GDT: Keith Kinkaid and Taylor Hall vs. Carolina Hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We have stopped scoring completely. We have no secondary scoring. We soon embark on the most brutal road trip in hockey absolutely disjointed, not an ounce of luck, and no confidence. The Panthers are red hot and Carolina has won two in a row and is about to probably make it 6 in a row. They also play Chicago and the Rangers soon who will roll over and die for them. This is a very dangerous time for us and a very very long losing streak can absolutely blindside us. Fluke bull**** like this is what starts 8 game regulation losing streaks.
You kinda lost me at Carolina probably about to win 6 in a row....

I'm not worried about an 8 game losing streak, but every loss since late December has been a losing streak. We don't have an isolated loss (I don't think we have isolated win either in that time) since late December. It's either two or more losses in a row or two or more wins in a row.

We haven't had a win in between two losses or a loss in between two wins since probably before that 5 game winning streak in December?

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Jackets schedule isn’t easy either, and they still have to do their west Canada trip on top of finishing their California trip.
Then I guess we have to hope they stumble through that tough schedule. Point is that I’m confident Florida makes it in, which means they bump either us or Columbus out. We’ve got to be better than the Jackets for the remainder of the season, at minimum.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Would we rather he didn’t call them out? They did not show up tonight.

honestly in this case i wish he didnt. now was not the time. just my opinion tho others are on the opposite side so who knows.

they have to play better and they can. dont think anyone will disagree with that.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah I'm not quite seeing six game winning streak from the Canes with the Jets next then three road games, even if they are playing two teams playing out the string and Minnesota (who's still in a life and death fight for a spot themselves) blowing a tire, they're not really good enough to run off a string of road wins unless the world is about to come to an end.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Do you always steal my lines and post them here as your own?:rolleyes:
I'm surprised nobody got this and said ''But we only lost to Florida once at home this year! How do we have two losses at home to them this year!?'' :laugh:

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
I'm saying Hynes because he in in charge. He can tell his assistants to buck up and put up a better line, and frankly he chose both of those guys so we can't just say its Ward. If Hynes had a problem with Ward's PP units, he'd definitely would have talked to him about it. So we can blame Ward all we want but they roll out the same **** game after game, so he must be okay with it.

Definitely fair point. I feel like though that a lot of the times the head guys give a ton of delegation to the assistants and trust them to do their thing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah I'm not quite seeing six game winning streak from the Canes with the Jets next then three road games, even if they are playing two teams playing out the string and Minnesota (who's still in a life and death fight for a spot themselves) blowing a tire, they're not really good enough to run off a string of road wins unless the world is about to come to an end.

Only team I see playing well enough is Florida and they do have tough games left with 4 against Boston and games against Philly, Columbus, and Carolina.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Would we rather he didn’t call them out? They did not show up tonight.

He indirectly referenced the previous game in the other quoted tweet, in which i felt they played a good game (it was more Florida playing a strong game to match ours) and they snuck out with the W on a soft goal. So the criticism seems only partially warrented.

I agree with NJDevs that Hynes didn't put the best lineups to succeed on in game situations tonight. Other games he has, he should keep that stuff in house anyway if he really felt that becuase he's got a lot thinner margins for PO than he might realize.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He indirectly referenced the previous game in the other quoted tweet, in which i felt they played a good game (it was more Florida playing a strong game to match ours) and they snuck out with the W on a soft goal. So the criticism seems only partially warrented.

I agree with NJDevs that Hynes didn't put the best lineups to succeed on in game situations tonight. Other games he has, he should keep that stuff in house anyway if he really felt that becuase he's got a lot thinner margins for PO than he might realize.

I didn’t like the lines, but the effort was not there.

He wasn’t the only one either. Other guys called themselves out as well. Zajac said they have to stop waiting for Hall to save them.

Hall pretty much said Keith was the only one who showed up.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I would actually worry about the Canes ripping off a winning streak later in the month though when they have to play chaff like the Sens (twice), Isles, Coyotes and Oilers in a five-game stretch. A cream of the crap stretch, as Bleed would say.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Then I guess we have to hope they stumble through that tough schedule. Point is that I’m confident Florida makes it in, which means they bump either us or Columbus out. We’ve got to be better than the Jackets for the remainder of the season, at minimum.

Jackets imploding again. I have a hard time seeing them even stay in a playoff spot, nevermind catch us.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I honestly think I'm at the point where i dont have much issue with hynes. But I think the assistant coaches are absolute garbage
I don't even hate Nasreddine that much anymore, I know I make fun of him a lot and call him Lloyd Christmas and Geoff Ward is Harry Dunne (dark haired guy is Lloyd and lighter haired guy is Harry), but Ward almost seems like he does things to make himself look worse than he really is.

It's almost like Ward thinks he's the best coach on this staff and he feels like he needs to make himself inferior, as to not show up Hynes, Nasreddine and Clowe (who have much less experience coaching in the NHL than he does, maybe even combined), so he does things to make himself look really stupid and really stupider every game.

In other words and I've said this before, he sandbags. That's a racing term (I'm not a car guy, I don't know why I use so many car terms and racing analogies on here) for not showing off your cars full performance potential in the heat runs. to make it look like a sleeper and deceive your competition, only to hit the nitrous button when it matters and win it all.

Only, I don't see Ward ever hitting that nitrous button, except for when we score a goal on the power play, which is sometimes our only goal of the game, like tonight and our only goal in the first 58 minutes last night. IF you wanna count that.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would actually worry about the Canes ripping off a winning streak later in the month though when they have to play chaff like the Sens (twice), Isles, Coyotes and Oilers in a five-game stretch. A cream of the crap stretch, as Bleed would say.

It might be too late by that point though, and even then they are a pop gun offense team. There just isn’t really anything there to believe they have a long winning streak in them.

We literally laid down for them and they still couldn’t really muster that much offense.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Jackets imploding again. I have a hard time seeing them even stay in a playoff spot, nevermind catch us.

Yeah Florida and Carolina are my worries...Columbus is a distant third atm. Especially since we're done playing them :P

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly you can’t just absolve Hynes and blame the assistants.

They work for Hynes. They are tasked to implement the plans that Hynes wants. Hynes signs off on who plays on the PP. He signs off on the pairings. He chooses to sit Mueller and keep Lovejoy in.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I can't blame the coach/coaches. This is the unfortunate truth when you ride young rookies to glory. I wouldn't mind a benching or two. Not even for disciplinary reasons. Get Zacha, Nico, Bratt some rest.. Mueller should start at some point. If its works in basketball, looking at you Popavich.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I don't disagree with anything he said but I'd feel better about him calling out the team if he was putting the players in the best position to succeed which he isn't.

This is my thinking. I’m not happy with some of the decisions he’s been making. That said, I didn’t like our game last night and I didn’t like our game tonight. People are really quick to just say the Devils sucked in these games. Not true and it’s unfair to the opposition. Florida and Carolina played better and deserved to win. In each game, I don’t think the Devils found a way to create enough, control enough or match the other team’s compete level enough. Seriously, at no point were they a threat to win either of these games and it was a letdown considering their effort against Pittsburgh. Bottom line is that It really won’t matter who Hynes trots out there if the team doesn’t deliver with their best effort.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

He wasn’t the only one either. Other guys called themselves out as well. Zajac said they have to stop waiting for Hall to save them.

That quote I posted was pretty much right after Amanda fed Zajac's quote to Hynes where he said we can't just wait for Hallsy to do everything and that they need better effort from anyone not named Hall.

The team beats Pittsburg, no one gives a shit about Hynes, they lay an egg against the Canes and everyone freaks. Nothing was working tonight, nothing, hence the lines in a blender. I have zero problem with Hynes, Ward has to go though.

Reactions: Taylor Hall

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is my thinking. I’m not happy with some of the decisions he’s been making. That said, I didn’t like our game last night and I didn’t like our game tonight. People are really quick to just say the Devils sucked in these games. Not true and it’s unfair to the opposition. Florida and Carolina played better and deserved to win. In each game, I don’t think the Devils found a way to create enough, control enough or match the other team’s compete level enough. Seriously, at no point were they a threat to win either of these games and it was a letdown considering their effort against Pittsburgh. Bottom line is that It really won’t matter who Hynes trots out there if the team doesn’t deliver with their best effort.

They did not put in the type of effort you need to put in at this point in the season. Florida and Carolina did.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
The only thing that can break this losing streak before it gets out of control is dominant goaltending. And I don't care by who. But it would be nice.

I mean put us on his back and throw up a goose egg. Or go on a 4-5 game red hot stretch. It probably is too much to ask but we've had ONE shutout all year. How about Cory go out there Sunday evening and blank Vegas?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That quote I posted was pretty much right after Amanda fed Zajac's quote to Hynes where he said we can't just wait for Hallsy to do everything and that they need better effort from anyone not named Hall.

The team beats Pittsburg, no one gives a **** about Hynes, they lay an egg against the Canes and everyone freaks. Nothing was working tonight, nothing, hence the lines in a blender. I have zero problem with Hynes, Ward has to go though.

I said previously though that Ward works for Hynes.

If Hynes thought the PP units didn’t work he can change them on the spot. He isn’t handcuffed and forced to do what Ward wants.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

True, they're right, of course, just I think Hynes should keep it in house right now.

Hynes has to get secondary scoring out of his 2nd,3rd,4th and D combos......

I felt like the games prior to and up at Elias night, we had a lot of chip and fast paced passes/lobs for breaks,...you had Wood getting breakaways practically every or every other game. I haven't seen that for a few games. It looks like the team is playing a different, more grinding/cycle game which wasn't the same one up until the trade deadline.

I don't know if its opposition coaching vs. us or lineup shakeup, or if they've just tweaked the system a bit now wtih the new guys. Maybe its just team fatigue .

Somethings different...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad