• No, hes replacable

Votes: 77 33.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I'm aware, but goals are not the only thing that matters on offense. Again, a guy like Panarin is way more impactful towards goals than Kreider who scores more than him. Kreider's total goals in comparison to Tarasenko's total goals does not mean we are better off with Kreider automatically.

Yeah, this isn't any more true when you've said it the 6th time than the first.

We are getting rid of one of our best players either way. Either Tarasenko or Kreider. They are both one of our best players.
I never said goals are the only thing that matters which I why I mentioned the PK and defense which I think we both agree Kreider had the edge with. Also do t forget that Iteider is a real good playoff performer as well

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I'll also repeat: I'm aware this discussion is academic. Kreider has the NTC and is almost certainly not going to be moved yet. Tarasenko will walk in the free agency. That's how it will be, not least of all because the org has a loyal attachment to Kreider.

But I was challenged to rationalize why I would trade Kreider, and it's because it WOULD be a smart move under these circumstances.

I'll put an asterisk by this discussion and say if I could move Trouba instead we could put a pin in the Kreider talk till his contract runs out. Then we could have Kane, Tarasenko AND Kreider. Go sign a mid level defender in free agency and clear room for Jones and Robertson.

~ducking~

Yeah, yeah, I know. We can't get rid of anyone. INSERT NAME HERE is too important to trying to win now. Can't move Kreider, Trouba, Goodrow, Lindgren, nobody. No vet on a big contract we could possibly survive without and have any chance to win a Cup. I don't know how all the other teams do it, but we can't.

I never said goals are the only thing that matters which I why I mentioned the PK and defense which I think we both agree Kreider had the edge with. Also do t forget that Iteider is a real good playoff performer as well

Tarasenko is also a proven playoff performer.

Kreider PKs, but we have other guys who are ready to take on that role. Kakko, for instance.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I'll also repeat: I'm aware this discussion is academic. Kreider has the NTC and is almost certainly not going to be moved yet. Tarasenko will walk in the free agency. That's how it will be, not least of all because the org has a loyal attachment to Kreider.

But I was challenged to rationalize why I would trade Kreider, and it's because it WOULD be a smart move under these circumstances.

I'll put an asterisk by this discussion and say if I could move Trouba instead we could put a pin in the Kreider talk till his contract runs out. Then we could have Kane, Tarasenko AND Kreider. Go sign a mid level defender in free agency and clear room for Jones and Robertson.

~ducking~

Yeah, yeah, I know. We can't get rid of anyone. INSERT NAME HERE is too important to trying to win now. Can't move Kreider, Trouba, Goodrow, Lindgren, nobody. No vet on a big contract we could possibly survive without and have any chance to win a Cup. I don't know how all the other teams do it, but we can't.

Tarasenko is also a proven playoff performer.

Kreider PKs, but we have other guys who are ready to take on that role. Kakko, for instance.
Grow up. I never said we can’t get rid of anyone. But it needs to make sense. Had nothing to do with the NTC getting rid of Kreider makes zero sense because what he brings can’t be replaced right now no matter how much you deny it and this team wants to win. In 2-3 years when the team may want to retool then it’s understandable but not now. The problem is you’re so concentrated in n Tarasenko that you’re not looking at the big picture. Look I’d love to keep him too but truth is he is a rental and he probably wants 6-7 million anyway

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Thank god we didnt trade Kreider for 100 point Robertson :phew:
At the end of the day if that was actually true or not it actually worked out well for both teams. I mean as unexpected as his rise has been who knows if he would be the same player here in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad