Player Discussion: Kent Johnson - Winger or Center?

What is Kent Johnson’s most likely future Blue Jackets role in the next two years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
That's just Lumbus PTSD.

Let's relax until there's a reason to worry.

Also if he does want out, he can f*** off ;)

Yeah if he is the player we hope he is, he'll come back stronger. It's a test of will. Nobody doubts his skills but it's a very competitive roster and you need to stand out to stay. They all know it.

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Not that it isn’t the right move for his development or that it wasn’t warranted, but I am worried about the fallout of this.
If Johnson can't take be criticism from the coach and doesn't want to put in the hard work but wants to wine and pout(not saying that he is) because he's being held to the same standards as everyone else in the room then he doesn't have a spot on this team. His high draft pick status doesn't mean shit to PV and it's become evident with Fantilli here what a top 5 pick should look like out there(at least his drive)

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
After that shift he looked like he knew he was gonna go to Cleveland. First the giveaway in offensive zone, then when he catches up to the puck in defensive zone corner, gives it away, then gets it again and attempts to squeeze through crease and gives it away for a 1 on 1 with the goalie. And this was on PP.

It's a cool move in pond hockey but NHL isn't a place to practice what's a smart play and what isn't. It seems to have been the accumulation of bad reads, just too risky to have him out there right now.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Not worried a bit about KJ.. he’s a gym rat , and not soft . For the first time in this franchises history , playing time is earned , not given . When Kent is playing his game , he’s one of best players on the ice. This year he hasn’t remotely been noticeable , so it’s absolutely the right thing to do . Marchenko was just scratched 2 games , and we saw the response . Kent isn’t owed anything .. go out and earn it

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
Kent is most likely adjusting to the new weight while also still finding out who he is at this level. The NHL isn't easy. I read that he's trying to perfect the "Bedsy release". Dude just needs to be Kent Johnson and forget the rest. This AHL stint will be huge for him.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Yesterday I posted that I thought the Chinakov/KJ swap would likely happen.this is the right move to get his game back on trap which I expect he will done. Thus, I think he will be back here sooner rather than later and I’ll go ahead now and project KJ/Sillinger passing on I-71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad