correct, I mean that is the country you grew up in and I think that you should play for them no matter the conditions. Loser I wouldnt go that far. I mean has he actually lost anything?

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
TORRUS said:
If nothing, Fedorov is better then Sakic and Ovechkin is better then Crosby!!! :)
Do you realize how pathetic that sounds? You're so desperate to find something positive I can see that. Poor you.

Last edited:

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
TORRUS said:
After world championships I tought that it is so bad that it can't get any worse, but it seems I was wrong. I would like to say now that it can't get worse, but I'm not sure what will happen next week. I think this is right time for Steblin to resign. One more thing, I don't understand why Putin didn't interfere. I now, president shouldn't interfere in sports but we are talking about Russia. I'm sure he is aware of the situation so why is he not doing anything. After all, it was he's decision to name Fetisov as head coach in 2002. If he did it once, he can interfere again! I mean, the world is laughing and Russian international hockey has never been so bad! It's time for Putin to say: ''Steblin, f... off!!!''
You people are crazy. Calling the President of a country to intervene in what is basically just a GAME?!? Nobody's life is in danger here. Sheesh, could you imagine our Prime Minister Paul Martin appointing heads to Hockey Canada? Man, there are much more important things to worry about than a hockey tournament. Not even the Olympics are important enough for a head of state to intervene. If Putin puts his hands into Russia's Hockey Federation, then it will just show how warped Russia's priorities are.

The Rage

TORRUS said:
Hey you! The world cup was made and designed for north american teams. Smaller rinks, home crowd... They wouldn't be americans if they don't have their version of the Olympic games.

This is ridiculous. We invented this game (not to sound arrogant, but it's true). Europeans are the ones who changed it around and then put their own bastardized version in the Olympics rather than the legitimate version. I'm not anti-European or anything (I'm certainly no Don Cherry), but it angers me that the game as played on its grandest stage (the Olympics) does not use the rules that are used in the homeland of the game, the rules that are used at the highest professional level, the rules that are used by the majority of hockey players on the planet. Instead, the Olympics use '"European rules" and do the same for basketball as well. There's no reason to use those rules other than the fact that they are European. Then, you have this character I quoted who accuses US of setting up our own tournament with our own rules just so we can win. Absolutely ridiculous.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Canuck21t said:
Do you realize how pathetic that sounds? You're so desperate to find something positive I can see that. Poor you.

OK, I sounded arrogant and I didn't mean to offend anyone. Yesterday, I was just in a bad mood because of poor play in europen football championship and offcourse angry because of current scandals in russian hockey. And there is nothing wrong with US open. Although it shouldn't be that way, I hope Putin will remove Steblin.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Noone can't remove the head of a sports federation, that what a Russian law says. Fetisov said it himself, if the law was different, he would have removed Steblin himself.

ZBORNAJA

Dec 28, 2002
Visit site
Markov said:
**** that. I'm going down with the ship. I will always be a Russian and I'll support my team. No matter how bad down the sh*tter they're in.

ALL good and nice,it is just pitty players dont think that way...

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
wilka91 said:
Noone can't remove the head of a sports federation, that what a Russian law says. Fetisov said it himself, if the law was different, he would have removed Steblin himself.
Why can't the head of a sport federation be removed? What kind of a weird law is that? Anyone who can't do his/her job proprely should lose his/her job.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
they wanna change this crappy law anyway

but a federation is independent from the rest of the Administration

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
wilka91 said:
they wanna change this crappy law anyway

but a federation is independent from the rest of the Administration

they for sure have got to change a few laws there and the way management and organization work. euro 2004 is a fine example of how soon things need to be changed

Markov rules, but the saying goes : один в поле не воин (one ain't a warrior)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad