Status
Not open for further replies.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I think both sides need to add something. Krejci makes too much money, and Shattenkirk isn't signed long term. Assuming the Bruins had some assurance they could re-sign Shattenkirk, maybe Boston retains a little , adds Joe Morrow and a fringe forward prospect, and the Blues add Sobotka

BrianBruin

Feb 6, 2015
I think thos could work but more would have to be involved. Krecji is a #1 centre...a little more value then a defenseman. It could work if Krecji and Morrow went to the Blues for Shattenkirk and Jaskin or Fabbri
However i dont think the Backes signing rralky affects Krecji..he just got the money and term that Loui turned down. With Backes in town now he can give the Bruins brass a bit of insight into Shattenkirk.
If the Bruins are gonna trade Krecji then id rather see them make a trade with Winnipeg...they have tons of cap space and Trouba is a more physical presence then Shattenkirk. I say Krecji and Morrow for Trouba and Copp or Paten

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Shattenkirk for Krejci sounds good to me. If the Blues want to dump a salary to make it work add. Shattenkirk will be the 3rd deeman in that spot in StLoius so why bury an asset. krejci would have to waive his NTC he has though but its a good team so he has a chance of winning again. No way the Blues give up Fabbri. Maybe we can tone it down and look at Boewmeester for somrthing. Spooner, McQuaid, Morrow, Hayes are all expendable right now from us possibly even Colin Miller.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
I think thos could work but more would have to be involved. Krecji is a #1 centre...a little more value then a defenseman. It could work if Krecji and Morrow went to the Blues for Shattenkirk and Jaskin or Fabbri
However i dont think the Backes signing rralky affects Krecji..he just got the money and term that Loui turned down. With Backes in town now he can give the Bruins brass a bit of insight into Shattenkirk.
If the Bruins are gonna trade Krecji then id rather see them make a trade with Winnipeg...they have tons of cap space and Trouba is a more physical presence then Shattenkirk. I say Krecji and Morrow for Trouba and Copp or Paten

Just have to chime in here...Fabbri is about as likely to get traded as Tarasenko. (not likely at all)

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I forgot about Sobotka. I'd easily deal him for a pick if it meant getting an impact player for Shattenkirk.

In that $10.37 mill left, we have to add Jaskin's $1M, MPS's contract ($800-900k?) and/or Rattie($800-900k?), Sobotka's $2.75M?, and Schwartz's contract ($5.5-6.5M).

That doesn't factor in cap space saved by trading Shattenkirk.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Easy no from the B's. Krecji is a better player, is locked up for 5 years and is one of Boston's key players. You don't trade that for 1 year of Shattenkirk. Even if you could extend Shatty, Blues would have to add a lot I think.

All that being said, Sweeney might do it ; )

Gotta agree with that one Krejci is one of the most underated players in the NHL. He does it all and does it when it counts.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
You wouldn't try Lehtera?

Sure, I'd do Shattenkirk & Lehterä if Boston wanted.

The issue for them is that that will be $11.2m+ from 2017-2019. That might not work.

Shattenkirk & Berglund is $8m next year and then Berglund is gone when the Shattenkirk extension kicks in. I could actually see them extending Berglund if they got him, he is the type their management likes, but they don't have the commitment.

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA
You wouldn't try Lehtera?

Sure, I'd do Shattenkirk & Lehterä if Boston wanted.

The issue for them is that that will be $11.2m+ from 2017-2019. That might not work.

Shattenkirk & Berglund is $8m next year and then Berglund is gone when the Shattenkirk extension kicks in. I could actually see them extending Berglund if they got him, he is the type their management likes, but they don't have the commitment.

FWIW, I believe a deal was nixed at the deadline because STL wanted us to take on more salary. I believe the added salary would've been Lehtera. I'm not so sure Boston would take him on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad