Speculation: Ken Holland pursuing Marc Andre Fleury

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

IMG_0263.jpeg

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Tied with Grant Fuhr for 3rd most playoff wins. Would be great to see him get that 1 win, because he's not getting it on the Wild

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Treliving should be all over this. Our goalies suck. Can't win the Cup with Martin Jones, is all I'm saying. Fleury on the other hand... a proven winner, Canadian kid, always gives his all. Like my mate from the Old Land says: goated innit bruv?

Oilers are the team that makes the most sense here.

Leafs would only make sense if Woll was back and playing well and the team was ready to trade Sammy and lose jones on waivers

Then Keefe could go with Woll and Fleury backing up, which would be a risk until we know how injury prone Woll is or is not

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It's a great target depending on cost.

My view is that Rodrigue may be better than Skinner eventually and I'm fine with a Rodrigue/Skinner pairing next season to start. Feel that sets us up for several seasons and it's actually an in house solution. Just need a stop gap goalie this season.. I keep saying Vejmelka would be a great target to platoon with Skinner.

This would be amazing though.. depending on cost. Believe it when I see it!

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
3rd and Pickard for MAF at 50% at the deadline? Maybe some other team can take on the extra 50% for a 4th. At that point of the season it’s probably just a couple hundred thousand dollars. Hell make the 3rd conditional so if he wins X number of games in the playoffs it becomes a 2nd. Even a first if he wins x playoff games and the Oilers win a cup.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Naaa. If it's for a 3rd or 4th rather just keep Fleury and then bring him into the organization as an advisor or a coach or something.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Mike Smith was great with the Oilers but got old in his last playoff run unfortunately. Smith was definitely better than Fleury is now.

Maybe... I tried throwing in a compliment while again ridiculing that Ken Holland had two of the top 5 players in the world to go on a run with, and went with Mike Smith in net and made his major TDL acquisition that year Brett Kulak.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Didn’t he block a trade to Edmonton before going to Chicago? Or maybe it just came out Edmonton was on his no trade list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad