WC: Kazakhstan 2022 roster talk

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
There are some rumors that his deal with CSKA is not yet 100% official so that's why he is still kept out of the playing roster. No idea how legit is this rumor.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Hey Kazakhstan !!
So far all lost ... one more game against Italy.

Let me tell you that this does not reflect how you played.
appart of Canada , and Danemark, you lost all by 1 goal !

I felt you deserved way better and have the feeling that, year after year, you are on the way up.
tomorow, your first win against italy.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Hey Kazakhstan !!
So far all lost ... one more game against Italy.

Let me tell you that this does not reflect how you played.
appart of Canada , and Danemark, you lost all by 1 goal !

I felt you deserved way better and have the feeling that, year after year, you are on the way up.
tomorow, your first win against it
i know ... i reply to myself ... but whoever reads it !! i called it !

keep it up Kasakhstan ...
i love you :;-)

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
i know ... i reply to myself ... but whoever reads it !! i called it !

keep it up Kasakhstan ...
i love you :;-)
I can't tell how serious you are about your posts, but in general, Kazakhstan did what they are supposed to do. Despite their early performances, nobody really expected Italy to beat them and this outcome totally makes sense.

Reactions: torero

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Beating the old drum but it's a shame Kazakhs need Valk, Dietz, etc. to beat Italy while guys like Orekhov or Panyukov need to be on the verge of moving to big Russian teams just to get a decent role on the team.

Imagine seeing some of the guys who played in the WJC top division on the NT team before they are like 25... What a world that would be.

Reactions: Exarz

member 305909

Is hockey a big deal in Kazakstan? I mean like in Belarus for example?

In Italy an average Italian doesn't even know that Italy has a hockey-team. I guess the sport is a bit more popular than that in Kazakstan.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's bigger/much bigger in Belarus. I'd say it's more important to the government/establishment than the general public. It's truly big only in a few hockey hotbeds in the north.

Other than that local league is played in tiny arenas with a couple of hundreds of viewers in attendance. NT doesn't sell out the arenas, Barys only fill over half of their arena in the PO. So the money is there but the actual interest is lukewarm.

Surely bigger than in Italy but still.

Last edited:

Levshunov

May 7, 2022
Minsk, Belarus
Is hockey a big deal in Kazakstan? I mean like in Belarus for example?

In Italy an average Italian doesn't even know that Italy has a hockey-team. I guess the sport is a bit more popular than that in Kazakstan.
Kazakhstan loves hockey, but not as much as Boxing. In the Soviet Union there was a good school in Ust-Kamenogorsk, a lot of good players who played at a high level came out of there. Ust-Kamenogorsk had one of the strongest goalkeeping schools in the Soviet Union.

Reactions: torero

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad