Keith Pelley hired as new MLSE President, CEO

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
a raps title, a tfc title and multiple finals appearances and a Leafs team that’s as competitive as most have seen in a lifetime aside from a couple pockets of dumb luck success (92-94 and 99-02)

The two main additions are still running their respective teams a decade later. Id say leiwicke delivered on what was expected of him.
I laugh at this, they've literally won nothing...........

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
They got a lot of respect, but as Keefe said " ...again, we’re not in the respect game. We’re in the winning game."
The new CEO needs to find us a jim Rutherford.
The Canucks just went all in with a good team
The next president has to have vision, and definitely not hire rookie gms and give them no direction in negotiating
The leafs could end up trading minten or Cowan for tanev and still go out in the first round
He's might be a bit better than brodie ffs

They already tried that with Shanny
Ya shanny is shiny tho

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Hard to tell exactly what Tre is right now, is he Shanahan’s puppet? Is he making the decisions and if so I’m highly concerned. Extending Keefe was idiotic, Klingberg wasn’t the type of D team needs, and the Styles contract was a joke. Plenty to hate IF these decisions are the new GM’s……….
Tre got hired cause Tannenbaum and his dad are buddies
Gm search my arse
If tre was shanahans man he would have fired dubas in June and give the guy a chance to bring in his staff
Shanahan panicked and tre has had a bad off season
Seems like he made his deadline deal July 2 with domi and bertuzzi

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Gm search my arse
If tre was shanahans man he would have fired dubas in June and give the guy a chance to bring in his staff
You really believe a guy that's been in the game all his life needed his daddy to get him a job?
He may turn out to be the wrong hire but at the time who was available that had more experience?
Burke? Stan Bowman? I'm sure there were others.

Not sure if Shanahan panicked but Dubas negotiating himself out of a job left the Leafs in a bad spot.
They didn't have a lot of time to make a choice on a replacement.

** it's really weird some Leaf fans obsessions with dads.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Gm search my arse

Everyone knows the Leafs is an old boys club full of nepotism. Its the best gig in Toronto. Never concerns of profitability. No real accountability. Massive golden handshakes and all the cigars a smokey room can handle.

Reactions: hullsy47

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
You really believe a guy that's been in the game all his life needed his daddy to get him a job?
He may turn out to be the wrong hire but at the time who was available that had more experience?
Burke? Stan Bowman? I'm sure there were others.

Not sure if Shanahan panicked but Dubas negotiating himself out of a job left the Leafs in a bad spot.
They didn't have a lot of time to make a choice on a replacement.

** it's really weird some Leaf fans obsessions with dads.
Maybe but treliving wasn't hitting a home run either
Just saying again SHANAHAN let dubas go he should have owned it and cleaned up his mess
The leafs already had a 100 point club with out spending to the cap limit

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Maybe but treliving wasn't hitting a home run either
Just saying again SHANAHAN let dubas go he should have owned it and cleaned up his mess
The leafs already had a 100 point club with out spending to the cap limit
I don't think that's how it played out.
Dubas is a snake and a terrible negotiator, it finally caught up to him.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I don't think that's how it played out.
Dubas is a snake and a terrible negotiator, it finally caught up to him.
Someone will tell the truth especially if the Leafs don't get far again
My guess has been dubas was trading Nylander or marner
Shanahan makes MSLE money

Reactions: rumman

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
He was one of the geniuses at Rogers who made the $5.2b hockey deal . He also helped tear down HNIC to make it the POS it is today. Unclear whether he left Rogers on his own but it seems that the writing was on the wall. Exactly what happened to him at the European PGA is open to conjecture. He follows a long list of CEOs that did make the company money but failed to come close to winning a championship. To some that would be viewed as success, unless of course if you are a fan. He is yet another media good ole boy that looks good in a suit and tells the higher ups exactly what they want to hear. Just how good he is? Only time will tell. He does come to the table holding a very decent hand.

Reactions: GordieHoweHatTrick

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
He was one of the geniuses at Rogers who made the $5.2b hockey deal . He also helped tear down HNIC to make it the POS it is today. Unclear whether he left Rogers on his own but it seems that the writing was on the wall. Exactly what happened to him at the European PGA is open to conjecture. He follows a long list of CEOs that did make the company money but failed to come close to winning a championship. To some that would be viewed as success, unless of course if you are a fan. He is yet another media good ole boy that looks good in a suit and tells the higher ups exactly what they want to hear. Just how good he is? Only time will tell. He does come to the table holding a very decent hand.
How is a resignation unclear? He resigned to go to the PGA. He won a championship with the Argos.
You are, of course, welcome to your opinion, but you should base it on facts.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
How is a resignation unclear? He resigned to go to the PGA. He won a championship with the Argos.
You are, of course, welcome to your opinion, but you should base it on facts.
Everybody involved in the Rogers hockey deal fiasco was gone within a year. I was being kind. Also, didn't realize that the Argos became such a financial success.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Everybody involved in the Rogers hockey deal fiasco was gone within a year. I was being kind. Also, didn't realize that the Argos became such a financial success.
I was actually talking about their championship, but I guess financial success came along with Pelly's time there in the confines of the CFL of course.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
I was actually talking about their championship, but I guess financial success came along with Pelly's time there in the confines of the CFL of course.
Of course, like I said, time will tell. Me, I just think he's a slug that the big shots on the board just love. I look at him just as I looked at Dubas, another so called genius whose biggest strength is being able to con rich old fogeys into giving him a job.

Reactions: horner

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
I get what you mean but the $2m they'd bank off a playoff game is a drop in the bucket for a multibillion dollar franchise
I'm no financial analyst but if the Leafs are worth 2.8 billion after around 300 million in revenue, then a single playoff game is worth a lot for the bottom line (even if they were collecting only 2 million). Now factor what a couple successful playoff rounds could do to the team's long-term valuation in this market.

Do it for the pension fund!

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Really dont like hearing him say his meeting with Shanahan was "spectacular". Gives me no confidence this guy has the balls to axe someone especially his buddy from Mimico.
he admitted it will take him 4 months to get acclimated. he is in the classroom for those months. firing anyone is HIGHLY UNLIKELY

Reactions: sxvnert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad