Keefes comments regarding Benoit after the game.....

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He and McCabe have been their best D this year. Right when they solidify a bottom guy they decide it’s too good to be true and start messing with him.

Lyubushkin and Liljegren can’t skate.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Another factor (not sure if it's been brought up already or not) is that if I'm not mistaken, Benoit is a pending UFA. Would have been so easy to just site Brodie and let Benoit play instead of leaving him with the memory of being benched for a game where he really wanted to play, and deserved to play.

Keefe is such a moron. That is all.
Benoit is a RFA after this season.

Reactions: arso40 and aingefan

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
We haven’t signed Benoit either, this slight last night in front of his family and now being benched for no good reason, hope we don’t lose him as a result. He won’t be signing while he’s in the press box that’s for sure. One of the best stories this year derailed, doesn’t sit well at all.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Benoit is a good soldier; we gave him a solid chance this season. Not to mention before the game, Keefe specified why it is important to get Lily going.

It helps when we have all cylinders firing, rather now versus than in playoffs in my opinion.

Reactions: aingefan

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I've no problem whatsoever with Liljegren playing. My issue is with Keefe not having played Benoit specifically for last night's game and employing an 11-7 (scratch Reaves?). It's a good thing to have more than six capable d-men and I'm sure a number of them will take a turn in sitting out from time-to-time over the rest of the regular season in order to keep the lot playing, fresh and happy. Regardless, the team won last night and won when Spezza was scratched and neither takeaway from each game should be lost.

Last edited:

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I've no problem whatsoever with Liljegren playing. My issue is with Keefe not having played Benoit specifically for last night's game and employing an 11-7 (scratch Reaves?). It's a good thing to have more than six capable d-men and I'm sure a number of them will take a turn in sitting out from time-to-time over the rest of the regular season in order to keep the lot playing, fresh and happy.
Completely agree… Should have went 11-7 since it was a game in Benoit’s hometown. Not to mention Reaves was completely useless last night.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I don't mind Benoit sitting a few games just so Edmundson at least gets some time to adjust to a new team, as long as Benoit is in the lineup over Edmundson when the playoffs start. That's the plan right?

Reactions: arso40

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Completely agree… Should have went 11-7 since it was a game in Benoit’s hometown. Not to mention Reaves was completely useless last night.
In fairness, that would have been my opinion prior to the game and Reaves and his line did fare rather well during the game. That stated, TOI for Reaves was still the lowest for any Leaf skater.

horner

May 22, 2007
Benoit should be safe. Really unfair to expect him to have 82 perfect (pass / fail) games. Even if he blossomed into a no.1, he'd still have at least 1 bad stretch of games. He's not a no.1, so if Keefe wants 100% perfection ALWAYS, he's the problem and doesn't know how to handle a team.
Except for Reilly and Brodie

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
We haven’t signed Benoit either, this slight last night in front of his family and now being benched for no good reason, hope we don’t lose him as a result. He won’t be signing while he’s in the press box that’s for sure. One of the best stories this year derailed, doesn’t sit well at all.
Maybe he’s hurting a bit, so they’ve given him an extended rest?

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I get the optics, and it was an odd choice and timing, but if sitting one game results in losing him, so be it.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
It's seems when he feels pressure from big opposing players he gets jittery and gives up the puck to soon.
I hope he can get it out of his mind.
The problem is the 2 teams we need to beat Boston and Florida have big forwards and apply a heavy forcheck.
I think in the summer he will be traded along with our 1st for a dman.
This comment has been made a number of times, so I’ve watched a bit closer.
I’m these game situations against Boston and last night, I’m mostly seeing Lili put the puck where it *should* be safe, along the wall where a forward *should be back* supporting the play. That’s been a big issue that I’ve noticed (particularly when he was playing with the Nylander line against Boston). No one there, or botching the pass up the wall, getting hemmed in.
Not much cohesiveness during breakouts against the forecheck a lot of the time.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Why do "Leafs fans" have such huge emo swings after a few bad or good games by individual player's or the team in general?

Last night's game is basically what the team looks like without Marner in the lineup and Tavares🎳 back at 2C... it's no wonder McMann was flying again with net positive linemates

Benoit will see action in the playoffs guaranteed 🎬

Hopefully Timmins will be over his mono and available for the playoffs as the Leafs Black Ace ♠️

If anyone HAS to be waived at some point it will be Noah Gregor

Last edited:

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Benoit has been one of our better players all year long, Brodie on the other hand has been dog shit since last year. But obviously he's making 5M a year so we'll play him instead.

No f***ing chance Benoit should be sitting while Brodie, Lyubushkin, Edmundson, Lily are playing.

Reactions: arso40 and TMLAM34

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad